Guest pcbcfc1
I'd imagine

Warm Aplause at the end of the warm up from the atyeo

Clapped (with a sprinkingly of boo's) at the start like any returning player,

boo'd during the game

Polite clap if subbed no doubt depending on how he's played

Yeah. Didnt let us down.

Guest churchill gaffer
What reception will Nick Carle get tommorrow? Hopefully good one.

Give me one good reason why he should get applauded

I don't have any respect for him

Guest EastEndJinx
I`ll give him warm reception during the warm up. He didn`t ask to leave, he was told he wasn`t wanted. Nobody knows what would have happened had he stayed. I see no reason for there to be any antipathy towards him.

PDG

Agreed. Our manager cited him as a "2-bob, tippy-tap" player and good club business to sell him. I wouldnt disagree with the 2nd part of GJ's quote but ever since those glory days of the play-off semis have wondered what Gj would really describe his son as when talking open & honestly (when one of them have left our club). Whilst SL have may applied some business reasons to Gj to sell NC, the realisty for many of us is that the Aussie had already tproved he was streets ahead of the tiny '1-bob' Lee J and therefore had to go (like many others) to keep his kid on appearance money. Oh yes and anyone watching closely for tackles tomorrow may see what the away fans saw at Selhurst last month - NC's shoulder-barge sending the 'Midge' hutling to earth like the non-contesxt it always has been, is and forever will be.

I'll give NC applause and then close my eyes as he walsk through his opponent tomorrow

Jinx

Give me one good reason why he should get applauded

I don't have any respect for him

Agree we should boo him plain and simply to put him off. Yes he did nothing wrong but equally he didnt do much right ( i realise he was only here for a short space of time)

I can remember the same situation but with Mcindoe when he returned to Molinuex for the first time last season, he had done nothing wrong but he was booed and that put him off which is obviously what we should be doing to opostion players.

Agree we should boo him plain and simply to put him off. Yes he did nothing wrong but equally he didnt do much right ( i realise he was only here for a short space of time)

I can remember the same situation but with Mcindoe when he returned to Molinuex for the first time last season, he had done nothing wrong but he was booed and that put him off which is obviously what we should be doing to opostion players.

to be fair to the Wolves fans, when joining us, McIndoe hammered the club stating he was joining a bigger club and one that was going to be more succesful, fair enough we finished higher than them last season.

But any player that makes comments like his when he left Wolves, is going to get hammered when he returns

Agreed. Our manager cited him as a "2-bob, tippy-tap" player and good club business to sell him. I wouldnt disagree with the 2nd part of GJ's quote but ever since those glory days of the play-off semis have wondered what Gj would really describe his son as when talking open & honestly (when one of them have left our club). Whilst SL have may applied some business reasons to Gj to sell NC, the realisty for many of us is that the Aussie had already tproved he was streets ahead of the tiny '1-bob' Lee J and therefore had to go (like many others) to keep his kid on appearance money. Oh yes and anyone watching closely for tackles tomorrow may see what the away fans saw at Selhurst last month - NC's shoulder-barge sending the 'Midge' hutling to earth like the non-contesxt it always has been, is and forever will be.

I'll give NC applause and then close my eyes as he walsk through his opponent tomorrow

Jinx

are you palace?

lets hope superman legend carles first shoulder barge is up against ade adebola then. love to see someone two foot him over the top shut everyone up about him on here. hes left, didnt do a lot here, not the best player ever to wear the sacred jersey get over it!!

are you palace?

lets hope superman legend carles first shoulder barge is up against ade adebola then. love to see someone two foot him over the top shut everyone up about him on here. hes left, didnt do a lot here, not the best player ever to wear the sacred jersey get over it!!

Here, Here!

Quite simply, Carle was a better midfielder than some of the ones who are currently plying their trade in our first team. Johnson said he already had a replacement for Carle, and he lied.

I don't mind the manager replacing players - any player, nobody's sacred - as long as he replaces them with someone better.

I'm quite happy to give him a subdued round of applause. He did ok for us and was improving with every game towards the end of the season. As far as I am aware he didn't ask to leave, nor has he slagged us off, so bit of respect before kick-off, followed by plenty of "abuse" once the game starts!!

In my opinion, Nicky Carle done ok for us was played out of position for large parts but towards the end he showed lots of promise. I think any foriengier coming in you have to give him time to adapt and i think this season he would have kicked on, like he's doing for Pal-arse.

For that reason i was dissapointed when he left and more so when we still have no replacememnt. I won't treat him any different to a Kevin Betsey coming back, neither wanted to leave and neither has slagged us off.

But hows this for an idea, instead of abusing NC why put that energy into cheering for one of our players! It's crazy, but it just might work!

In my opinion, Nicky Carle done ok for us was played out of position for large parts but towards the end he showed lots of promise. I think any foriengier coming in you have to give him time to adapt and i think this season he would have kicked on, like he's doing for Pal-arse.

For that reason i was dissapointed when he left and more so when we still have no replacememnt. I won't treat him any different to a Kevin Betsey coming back, neither wanted to leave and neither has slagged us off.

But hows this for an idea, instead of abusing NC why put that energy into cheering for one of our players! It's crazy, but it just might work!

I can probably, but only just, muster enough energy to do both!!

He doesnt deserve any kind of reception, he's just another player.

Wasnt here long enough and didnt do enough during that time to warrant either applause or abuse.

I agree, he wasn't here long enough for me to have an opinion on him one way or another. As far as I am aware he didn't ask to leave and although he made the usual, going to a bigger club statements that have to be made during such transfers, he has kept his move shut since.

I would only boo a player who left under a cloud and then had a lot of bad things to say about the club, like "Flapper" for example.

Mind you, his time here leads me to suggest that our players should wear extra thick shin pads and watch themselves in the tackle. I am not saying he's dirty, but clean tackling is not the strongest part of his game.

The Nick Carle obsession again!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we after this game we can finally forget about him....(somehow I doubt it, I'm sure 2009 will bring us lots more "Carle was better player than Johnson/Williams/Skuse/Noble etc etc etc etc). Never known an ex-player who played for us for 6 months, never scored a goal and never really looked that special generate so much interest. Mind you I 'spose it suits those who want any excuse to slate LJ

He was utter shite today. Completely ineffective. Johnson completely outplayed him, surely even the Carle lovers on here can see that?

To me he showed that GJ was right to sell him on. Dirty little bugger too, all these people stating he can tackle, were you there today? You would of seen that he really cannot, he can jump in two footed, thats about it.

Today should have put it firmly to bed as all the Carle fans were saying lets wait until sunday, then we'll see, and we did, we saw that he is crap.

He was utter shite today. Completely ineffective. Johnson completely outplayed him, surely even the Carle lovers on here can see that?

To me he showed that GJ was right to sell him on. Dirty little bugger too, all these people stating he can tackle, were you there today? You would of seen that he really cannot, he can jump in two footed, thats about it.

Today should have put it firmly to bed as all the Carle fans were saying lets wait until sunday, then we'll see, and we did, we saw that he is crap.

To be fair, while he was anonymous in the first half, he looked dangerous in the second. Showed today what he was - a decent player, nothing special, and no great loss. Our midfield bossed theirs.

Guest scumbag

1st half quiet, worked hard linked up play well, didn't lose possesion and always passed the ball well.

2nd half, much improved, nearly scored from a freekick but for a very good basso saved, got stuck and was willing to put a foot in, one little trick made LJ look silly, probably their best player, went in 2 footed on McIndoe?? which was harsh but that's nothing he didn't do when he was with us. (funny how city fans loved him when he did it against us, but hate him when he did for palace)

At the end, all bar McIndoe and LJ went to hug him at the end

Decent player and is a player I'd rather have playing for us, than against us.

Not once did NC make Lee Johnson look silly, however Carle did look a bit of a clown when McIndoe megged him just after their handbags and again when he tried to bring down Johnson on the edge of the box in the first half and wasn't strong enough in the challenge.

All in aal for me we were excellent today and NC done as much as he's ever done at the gate, not a lot.

Guest scumbag
what was his reception like ?

pre match, it was mixed, equal applause and boo's

boo'd first couple of touches,

after a scuffle with McIndoe, roundly abused badly

Guest scumbag
Not once did NC make Lee Johnson look silly, however Carle did look a bit of a clown when McIndoe megged him just after their handbags and again when he tried to bring down Johnson on the edge of the box in the first half and wasn't strong enough in the challenge.

All in aal for me we were excellent today and NC done as much as he's ever done at the gate, not a lot.

he nearly scored their best chance, apart from a very good basso save

the incident with LJ, was 2nd half in front of the dolman, Lj was chasing down the ball which carle had, Carle took a touch, did a flash little turn and left LJ behind him and laid the ball off elsewhere.

also another note, which I've noticed, LJ got a good applause when subbed

Archived