IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion Manager Search

havanatopia

• Admin
No, just putting forward a possible scenario.

GJ isn't the infallible manager some of you believe him to be, and he'd better improve things in 2009/10 or he'll start to get some serious grief during matches.

He isn't infallible but he's not exactly rubbish either. He's the manager who has just led us to our highest 2 finishes in the last 30 years.

Can you honestly not see (at least) 3 sides in this division in a worse position to succeed than us?

No-one, or at least id certainl hope no-one, believes Johnson is infallible.

Having said that the 'bad' he has done at this club absolutely pales in comparison to the good, in the strongest possible terms. And people, such as yourself, setting your stall out that 'he'd better improve things in 2009/10' is massively uncalled for.

If he does 'improve things' to any real extent then we'll make the play-offs at least. What do you believe should be the consequences if we finish mid-table?

No-one, or at least id certainl hope no-one, believes Johnson is infallible.

Having said that the 'bad' he has done at this club absolutely pales in comparison to the good, in the strongest possible terms. And people, such as yourself, setting your stall out that 'he'd better improve things in 2009/10' is massively uncalled for.

If he does 'improve things' to any real extent then we'll make the play-offs at least. What do you believe should be the consequences if we finish mid-table?

I am not too bothered about league position, as long as we don't get relegated. I just want to be entertained again, like we were in 2006/7 & 2007/8. Watching BCFC for large parts of 2008/9 was like watching paint dry. Bearing in mind the inflated prices we all pay to watch football these days, we deserve a higher level of entertainment than we got last year.

If our main tactic in 2009/10 is still going to be to try to take a 1-0 lead and then hang on to it for the rest of the game, I fear that people will really let Johnson have some "dogs abuse" this season. Personally, I won't be one of them because I just sit in silence when I'm bored, but I know plenty of people who sit near me who will not be afraid to let Johnson know exactly what they think of him and his tactics.

SJC & Cynic :worship2:

With all due respect, entertainment comes after winning for me. Yeah, we'd love 4-3's, but you get just as many points for winning 1-0. I've had a good look at the fixtures today for the first time, this is one tough league, with the exception of 3, maybe 4 teams this looks to me (on paper at least) a tougher league than last season. Come 22nd Aug, I don't think many people will complain if we win 1-0 at C*rdiff after scoring in the first minute and hanging on.

3 points ahead of 3 goals any day of the week.

I'd love to see this forum if / when GJ really does start to do a bad job....

Come 22nd Aug, I don't think many people will complain if we win 1-0 at C*rdiff after scoring in the first minute and hanging on.

Agreed, but that's an away game. I'm talking about the home games, where I feel the manager has a duty to send his team out with more postive instructions than appeared to be the case last year. Burnley showed us how it can, and should, be done.

Agreed, but that's an away game. I'm talking about the home games, where I feel the manager has a duty to send his team out with more postive instructions than appeared to be the case last year. Burnley showed us how it can, and should, be done.

To be fair, Burnley had the flair players to do just that. At the moment we don't - remembering Burnley were in the Championship for some time before hitting the jackpot. If the names mentioned on here at to be believed (if!!) then we may just get to see the entertainment that you are after.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to batter everyone 3-0 at home, and nick 1-0's away - but we're two seasons into the greatest adventure we've had in a long time. Walking before we can run and all that!

'club lacking financial clout' ?.... perhaps not for much longer if some of these rumours are to be believed and realised.

The simple fact that we haven't been in the Prem, and so don't have the parachute payments other clubs have, is what's meant by not having financial clout.

The Albion fans seem quite keen on GJ taking over. Interesting.

The simple fact that we haven't been in the Prem, and so don't have the parachute payments other clubs have, is what's meant by not having financial clout.

The Albion fans seem quite keen on GJ taking over. Interesting.

Well, whoever comes in is going to need a lot of cash to get 'em off the bottom of the table. :tumbleweed: