IGNORED

Jordi Gomez

havanatopia

Gorrrrnnnnnnn Mr. Lansdown....

The Swans look set to bow out of the bidding for 3m rated Gomez from espanyol.... could he be a very worthwhile investment to give our midfield the dynamo and creativity we need and to enhance the undoubted capabilities of Lee Johnson?

Edited by havanatopia

The Swans look set to bow out of the bidding for 3m rated Gomez from espanyol.... could he be a very worthwhile investment to give our midfield the dynamo and creativity we need and to enhance the undoubted capabilities of Lee Johnson?

Fair enough he has undoubted quality, but alongside the "undoubted capabilities" of Lee Johnson, we should expect to start tackling on our own 18 yeard box. Let's hope Louis Carey is fully fit come August becuase he could be very busy!

Edited by Tales From The Front

Guest DanC
He has fantastic technique, I have mentioned him a few times, but I reckon 3 million is too much for us.
If we can spend 2.2 million on a unproven striker in Maynard then I think it's safe to say if we wanted to sign Jordi Gomez for 3 million and he wanted to come here we could spend that amount on him. He is a proven Championship player so I think that would be a good price.

The money is there if Johnson wants it. Obviously not a unlimited amount but if Johnson identifies a player that him and Landsdown feel is value for money and there right for Bristol City then we will go out and get them be it 50 k or 3 million.

The issue would be whether the wage structure at city is right for the player and whether the player would want to move to the west...I suggest that (yet again) the answer would be no.

The issue would be whether the wage structure at city is right for the player and whether the player would want to move to the west...I suggest that (yet again) the answer would be no.

Admittedly one would expect he is looking to up his wages for the new season but the fact the swans have tabled a bid suggests they can afford his pay packet; would we not be able to compete with the swans?

If we can spend 2.2 million on a unproven striker in Maynard then I think it's safe to say if we wanted to sign Jordi Gomez for 3 million and he wanted to come here we could spend that amount on him. He is a proven Championship player so I think that would be a good price.

The money is there if Johnson wants it. Obviously not a unlimited amount but if Johnson identifies a player that him and Landsdown feel is value for money and there right for Bristol City then we will go out and get them be it 50 k or 3 million.

to borrow an internet-ism, THIS. The midfield needs more work than anything else right now, even if nobody leaves from it. That sort of quality would be just right as not only does Jordi stand out on his own it ought to inspire the others to keep up.

Lee Johnson has capabilities?