IGNORED

Henderson Loaned For 700K, Maynard Sold For 2 Mil...hmmmm

havanatopia

According to this article ...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pearce-i-may-be-next-to-leave-1-3640279

....Henderson has gone to WHU for a £700k loan fee. I find that a great deal for Pompey especially when you compare what Maynard was sold for.. to the same club. Seems like we got stitched twice.

Of course, you cannot believe all you read in the press can you.

yet he's gone to west ham to sit on the bench

All about money

Or perhaps he knows something we don't. Maybe Green is off at the end of the season.

He didn't get on the bench all that much when he was here so you can hardly blame him. It was poor management IMO, Should have shipped Gerken out OR not brought in James.

Edited by Chris_Brown

West ham need portsmouth to stay in Business to keep the 6 points, would love it, if west ham only made the play offs then crash in them HA HA

Can anyone post the Championship table - with points gained from Pompey taken out? Just wondered how it would affect us?

Can anyone post the Championship table - with points gained from Pompey taken out? Just wondered how it would affect us?

It was done on here a few weeks back, I think WHam would lose 6 points, hence why they are so keen to prob up Pompey. We would lose 1 point, at the time the table was done but of course that is now 2. If I remember rightly the real winners were Reading who would have gone top at the time.

As for Wham failing, well we have a part to play in that (Tues 17th April).

If I was in the UK i would of course go to that WHU match. its not in my nature to boo an ex player or any player for that matter but i can understand why some people would at Maynard. Lets be quite clear here; the lad could very easily have come out and been honest and said he would like to test himself at a higher level and for that reason he did not think he would be signing a new contract... blah blah blah and all the nice stuff about us etc etc.. he didn't. he waffled, blagged, deferred, said nout, turned us around in riddles and kept everyone guessing knowing full well he was off and we, most of us anyway, thought about the same, probably. he had ample opportunity to put it to bed early on, mid way through the saga or nearer the end... he never did.

You will always have a mindless moronic few who will shout obscenities and throw things and abuse his family and that is plain wrong. But.. it could all have been avoided had he been grown up about it. And I don't care if some say he was advised by his 'agent' - inverted commas because he never behaved like a decent agent did he, not in my book. He wasn't grown up about it and will get flak from BCFC for it forever more. All i can say really therefore is, tough luck.

As for Henderson, Millen made a big mistake there imo, amongst the litany.

All in all though... you have to look upstairs for the real errors in losing out on the cash front with both of these players. its been said many times before and will be many times in the future, of that I have no doubt; CS is not a patch on SL as a chairman. Just my opinion however but there are enough pointers to that conclusion.

If I was in the UK i would of course go to that WHU match. its not in my nature to boo an ex player or any player for that matter but i can understand why some people would at Maynard. Lets be quite clear here; the lad could very easily have come out and been honest and said he would like to test himself at a higher level and for that reason he did not think he would be signing a new contract... blah blah blah and all the nice stuff about us etc etc.. he didn't. he waffled, blagged, deferred, said nout, turned us around in riddles and kept everyone guessing knowing full well he was off and we, most of us anyway, thought about the same, probably. he had ample opportunity to put it to bed early on, mid way through the saga or nearer the end... he never did.

You will always have a mindless moronic few who will shout obscenities and throw things and abuse his family and that is plain wrong. But.. it could all have been avoided had he been grown up about it. And I don't care if some say he was advised by his 'agent' - inverted commas because he never behaved like a decent agent did he, not in my book. He wasn't grown up about it and will get flak from BCFC for it forever more. All i can say really therefore is, tough luck.

As for Henderson, Millen made a big mistake there imo, amongst the litany.

All in all though... you have to look upstairs for the real errors in losing out on the cash front with both of these players. its been said many times before and will be many times in the future, of that I have no doubt; CS is not a patch on SL as a chairman. Just my opinion however but there are enough pointers to that conclusion.

City had no indecation that henderson was leaving and offered him a contract he rejected it and f'd off on a free

City accpetted a 6 million pound bid from liecester and maynard turned them down and would of f'ed off on a free too but we accepted a bid from west ham what more can the board do chain them to the bloody post?

As I recall, we did not give Henderson many chances, made a vanity signing in James that blocked his progress, and once both Gerken and James were re-signed, Henderson made the inevitable decision to look elsewhere. Always thought Henderson looked good, so signing James seemed a mistake at the time, and whilst Gerken is an adequate keeper, never understood why he was ahead of Hendo in pecking order. Thought Hendo hedged his bets, and once James confirmed he was staying, that was when he decided to go. Judging by what has happened since, career wise it was definitely a good move for him. As for Maynard, who can blame him? And at least we got £2M, a few months later and we'd have got nothing.

City had no indecation that henderson was leaving and offered him a contract he rejected it and f'd off on a free

City accpetted a 6 million pound bid from liecester and maynard turned them down and would of f'ed off on a free too but we accepted a bid from west ham what more can the board do chain them to the bloody post?

But those at city, could have used their common sense and thought any of the following:

a) 3 first team keepers is too many

b) why would a 22 year old keeper want to be a no3

c) why would he want to be behind a very poor keeper like gerken.

d) why are we giving a 2 year contract to a league one keeper.

The reasons above would have all contributed to henderson leaving. It would have been a surprise if he had wanted to stay in all honesty!

But no, keef just could'nt make a decision - so he offered all 3 a new deal!

Edited by Riaz

But those at city, could have used their common sense and thought any of the following:

a) 3 first team keepers is too many

b) why would a 22 year old keeper want to be a no3

c) why would he want to be behind a very poor keeper like gerken.

d) why are we giving a 2 year contract to a league one keeper.

The reasons above would have all contributed to henderson leaving. It would have been a surprise if he had wanted to stay in all honesty!

But no, keef just could'nt make a decision - so he offered all 3 a new deal!

I know teflon made the mstake I'm pointing out the fact that it can't be pointed at the board they did everything in their power to keep both players yet are getting the blame what more could they do

I've always agreed with you gerken should never have got a contract the fact he was a panic buy after basso shafted us was an indecation of this

Don't recall Basso shafting us. I thought he fell out with the Manager who then dropped him. After that who knows? Seemed that nobody was big enough to back down and make the peace and the City PR spin machine went in overdrive to paint Basso as the evil villain.

Don't recall Basso shafting us. I thought he fell out with the Manager who then dropped him. After that who knows? Seemed that nobody was big enough to back down and make the peace and the City PR spin machine went in overdrive to paint Basso as the evil villain.

He waited until weale left before handing in a transfer request just before the start of the season, turning down a contract that his agent adviced him to sign making him the highest paid player in the clubs history (at the time) to chase a dream of playing in the prem which he never did ie shafting us

He waited until weale left before handing in a transfer request just before the start of the season, turning down a contract that his agent adviced him to sign making him the highest paid player in the clubs history (at the time) to chase a dream of playing in the prem which he never did ie shafting us

Basso's future has nothing to do with weale - its not his concern.

Basso's future has nothing to do with weale - its not his concern.

I think Monkeh is suggesting Basso waited for Weale to go before putting his own spanner in the works, i,.e, that Basso was complicit or scheming.

Monkeh.. ultimately, the board need to take the blame; the buck stops with them. it has been handled badly imo.

I think Monkeh is suggesting Basso waited for Weale to go before putting his own spanner in the works, i,.e, that Basso was complicit or scheming.

Monkeh.. ultimately, the board need to take the blame; the buck stops with them. it has been handled badly imo.

How can the club be to blame.....they offered him a new contract, what more could they have done. No one was really to blame, Basso just wanted to move on. Perhaps Bigger clubs were sniffing around, and he thought he might better himself. It would seem these were only rumours as when he became a free agent, nobody came in for him. Why does it always have to be someone's fault?

How can the club be to blame.....they offered him a new contract, what more could they have done. No one was really to blame, Basso just wanted to move on. Perhaps Bigger clubs were sniffing around, and he thought he might better himself. It would seem these were only rumours as when he became a free agent, nobody came in for him. Why does it always have to be someone's fault?

I was not referring to Basso but take your general point. My view is simply different.

Or perhaps he knows something we don't. Maybe Green is off at the end of the season.

He didn't get on the bench all that much when he was here so you can hardly blame him. It was poor management IMO, Should have shipped Gerken out OR not brought in James.

What you should have done was bring Cammy Bell in for nothing last year.And now you will need to pay for him.Anybody watch him in the cup final?He is easily one off the best keepers in the SPL.

Are you an agent for Scottish players? haha

No but Bell has even been linked with Bolton and Liverpool.And lots off championship clubs,but signed a new deal at Killie.The fact that nobody came in for him was astounding.When its clear that he is quality.And young enough to sell on at a profit.I know what its like at a club though.You back the local guys and want them to do well.If you have brought them through your own ranks.