IGNORED

Carlisle footballers to assist floods victims

Never to the dark side

Keith Curle was being interviewed on Radio 4 this morning. When asked who they'd like to get in the 3rd round Keith said Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool away.

The interviewer said "oh away... thinking about the money?". To which KC answered... " no, it's because you can't see the top of our goals posts at the moment!!" 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

also Hughie McIlmoyle statue is located on Warwick Road.

Before any one says who?

Bristol City 1966 untill he left in 1968

and ask your Parents why he left

SORRY

ask your Grand Parents

Interesting.

HM used to be a favourite of mine at the time; a scraggy centre forward with a great header.

Are you able to mention why he left, or is it confidential, possibly defamatory?

1 minute ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

If Carlisle play route one, the conditions should suit them.

On a serious note, so sad for such a stunning part of the country. I hope the good folk of Cumbria get all the help they deserve.

Uncle TFR

Didn't the government drop 100 Mil on flood defences a couple of years ago?

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

If Carlisle play route one, the conditions should suit them.

On a serious note, so sad for such a stunning part of the country. I hope the good folk of Cumbria get all the help they deserve.

Uncle TFR

Me too. The poor sods have only just finished rebuilding after the last lot. It must make you despair.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

1967 wasn't it ?

Strangely Wikipedia has him down as leaving us in 68 but joining Carlisle in 67? I remember him coming back and the crowd chanting "Mcilmoyle needs crutches" not sure if that was in reference to his age or something else?

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Strangely Wikipedia has him down as leaving us in 68 but joining Carlisle in 67? I remember him coming back and the crowd chanting "Mcilmoyle needs crutches" not sure if that was in reference to his age or something else?

He left after Ford was sacked and before AD arrived, I'm sure ,circa Sept 67

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

He left after Ford was sacked and before AD arrived, I'm sure ,circa Sept 67

Yes that's right.

Hugh McIlmoyle only joined in March 1967,playing in 12 games and scoring twice until the end of that season.

Fred Ford was sacked early the following season on September 19th 1967 after a run of 4 defeats , HM was sold shortly after and he had played 8 times scoring twice that season.

AD came in and and signed John Galley in December 1967 to replace him.

When I checked I was surprised he only played 20 times and only scored 4 goals - thinking back I thought it was more but a great header of the ball with a huge leap.

I don't know why he left but he was the archetypal journeyman footballer and played for all these teams

1955–1960 Port Glasgow 101 (88)
1960–1962 Leicester City 20 (5)
1962–1963 Rotherham United 12 (4)
1962–1965 Carlisle United 77 (44)
1964–1967 Wolverhampton Wanderers 90 (35)
1966–1968 Bristol City 20 (4)
1967–1970 Carlisle United 79 (30)
1969–1971 Middlesbrough 70 (19)
1971–1973 Preston North End 60 (10)
1973–1974 Greenock Morton 28 (8)
1974–1975 Carlisle United 18 (2)
1975–1976 Greenock Morton 7 (1)
Total   582

(250)

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

Yes that's right.

Hugh McIlmoyle only joined in March 1967,playing in 12 games and scoring twice until the end of that season.

Fred Ford was sacked early the following season on September 19th 1967 after a run of 4 defeats , HM was sold shortly after and he had played 8 times scoring twice that season.

I don't know why he left but he was the archetypal journeyman footballer and played for all these teams

There were, er.... rumours about ,shall we say,non trouser containment   ALLEGEDLY !

Archived