IGNORED

Luton

bucksred

I work with loads of Luton fans, and after the inevitable p*** taking this morning, they had three interesting observations:

They say the goal did cross the line, and they wernt being partisan, about it.

They saw us get the equaliser and thought that was it... a draw, and couldnt beleive it when they promptly scored another. They normally concede late goals, when they are winning!

Most interesting of all, they say we are the best team they've played at Kenilworth Road. Best football, strongest team, strong in all (!) departments, and they were VERY releived Robbo got substituted.First time they have beaten us in the league since 82

discuss...........

My point of view, we should be the strongest team, but we have a secret weapon DW Tactics & Substitutions, and that led to our undoing...at the least we should have got a draw, given Lutons current record.

Our defence is lacking in confidence if the right midfield aint played, and Saturday it wasnt! Finally we blew it when Robbo was subbed for Goodfellow, with the size of Luton defenders!

Regarding "These big Luton defenders".......... My observations are that Robbo isn't the biggest and is by no means a great headerer (if that's such a word) of the ball, therefore, the reason he had such a good game was that he was able to use his pace and anticipation of where / when to make his runs.

The bigger defenders (especially in the lower leagues), tend to be slower, so rather than fight fire with fire, Goodfellow would have been brought on, in the hope that he could do the "Roberts job", after running himself into the ground.

Obviously didn't work but that would be my guess.

Understatement-till Miller came on and Goodfellow went back on the wing, he was a non entity!
Just a quibble..and no i didnt think Robbo should have gone....but Freezer did score even if its credited to Coles and that should have got us a point :dunno:

Saying that though I thought Danny had sent a mascot on :unsure: Get some pies down him Danny!

Feed the Freeze and he will score