9/2 - Adie Boothroyd

11/2 - Gary Johnson

12/1 - Dave Jones

14/1 - Darren Ferguson

20/1 - Roberto Di Matteo

25/1 - Steve Coppell, Gordon Strachan, Alan Pardew

50/1 - Alan Shearer

Others available on request

With Johnson's 5 years contract, WBA will have to stump up probably £2 mill to get him.

I dunno, fairly realistic shout. If WBA did enquire then I'd still like to think GJ would say no.

They've got a good set up there though and are a notch above us at the moment I believe. Johnson would want to move up a couple of notches though you'd suspect.

Peace runs a tight ship there, and whilst they are way ahead of us right now I think GJ may prefer working with a chairman who he knows will get the chequebook out if he asks nicely!

But without a shadow of doubt if West Brom come knocking I can see it being a very attractive proposition to most managers in this league!

Guest RobbieTurner
With Johnson's 5 years contract, WBA will have to stump up probably £2 mill to get him.

I dunno, fairly realistic shout. If WBA did enquire then I'd still like to think GJ would say no.

They've got a good set up there though and are a notch above us at the moment I believe. Johnson would want to move up a couple of notches though you'd suspect.

Only my opinion, but I believe GJ and SL are so committed to see this club up in the Premier League and in a new Stadium, that I would be absolutely amazed if GJ left us for any other CCC club. I just can't see him going, when he can see a vision for our club that excites him.

GJ was 25/1 earlier - looks like his odds have gone down

By the way, the WBA chairman said in an interview a while back that he was a big fan of Gary Johnson. erp!

I suspect most chairman would talk favourably of our manager. Comes with being good at what you do.

I agree with Phatwill and Woodsy's remarks.

Only my opinion, but I believe GJ and SL are so committed to see this club up in the Premier League and in a new Stadium, that I would be absolutely amazed if GJ left us for any other CCC club. I just can't see him going, when he can see a vision for our club that excites him.

I could see him going to a club more likely to give him a platform in the Prem - makes him no different to most other managers.

I would be surprised if WBA were really interested in him though - they might want someone with a track record of getting out of the division and keeping a club there.

I think Alan Curbishley might get the WBA job - he said in an interview yesterday that he'd be interested in a CCC club if they were likely to be going in the right direction.

I could see him going to a club more likely to give him a platform in the Prem - makes him no different to most other managers.

I would be surprised if WBA were really interested in him though - they might want someone with a track record of getting out of the division and keeping a club there.

I think Alan Curbishley might get the WBA job - he said in an interview yesterday that he'd be interested in a CCC club if they were likely to be going in the right direction.

Now, there's someone who's been out of work for sometime who only thinks he's good enough to manage in the Prem!

Like Newcastle weren't too big to go down, Curbishley ain't that good than he can't manage in the Championship. Guessing he'd rather top up the pension making an odd appearance on MOTD2 than actually, shock, horror get off his ass and prove himself with a smaller club. Living on past Charlton glories me thinks.

Rant over, just something about that bloke that I can't stand.....!

Now, there's someone who's been out of work for sometime who only thinks he's good enough to manage in the Prem!

Like Newcastle weren't too big to go down, Curbishley ain't that good than he can't manage in the Championship. Guessing he'd rather top up the pension making an odd appearance on MOTD2 than actually, shock, horror get off his ass and prove himself with a smaller club. Living on past Charlton glories me thinks.

Rant over, just something about that bloke that I can't stand.....!

You could be right about how he sees himself Woodsy but maybe he's had a rethink because he definitely spoke about managing a CCC side yesterday - might be due to the Baggies vacancy?

To be fair, I think he did a good job with Charlton and West Ham..

You could be right about how he sees himself Woodsy but maybe he's had a rethink because he definitely spoke about managing a CCC side yesterday - might be due to the Baggies vacancy?

To be fair, I think he did a good job with Charlton and West Ham..

Can't argue with that, but that doesn't mean he's going to walk into a Prem job again. You've got to be foreign or a young 'un nowadays. There are some appealing jobs at our level, I don't see what the big deal with dropping a Division would make. He wouldn't have had a big budget at Charlton, and he left West Ham as they were selling players for him - he's proved he can do it, and I'm sure he's on a lot of Chairman's wish lists.

I could definately see him taking it..would be similar to when he left Yeovil in step up and timesales...plus the aggro he's had with some fans might give him the push he needs to go there.

4th fave? Ever seen a poor bookie?

Edited by garlicbread

Surely Steve Cotterill needs to realise that he's been waiting for a Championship club to appoint for so long now it's damaging his career?

He hasn't worked since 2007 yet he won't drop below the 2nd tier. Ambition is admiral but he needs to swallow his pride.

Said pretty much the same about Curbishley on another thread (maybe this one actually!) Rich.

Times have changed, you can't expect to walk into the job you want nowadays. He built his reputation lower down the league, didn't do a lot at Sjoke, Sunderland or Burnley, did he?!

Interesting first game of the season for your boys, bet you're looking forward to renewing hostilities with that lot!

Not a hope for WBA. He is wrapped up in the ambitous project here. If and when he gets BCFC into the Prem, he can choose almost any job, and then, if it is not one of the big 6 or 8 clubs, why would he go? He can achieve almost everything with us.

Go to WBA, do not get promoted next season, on the dole in a blink.

Or, stay at BCFC, continue to play the negative football experienced throughout much of season 2008/9, slide down the league, on the dole by the end of the season.

I get a frustrated as the next man when someone posts a comment including the line "A good source has told me....."

But, a good source (journalist covering the Midlands region) has told me that Gary Johnson has applied for the job at WBA, but that the club have other preferred options ahead of him.

I was rather shocked when he told me that GJ had applied, bearing in mind his recently signed 5 year contract.

Please don't shoot the messenger!

I get a frustrated as the next man when someone posts a comment including the line "A good source has told me....."

But, a good source (journalist covering the Midlands region) has told me that Gary Johnson has applied for the job at WBA, but that the club have other preferred options ahead of him.

I was rather shocked when he told me that GJ had applied, bearing in mind his recently signed 5 year contract.

He wouldn't go behind Steve's back like that. It would undermine the level of trust they have between them and he'd likely be dismissed.

All things considered, never believe a journalist.

• Admin

If he's anything like the journalist covering Bristol City then he'll have picked up his information from the internet and have a conviction for being almost twice the legal alcohol limit whilst in control of a motor vehicle.

That said, in his defence, he was only "moving it" which as we all know is completely different from "driving it".

I agree edson that he wouldn't do it without SL's knowledge. But if GJ went to him and said I'd like to apply, would SL just turned around and say no you can't?

I hope he would, bearing the contract in mind, but would he want to keep a potentially un-happy manager?

Think it's a bit harsh to tarr all journo's with the same brush!

I agree edson that he wouldn't do it without SL's knowledge. But if GJ went to him and said I'd like to apply, would SL just turned around and say no you can't?

I hope he would, bearing the contract in mind, but would he want to keep a potentially un-happy manager?

Think it's a bit harsh to tarr all journo's with the same brush!

You only need to look on here, then the Evil Post a few days later to release they get a lot of their stories through this site - I'm sure Edson could name a number of stories down the years!

You probably won't say, but what paper does your friend work for?

I'm certain that if there is a clause (and I'm sure there is) in GJ's contract it only covers him getting approaced for jobs and not applying for them. I'm sure he'd lose a big chunk of money if he does so. Now, maybe he'd be happy to do so and apply for WBA, but I think he's got a lot more about him than that. He's got a team on the rise, a Chairman that backs him and a new stadium on the way. I would hope that would be enough to keep him.

I agree Woodsy. I would like to think GJ could see us in the same position as WBA in the next couple of years (without the Premier League relegations!)

It's probably unfair of me to state the paper. It's not a red top (if that make's any difference!)

Don't expect you to name the paper Filton, but you know what I mean! If it's not a red top then it makes it slightly more plausible I guess!

It's not the Star & Mercury (I think!) that Frank Skinner always goes on. about is it.........!!!!

And as much as I admire your optimism on us being up with West Brom in a few years, I think they are quite a bit in front of us right now, unfortunately! But Hull, Burnley and Sjoke may have had some admiring glances over to them in the last couple of years..........hate to say it, but Always Believe!! :pray: