IGNORED

Manager.....

bucksred

Before any of you Wilson lovers bite my head off...this is an interest topic ONLY, , and a hypothetical one only, seeing as we'll be stuck with him anyway, cos we cant pay him off.

But who would you like as the City manager next season?

Me personally, like to see Peter Taylor, or Moysey.

Light blue touchpaper, retire behind wall and await explosion..... :dunno:

David Moyes? As in the Everton manager? I can see it now.......(cue american soap like dream sequence)......

SL: Hello David, would you like to be the next manager of Bristol City? We almost got into division 1 last year you know.

DM: No. <click>

SL: So you'll think about it then?

SL: Hello?? David??

Personally I'd like DW to stay. Or Peter Taylor (but then we turned him down twice already). Or me.

David Moyes? As in the Everton manager? I can see it now.......(cue american soap like dream sequence)......

SL: Hello David, would you like to be the next manager of Bristol City? We almost got into division 1 last year you know.

DM: No. <click>

SL: So you'll think about it then?

SL: Hello?? David??

Personally I'd like DW to stay. Or Peter Taylor (but then we turned him down twice already). Or me.

Missed the point, there, I said Hypothetical, and who I'd like...not we're going to get........

Guest bcfccider

Gary Johnson - has experience of Non league, third division, and International football (Latvia) - so is widely experienced, and would get the best out of the players.

And lives locally!

Edited by bcfccider

Without a shadow of a doubt, it has to be...................well,.............................me, really.

I can see it now.

I'd bring Don Howe in as my defensive coach.

I'd pep up discipline somewhat.For example, the last player in from the cross country run, would be shot.

May sound harsh, I know, but basic speed would improve on average, even if only on the basis that we'd eradicate all the slow players.

All players would be signed on a pay when play basis and strikers on pay when you score.

That would slash Lee Millers wages by 92% at a stroke :dunno:

Injured players would be shot along with the aforementioned slow players, thus eradicating any long term injury problems.

Can't think why nobody's come up with it before.

I'm off for a lie down :Sleep12:

Without a shadow of a doubt, it has to be...................well,.............................me, really.

I can see it now.

I'd bring Don Howe in as my defensive coach.

I'd pep up discipline somewhat.For example, the last player in from the cross country run, would be shot.

May sound harsh, I know, but basic speed would improve on average, even if only on the basis that we'd eradicate all the slow players.

All players would be signed on a pay when play basis and strikers on pay when you score.

That would slash Lee Millers wages by 92% at a stroke :dunno:

Injured players would be shot along with the aforementioned slow players, thus eradicating any long term injury problems.

Can't think why nobody's come up with it before.

I'm off for a lie down :Sleep12:

Well Bristol Boy, while you are lieing down I wish to commend myself to you as your deputy. We clearly are in tune with respect to player's discipline. However, I think the PFA my be concerned with your "shotgun" disciplinary processes. I suggest something more cunning. "The club regret to announce that our centre half has had his contract terminated with immediate effect after an unfortunate accident involving the Clifton Suspension Bridge". That should put us beyond suspicion.

I'm also not keen on the pay as you play scheme. Afterall, for at least 60 minutes of most games, Aaron Brown wasn't playing while he was playing. I'd prefer a pay as you run scheme whereby the player's distance covered is measured and he is paid appropriately. Obviously, any player running up and down the touchline in a pay improvement attempt will be marched straight to Clifton. Phillips will just have to take a massive pay cut.

Well Bristol Boy, while you are lieing down I wish to commend myself to you as your deputy. We clearly are in tune with respect to player's discipline. However, I think the PFA my be concerned with your "shotgun" disciplinary processes. I suggest something more cunning. "The club regret to announce that our centre half has had his contract terminated with immediate effect after an unfortunate accident involving the Clifton Suspension Bridge". That should put us beyond suspicion.

I'm also not keen on the pay as you play scheme. Afterall, for at least 60 minutes of most games, Aaron Brown wasn't playing while he was playing. I'd prefer a pay as you run scheme whereby the player's distance covered is measured and he is paid appropriately. Obviously, any player running up and down the touchline in a pay improvement attempt will be marched straight to Clifton. Phillips will just have to take a massive pay cut.

....well the facts speak for themselves - since Aaron Brown was injured we've struggled to win games. I'll be glad when Aaron Brown's back even if, as you say, he doesn't play for 60 minutes in any game. It was his contribution over those 30 minute spells that often turned games well in our favour :dunno:

sorry everyone, but it is going to be me...

after my succesful 4 seasons on championship manager, which has seen us lift 3 titles and win almost every cup - i am being pedigreed to take tinman on as my assistant and lead us to glory...

Haha. I've done the same. With Tinman by my side we've won the Div2, Div1, back-to-back, and finished 3rd in Premiership plus grabbed the league cup(2) and the FA cup all in 3 seasons! Now its time for a raid on the Champions League. Me and Tinman would bring unprecedented glory to the Gate.