IGNORED

New Kit

havanatopia

THE NEW KIT FOR 2013-14  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Half the people voting probably never buy a kit anyway.

So would you not be concerned if the other half that do, don't!

There is big money in kit sales,surely the club realise this.

It's as if the kit designer says, " right, that's a nice shirt, lets just add something to make it look shite"

(As he puts some white armbands on to it)

Edited by Portland Bill

So would you not be concerned if the other half that do, don't!

There is big money in kit sales,surely the club realise this.

It's as if the kit designer says, " right, that's a nice shirt, lets just add something to make it look shite"

(As he puts some white armbands on to it)

Portland is right, the club should be looking to encourage more people to buy the kit and so they should be aiming to please the larger majority. I still don't understand why the club doesn't make more robin stuff, like a retro plain red kit with just the robins logo on it.... that would sell loads and would be a great alternative to the Adidas shirts if that's not something our fans want to buy.

Portland is right, the club should be looking to encourage more people to buy the kit and so they should be aiming to please the larger majority. I still don't understand why the club doesn't make more robin stuff, like a retro plain red kit with just the robins logo on it.... that would sell loads and would be a great alternative to the Adidas shirts if that's not something our fans want to buy.

Spot on, a plain white t shirt with a large Robin crest on the front would sell thousands imo.

If the club won't do it then someone on here with that bit of nous could make some serious cash.

Spot on, a plain white t shirt with a large Robin crest on the front would sell thousands imo.

If the club won't do it then someone on here with that bit of nous could make some serious cash.

Factory is 15 minutes down the road from where I am eating my porridge this morning here in China. Oh and they told me they can do a shirt for less than a fiver!!

Do City actually have a commercial dept? Certain parts of it are clearly not fit for purpose.

Surely when selecting a kit there should be certain criteria to meet. Not in any particular order :-

1. It should look good, classy and better than the run of the mill chosen from stock patterns.

2. Be clearly visible to team mates, last seasons was questionable.

3. Be comfortable to wear.

4. Shirts that allow you to breath properly, (no tight necks).

5. Shorts that don't restrict movement.

6. It should make you look fit, fast, and skillful, I've always thought white socks make the feet look faster and Arsenals shirts make their chests look larger.

It seems like lot's of decisions taken nowadays are, firstly down to cost, then how much profit they can make selling them on.

Get the basics right first.

To prove kit selection is related to success, take a look over the river, now you know why the gas are so shit.

Home kit is OK, marginally better than this year's, at least we are in red/white/red which it should ALWAYS be, for me.

Away kit is ghastly. Ironically this season's away kit for me was the nicest we've had in years. White/black/white is a good combination. For me it just doesn't work in reverse. I hate the fact that we are in black shirts and white shorts, it's just wrong.

Surely when selecting a kit there should be certain criteria to meet. Not in any particular order :-

1. It should look good, classy and better than the run of the mill chosen from stock patterns.

2. Be clearly visible to team mates, last seasons was questionable.

3. Be comfortable to wear.

4. Shirts that allow you to breath properly, (no tight necks).

5. Shorts that don't restrict movement.

6. It should make you look fit, fast, and skillful, I've always thought white socks make the feet look faster and Arsenals shirts make their chests look larger.

It seems like lot's of decisions taken nowadays are, firstly down to cost, then how much profit they can make selling them on.

Get the basics right first.

To prove kit selection is related to success, take a look over the river, now you know why the gas are so shit.

Unfortunately, is more of a case (with Adidas):

1. Correct colour

2. Pick a template - one for home one for away

3. Bite your thumb in anticipation for fans opinions

I'd like us to have a kit brand that will create a unique design, rather than templates.

This can be achieved without being tied in with a second rate company who works for one of the big brands.

Basically no Puma, Adidas or Nike kit deals please.

I personally like the away shirt more but think we'd do better with another brand in future.

What I don't understand is why the club can't see that the fans care a lot about the kit, enough to cause a massive debate over numerous threads! If they can see this, which they obviously can, then they need to start interacting with the fans, asking them what they want and pushing to give them it.

What I don't understand is why the club can't see that the fans care a lot about the kit, enough to cause a massive debate over numerous threads! If they can see this, which they obviously can, then they need to start interacting with the fans, asking them what they want and pushing to give them it.

Precisely. I said in another thread that other clubs have been involving fans in kit decisions for years, so why is it so difficult for the club to comprehend that actually, the majority of fans DO care about what kit we turn out in.

Precisely. I said in another thread that other clubs have been involving fans in kit decisions for years, so why is it so difficult for the club to comprehend that actually, the majority of fans DO care about what kit we turn out in.

Arghh but perhaps you are forgetting that Mr. Smith says he listened to fans in order to 'choose' OPTION 2. !!

Seems he did not listen to the more than 75% of fans on here who wanted OPTION 3.

That is a pretty unequivocal rejection of what we are now lumbered with for the new season.

Arghh but perhaps you are forgetting that Mr. Smith says he listened to fans in order to 'choose' OPTION 2. !!

Seems he did not listen to the more than 75% of fans on here who wanted OPTION 3.

That is a pretty unequivocal rejection of what we are now lumbered with for the new season.

I really can't understand if your on a wind up or just REALLY thick.

1. You don't know we have had an option of the 1,2 and 3 that's getting mentioned a lot on here.

2. We only know there's an "option 3" because someone posted a link to the Adidas templates. That doesn't mean we ever had a choice!

3. I'm sure when Kevin smith said the club listened to the fans he meant by going back to red and white, after trying something different last year because fans complained our kits were always the same!!

4. Kevin smith said the club would consult us for NEXT season, which suggests we didn't have much of a choice this season.

This just seems like a massive witch hunt when you don't know the facts behind the kit selection. All we know is you keep banging on about fans wanting "option 3" which we didn't even know existed before last week, and our kit was decided months ago!

I really can't understand if your on a wind up or just REALLY thick.

Neither, I can assure you of that. And I'll take your deprecating remark with a pinch of salt.

1. You don't know we have had an option of the 1,2 and 3 that's getting mentioned a lot on here.

As in the club i assume you mean not having those options.. no you are right i do not; I am taking it as face value that the club DID have a choice of sorts however because I think it fairly sensible the club would have had some to choose from.

2. We only know there's an "option 3" because someone posted a link to the Adidas templates. That doesn't mean we ever had a choice!

As above plus I do not believe Adidas are quite that dictatorial.

3. I'm sure when Kevin smith said the club listened to the fans he meant by going back to red and white, after trying something different last year because fans complained our kits were always the same!!

A tad disingenuous IF Mr. Smith made that remark meaning by going back to R & W he listened; he does not need to listen to get to that conclusion.

4. Kevin smith said the club would consult us for NEXT season, which suggests we didn't have much of a choice this season.

Which kinda suggests that 'listening' this season was a rather superficial exercise then.

This just seems like a massive witch hunt when you don't know the facts behind the kit selection. All we know is you keep banging on about fans wanting "option 3" which we didn't even know existed before last week, and our kit was decided months ago!

I am not party to knowing the kit was 'decided months ago' are you? I'd like to see that. If that is the case it further strengthens the point that the club listened in all but words not actions.

And you may call it a witch hunt, you may call it whatever you darn well like. In my view and 75% of others the 'chosen' kit is disliked by a substantial majority on here; the only poll I have seen to date.

Does all of this still make me thick? Perhaps you should set up a poll on that subject and maybe 25% will say i am.

For information:

Each year the release of the new kit attracts comments both for and against. The 'lemon peel' shirt of two years ago came in for a lot of criticism from some quarters, yet ended up as our biggest selling away shirt ever. Last years 'star trek' shirt was also not universally liked, yet sold very well, particularly taking into account what a poor season we had and the difficult financial times we all had to face.

As part of our kit deal with Adidas our choices are restricted to the available templates. We also have to order up to a year in advance, to make sure kit is available in the right quantities. So this year's kit was indeed chosen quite some time ago.

Since then, we have set up the Fans Parliament, and embarked on a policy of wider fan engagement and consultation. This means that in future, decisions on kit will be taken in a much more inclusive way.

This is the last year of our current deal with Adidas, which gives us an ideal opportunity to make sure that in the future we get as many supporters as possible involved in how a new kit might look.

We've already started having internal conversations about this. We'll be coming back to fans in the autumn with some proposals for discussion which we hope will address a lot of the issues raised in this and other threads.

In the meantime, if you like the new kit, we very much hope you buy it. If you don't, then of course you have the choice not to.

For information:

Each year the release of the new kit attracts comments both for and against. The 'lemon peel' shirt of two years ago came in for a lot of criticism from some quarters, yet ended up as our biggest selling away shirt ever. Last years 'star trek' shirt was also not universally liked, yet sold very well, particularly taking into account what a poor season we had and the difficult financial times we all had to face.

As part of our kit deal with Adidas our choices are restricted to the available templates. We also have to order up to a year in advance, to make sure kit is available in the right quantities. So this year's kit was indeed chosen quite some time ago.

Since then, we have set up the Fans Parliament, and embarked on a policy of wider fan engagement and consultation. This means that in future, decisions on kit will be taken in a much more inclusive way.

This is the last year of our current deal with Adidas, which gives us an ideal opportunity to make sure that in the future we get as many supporters as possible involved in how a new kit might look.

We've already started having internal conversations about this. We'll be coming back to fans in the autumn with some proposals for discussion which we hope will address a lot of the issues raised in this and other threads.

In the meantime, if you like the new kit, we very much hope you buy it. If you don't, then of course you have the choice not to.

Anything from adidas would sell. Kevin Smith a few others have templates not a template each season. You choose to not allow fans to see those designs. You choose not to a year In advance. How do yo choose them? Given poll here what feedback is if you took from fans? What's fans did you consult? exactly the same things were said a year ago and you chose adopt the same if don't like it tough shit attitude.

You started a thread on the gulf between fans a and club. loads of responses Your shirt is that gap. On another site the mods and admin and posters are noting city are still not answering emails.some fans clearly have no faith in this vision off the park.

Edited by Red Knowle

As previously mentioned, the home shirt looks ridiculous with the armbands but I really don't understand why some are getting so wound up about it. Yes, its crap - say so and then don't buy it.

As for not including fans, DaveL's post has confirmed what others (including me) have said - limited choice that had to be made months ago, and next season will be different with no Adidas contract and supporters being involved in the design (best of luck with that one Dave). I hope we can have a local independent supplier so we can have a kit which is orgininal to City.

I don't like the shirt - its awful, but its just a shirt at the end of the day and it wouldn't surprise me if they sold well as this forum is not a barometer of general opinion despite what some may think. I know plenty of people who think forums are for people who are not wired up properly and can't find a voice in the real world, they're wrong but its no wonder they think that way given the ott response to a football kit (amongst other things) on here.

Love the away shirt mind..

who would be your local sport company?

For information:

So why choose bog roll on the arms?

For information:

Interesting points there Dave and thanks for posting.

As Red Knowle points out it seems all the more strange how 'listening to fans' as stated by Kevin Smith was really worth putting out there in the public domain given that the decision was made a year ago. I assume that means soundings were taken from said supporters at that time and asked to keep quiet then? If that is the case all well and good, although it depends on how many were asked, but until the club confirms how that process took place it does seem a tad disingenuous for Mr. Smith to come out and make such a remark.

I'd far rather the club says now they chose the kit believing it to be the best choice without trying to wrap it up as a fans choice one which, with all due respect, it is clearly not.

Nobody is denying the club are trying their level best but frankly, on this topic, they have rather messed it up and it could have been so easily avoided.

Anyway, they say any publicity is good publicity so I hope the club sells a few more of these shirts to swell the coffers.