IGNORED

Our Fans Today

gazza1982

Didn't go to the game today due to work commitments which meant had to listen to the game on the radio. However, our fans sounded superb. Still outsinging WBA fans when 4-0 down. Big well done and a credit to the club :city:

Gee what a short thread.

No 31 was fantastic today!!

Couldnt even hear a baggie croak

c'mon u reddddsssssss!!!!!!!!

Some bits from the Baggies forum about our away support

Special shout out to those Bristol Fans though, apart from Stoke i dont think ive ever saw anyone sing as loud and as often as them in a game, even when they were 4-1 down, fair play to them!

They gave it a go today, despite being 4-0 down at the time, fair play to them.

However I must say apart from the disgraceful booing when Mattock was stretchered off they produced some first class support, best of the season so far

http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php

Well done Cider boys

Guest will alwayes beleve
Didn't go to the game today due to work commitments which meant had to listen to the game on the radio. However, our fans sounded superb. Still outsinging WBA fans when 4-0 down. Big well done and a credit to the club :city:

it was a great game shame we lost but we did make up with it with our singing it was brilliant they couldnt touch us lets keep that atmosphere going at home for united shame we couldnt really stand up but quality.

Guest 21. Marcham

Our second half support was amazing but can anyone really say we outsung them first half? We only put a handful of decent songs together in the first half and they were quite loud IMO. But second half we were immense and it shows just how good we are especially at 0-4 down. :englandsmile4wf:

Yep, I was there and we were reasonably quiet 1st half but the last half hour was amazing, don't think they could believe the 'Bounce Around The Ground'.

As for the game, if we could have sneaked that chance in just before they scored it could have been a completely different game.

Thought Maynard & Haynes were brilliant with the poor service they got but Louis was VERY poor today (at fault for the first goal if not more), 1st rule of defending.....SEND THEM WIDE....DON'T LET THEM CUT INSIDE.

Even after the poor start we had more than enough chances to get something from the game, just wish we could see an attacking performance like WBA produced today at AG.

BCAGFC

Guest will alwayes beleve

wow wow wow how was he the person shot through his legs how is that his fault but wen we were 3-0 down who was pushing up the field to get back into the game lewis if the first goal was more of a fault it would have been gerking for getting beat at the neer post but we couldnt stop it it was a good goal

A bit horse at the moment, I thought first half we were ok, went quiet after going 4-0 down then the albion fans started sing "why the **** are you still here?" We rallied with city till I die and then totally outsung them till ft.

First half I think we were all in shock, One second it looks like were going to take the lead early on but miss a open goal and the next were 1 nil down and then 9 mins later we are 2 down. I think most realised by that time it wasn't going to be a good day but there was still a little bit of hope there. Once it got to 4 it was just a case of laugh or cry and letting the players know we are still there behind them.

wow wow wow how was he the person shot through his legs how is that his fault but wen we were 3-0 down who was pushing up the field to get back into the game lewis if the first goal was more of a fault it would have been gerking for getting beat at the neer post but we couldnt stop it it was a good goal

Louis was at fault for the first goal he allowed Thomas to run 30 yards before letting him get a shot in without closing him down. None of the back 4/5 covered themselves in glory time for fonts to return.

As I said 1st rule of defending.....don't let your player cut inside...exactly what Louis allowed Thomas to do, although Thomas would have skinned him if he would let him go outside....catch 22 I suppose but not good enough at this level.

The shot didn't go through Louis's legs from where I was sitting and I couldn't have got much closer to the situation.

Louis did make one great a saving interception in the 2nd half when they were clean through but I really think we now need to look to the future as far as the CBK position goes.

BCAGFC.

what do you mean?

My apologies mcbcfc, it's a spelling thing which I appreciate is bad form to pick up on. I've had a few glasses of wine and was feeling a bit playful.

By the way, I only listened on the radio to-day but our fans were absolutely fantastic.

Guest matt0755

:winner_third_h4h: Well "xfactor eat your heart out" haha Away End @ Hawthorns For Last Half Hour Was Good! Ok The Result Was Disaster But We Had To Get Some Singing To Restore Some Pride!!!

I Came Up With Some West Brom Fans From Chippenham! They Commented And Said Our Midfiled Was Good! And We Played Some Good Possesion At times!

im going to leicester city on the 8th of december!! Cant Wait!!

However The Season Is Far From Over And I Am Sure Their Will Be More Twists And Turns Thru Out The Season!

Come On You Reds!!

:winner_third_h4h: Well "xfactor eat your heart out" haha Away End @ Hawthorns For Last Half Hour Was Good! Ok The Result Was Disaster But We Had To Get Some Singing To Restore Some Pride!!!

I Came Up With Some West Brom Fans From Chippenham! They Commented And Said Our Midfiled Was Good! And We Played Some Good Possesion At times!

im going to leicester city on the 8th of december!! Cant Wait!!

However The Season Is Far From Over And I Am Sure Their Will Be More Twists And Turns Thru Out The Season!

Come On You Reds!!

Well said matt, I think if anyone finishes above west brom at the end of the season they'll be picking up the champions medals. I think we played some tidy football in the first and last 10 minutes of the game. We need to find our ruthless streak I say it's time Clarkson got a run out up top and move Hanyes out wide, we were crying out for some width today. I'm not bradley's biggest fan but I thought we missed him, Fonts has to return but despite the score I think we worked hard, had enough of the ball and a few chances (we just need to take them)

PS that's fine marshy, just thought you were asking a question

Guest matt0755

Yes Ok We Lost Heavy Defeat But It Upsets Me To See Any Fan Leave B4 Fulltime Ovbious Their Money But It Shows No Respect To The Players We Are A Club That Want Success! And You Have To Accept Defeat As Well As Winning Mind!!!

Guest charisma_cider
A bit horse at the moment, I thought first half we were ok, went quiet after going 4-0 down then the albion fans started sing "why the **** are you still here?" We rallied with city till I die and then totally outsung them till ft.

Exactly right, as soon as they started chanting that it breathed new life into the city fans, didn't stop singing from then on, can't believe we even churned out a bounce around the ground.

Imo turned what could have been a really really awful away day into something nowhere near as bad.

Was there and the support, primarily from about 70 mins onward - after the Albion fans brought out the 'Why the **** are you still here?', was fantastic.

Well done to all those that put in the effort, it is exactly days like today, when your team is down and {in this instance} very much out, that singing/support is most appreciated.

I especially enjoyed, after Hartley scored, 'We're gonna win 5-4, we're gonna win 5-4 . . . . . . . . '

:clapping:

Couldn't be there, or listen to the game today - but I've been on the piss tonight with a Baggies fan who tells me there were City fans leaving when the 4th goal went in! Please tell me he's lying....!

Also been out with a G*shead, who's had massive fun at my expense, because they beat Gillingham......jes, he's easy to shout down down, his only come back is that JPT Cup (or whatever it was called at the time!) game 4 seasons ago.......

Yes Ok We Lost Heavy Defeat But It Upsets Me To See Any Fan Leave B4 Fulltime Ovbious Their Money But It Shows No Respect To The Players We Are A Club That Want Success! And You Have To Accept Defeat As Well As Winning Mind!!!

And it does not show disrespect to hardworking supporters who paid in some instances £100+ to follow the team to West Brom and watch crap like that??? I can accept defeat, I've followed City for 35 years. I cannot accept capitulation and Sunday League defending. Neither am I consoling myself with the desperate comfort that our fans sang loudly at 0-4 down.

cant believe the comments about why people left before the end!!! show respect to the players? they went out and played rawful, as said above, over 100 quid spent, and you expect me to show them respect!!!!!

Nothing to do with respect, I spent around the same amount of money and even tho it was a pretty shite day out I wasn't going to waste all that money by going home early. It really does annoy me that spend huge amounts of money following our teamand these players that earn in a month(some even two weeks) earn what I do in a year and on the back of a two week break where some of them probably enjoyed anice short break away come back and dish out shit like that.

Yesterday was a bad day and it hurt but when we win games it makes them victories even sweeter.

Guest GUERNSEY TAFFY RED

I was proud to be a city fan yesterday, the singing for the last half hour was brilliant, some of the best i have ever heard. The chanting was brilliant especially at Green letting his country down - genius! I could see an awful lot of WBA fans applauding us and i bet they were surprised as hell that a team 4-0 down could make so much noise. Many of the fans around me left the game with smiles on their faces instead of being miserable. It just makes me wonder how much noise we will make when we move into the new East End. As i left the ground i thought how boring it must be being a chelsea or manure fan winning every week - i'm just glad that i am a city fan and sat with such a fantastic bunch of supporters yesterday.

Defeat I can accept! I knew as soon as I seen McCombe trot out on the pitch though at the start it wasnt going to be our day.

As for the "showing no respect", the fact that so many stayed as long as they did showed plenty of respect. Respect is earned in my opinion, and yesterday, they didnt really earn any in my eyes. Yeah West Brom were a good team, but it was the basics we got wrong. Allowing players to run and cut inside, not closing your man down...its basic stuff. Some of our passing was awful to. It summed it up when the WBA fans started singing the "circus" theme tune!

Yesterday was abysmal, fair play to people on here who are trying to take positives from that game, I failed to see any...apart from maybe Evander Sno

• Admin
Was there and the support, primarily from about 70 mins onward - after the Albion fans brought out the 'Why the **** are you still here?', was fantastic.

Well done to all those that put in the effort, it is exactly days like today, when your team is down and {in this instance} very much out, that singing/support is most appreciated.

I especially enjoyed, after Hartley scored, 'We're gonna win 5-4, we're gonna win 5-4 . . . . . . . . '

:clapping:

Also our goal came at a time when we were cheering every successful City pass or challenge whilst booing every West Brom touch, a gesture normally reserved for when we are 4-0 up not down.

The players often remark that hearing the support of the fans gives them a boost and I wonder if we'd have got that consolation goal had we not responded to the insult from the Albion fans.

I particularly enjoyed it when we turned previous Albion taunts back against them such as "we forgot that you were here". We may have lost 4-1 but we didn't play that badly (just one less shot than the Albion...albeit it less clear-cut chances) and the last 20 mins of chanting meant we finished on a high. I only get to 3 or 4 away games a season these days and it certainly beat the likes of drawing 0-0 at Barnsley last season for example.

Guest matt0755

Christ That Took Me Hours To Write The Write Me Last Post! Yesterday We Made One To Many Mistakes! But If You Dont Take Your Chances You Dont Deserve To Win!

Lets Hope We Can Win At Home Next Saturday! Ill Be Working :(

Did you really press the 'caps' button at the start of every word?

It's shift isn't it.

(Sorry for the lisp)

Thats maybe a bit of a strong response, but yes it is absolute shift. I keep finding that my eyes are moving up and down instead of in a nice smooth horizontal line as I attempt to read the words of wisdom.

Agree can't understand why people leave early, although it's their prerogative. More interesting though, anyone see the hundreds of WBA supporters leaving early ?

Guest sherratt11

I was in the directors box on sat and i was really impressed with our support. Louder than the baggies fans for most of the second half. Some quality banter between us and them was the best part of the match.

Archived