IGNORED

Why not back to basics and 4-4-2

MC RISK77

While I admire cotts for persisting with the formation that led us to have the best season arguably we have ever had statistically, we all agree on one thing and that it is not working at this level.

i realise 4-4-2 is now a little outdated but desperate times need a different plan and looking at what players we have is it not an option for us.

fielding

ayling baker Flint williams

bennett smith pack bryan

wilbraham kodjia

that team has strength through its spine with two commanding centre backs with protection either side. Two wingers who are better going forward than back so won't be so exposed. Smith and pack look our best option in midfield. And with two out and out wingers which could help wilbs out more at this level and not mean our strikers look so isolated.

that team also has more of a physical presence. 

Cotts needs to try something different and maybe there are better systems to get the most out of what we have at the moment but I can't think of any.

anybody else have an idea of what would work best for us?

9 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Baker is suspended next game.  Other than that I would say Joe Bryan is out of form. Im not sure yesterday either goal was due to the formation.

I know baker is suspended mate but Moore for the next game, this was just an ideal team.

joe is out of form but think relinquishing his defensive responsibilities could release the pressure on him 

41 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

While I admire cotts for persisting with the formation that led us to have the best season arguably we have ever had statistically, we all agree on one thing and that it is not working at this level.

i realise 4-4-2 is now a little outdated but desperate times need a different plan and looking at what players we have is it not an option for us.

fielding

ayling baker Flint williams

bennett smith pack bryan

wilbraham kodjia

that team has strength through its spine with two commanding centre backs with protection either side. Two wingers who are better going forward than back so won't be so exposed. Smith and pack look our best option in midfield. And with two out and out wingers which could help wilbs out more at this level and not mean our strikers look so isolated.

that team also has more of a physical presence. 

Cotts needs to try something different and maybe there are better systems to get the most out of what we have at the moment but I can't think of any.

anybody else have an idea of what would work best for us?

That's the team and formation I would like to see, don't think SC will do it though.

Id like to see something like this, but its very unlikely that will happen              

Fielding

Ayling    Flint    Moore    Williams

Smith    Pack

Bennett    Freeman    Bryan

Kodjia

7 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Fielding

Smith    Pack

Kodjia

This is exactly the team I would pick.

I would pick Baker over Moore, but presumably you are referring to the next game specifically.

3 hours ago, smokey live said:

Fielding

Smith    Pack

Kodjia

I'd put  Little in at right back when he's fit, and then replace Pack with Ayling to really shore up the midfield. And to be honest I think I'd probably give Bobby Reid a go and drop Freeman for a bit. 

But the formation is good. 

I think if we switch to a back 4, I would prefer to see Moore and Baker as the two centre backs (appreciate not an option for the next game). Moore looked assured on Saturday and with experience of playing in this league. Agree with Bryan as LB, but I would play Pack, otherwise I think we're too small a team. 

Archived