IGNORED

Del's Secret Points Total Target

havanatopia

Few stats to start with:-

Under Millen (wiggles for 2 games)

6 pts from 12 league games = 0.5 pts per game

Under Del

25 pts from 19 league games = 1.31 pts per game

if we continue with that form we will accumulate a further 19 pts from the remaining 15 games giving us a total haul of 50 pts.

Question: Is that enough?

Agree with Bar BS3.

Looking at the table in years gone by, the bottom 3 usually have more points than they do this season - at this stage of the season

My prediction is that we will need about 46 points to stay up - but I reckon we'll get about 52.

So my prediction is that we'll stay up relatively comfortably - this is not taking into account that Pompey are likely to lose 10 points

Agree with Bar BS3.

Looking at the table in years gone by, the bottom 3 usually have more points than they do this season - at this stage of the season

My prediction is that we will need about 46 points to stay up - but I reckon we'll get about 52.

So my prediction is that we'll stay up relatively comfortably - this is not taking into account that Pompey are likely to lose 10 points

If there is any consistency to be shown, then Portsmouth should be deducted more than 10 points, with it being their 2nd administration, as those were the standards set when the same happened to Luton & Rotherham.

If they get away with 10 points on the basis that one administration was whilst in the prem, that would be a ****ing disgrace!

Few stats to start with:-

Under Millen (wiggles for 2 games)

6 pts from 12 league games = 0.5 pts per game

Under Del

25 pts from 19 league games = 1.31 pts per game

if we continue with that form we will accumulate a further 19 pts from the remaining 15 games giving us a total haul of 50 pts.

Question: Is that enough?

Another thing (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the arse) but we've been on a fairly dismal run recently i.e. Losing home and away, not scoring many goals, so hopefully we'll start to come out of this poor form soon...

Please don't shoot me :-(

52 should be safety.

anyone who drops out with that tally can think themselves unfortunate.

But, can we amass that total?

None of the bottom 3 will get near that.

The last time you had to get 53 points - the team in 22nd had 33 points at this stage.

Last season 43 points was enough - and the team in 22nd had 29 points at this stage - 4 more than this season... So 45 or 46 is the high end of what's possible for the bottom 3

Yes it will be as it would need 2 of the current 3+Pompey to get top half form to overcome that.

Realistically the highest I could see 2 of them getting would be 1.25 points per game (our current form). That would set the target at 45 points. Bear in mind that all of these teams are actually doing worse than that right now on current form (last 8 games) - Cov- 1.12, Donny - 1, Pompey - 1, Forest - 0.5

They have won once in their last 4 games, losing the other 3 and only won 2 of their last 8, losing the other 6.

Hardly picking up a bit of form! Good result last night though, in fairness.

They have a half decent home record, but haven't won away from home all season and unless that suddenly changes then I fully expect them to go down.

We owe them one at Ashton Gate on 9th April too.

None of the bottom 3 will get near that.

The last time you had to get 53 points - the team in 22nd had 33 points at this stage.

Last season 43 points was enough - and the team in 22nd had 29 points at this stage - 4 more than this season... So 45 or 46 is the high end of what's possible for the bottom 3

Riaz,

I hope you're right.

But whether it's 45,46 or 52 we're no where near that at present, and inspite of last nights rousing comeback, we have looked more like relegation material with every passing game.

Maybe last night was a pivotal moment in our season?

Riaz,

I hope you're right.

But whether it's 45,46 or 52 we're no where near that at present, and inspite of last nights rousing comeback, we have looked more like relegation material with every passing game.

Maybe last night was a pivotal moment in our season?

I would agree in the last few games we've looked poor. I would argue though, that we are just inconsistent.

Would'nt be surprised if we have a couple of good performances/results now... then followed by similar poor performances/results.... and so on.

Hope so anyway :)

It's hard to tell. All very well coming up with theories of previous seasons and how many points we predict the bottom 3 may get, but not all 3 teams can continue to lose every week.

Who's to say that one of them can't or won't go on a run and a bit of a mini revival?

5 more wins SHOULD just about be enough but it will be tight.

It's hard to tell. All very well coming up with theories of previous seasons and how many points we predict the bottom 3 may get, but not all 3 teams can continue to lose every week.

Who's to say that one of them can't or won't go on a run and a bit of a mini revival?

I think the nature of the comeback tuesday could inspire a little run we just need that little spark in the middle now

One might go on a decent run, but then another team in the bottom half will usually have a shocking end to the season and drop into the bottom 3 - just hope that aint us!!

Edited by Riaz

And yet we are 14th (or equal 12th) in the championship form table for the last 8 games.

Others are doing worse and a win at Peterborough would pull a couple more teams into it.

Pompey are 19th in the form table and about to lose 10 points - they may be in big trouble now.

If we can maintain just over 1 point average per game, we will be ok.

Exactly. We may look like a millen team at times - but we are competitive and pick points up, if nothing else

One might go on a decent run, but then another team in the bottom half will usually have a shocking end to the season and drop into the bottom 3 - just hope that aint us!!

I guess if you say 46 as a rough guideline then the teams below us would pretty much have to double there points tally from all season to finish above us. Pboro is massive on sat, we get a win we throw them into the mix and they are dropping rapidly!

And yet we are 14th (or equal 12th) in the championship form table for the last 8 games.

Others are doing worse and a win at Peterborough would pull a couple more teams into it.

Pompey are 19th in the form table and about to lose 10 points - they may be in big trouble now.

If we can maintain just over 1 point average per game, we will be ok.

The awkward moment when someone brings some facts into a doomsday discussion on OTIB.

You've been around long enough, Cynic, to know that that is not acceptable.

WE ARE DOOOMED.