IGNORED

Did Baker get sent off on purpose ?

Major Isewater

It seems bizarre that everyone says that Baker is an experienced Pro so i just wonder did he want to get sent off ?

i don't know why he would but if he is playing with an injury ,for example , and does n't want to aggravate it or go against the manager ...

Am i wide of the mark or does anyone else think it's possible ?

Just now, Major Isewater said:

It seems bizarre that everyone says that Baker is an experienced Pro so i just wonder did he want to get sent off ?

i don't know why he would but if he is playing with an injury ,for example , and does n't want to aggravate it or go against the manager ...

Am i wide of the mark or does anyone else think it's possible ?

Put the bottle down, and put your hands on your head.

Keep them where we can see them.

:dunno:

Uncle TFR

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

That is outrageous. Pro footballers getting themselves sent off. That only happens the week before Christmas.

So he wants to spend Xmas in BIRMINGHAM, does he??

:punish:

THINK before posting.

:disapointed2se:

Uncle TFR

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Premier League players get sent off every week, and they're professional. Do they all do it on purpose? He could easily have just been hot-headed.

Think you're stirring here mate.

Im just interested to have the opinions of those who were at the Gate Saturday .

It strikes me as a bit strange that with all that went on with him in the first half that he allowed himself to get in a position of danger regarding his opponent.

Call it stirring if you will but i'd prefer to have thousands of replies from witnessess to the match that the guy was definately not looking to get sent off .

He seems to me that there is something about his temperament that is a bit weak, going to the ground at Cardiff leaving a player clear on goal, coming off at half time at Rotherham because he was I'll in the dressing room, allowing the Blackburn players to get him sent off on Saturday, am I being a bit harsh?  Other than that I do think he's a great addition to the team 

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

He seems to me that there is something about his temperament that is a bit weak, going to the ground at Cardiff leaving a player clear on goal, coming off at half time at Rotherham because he was I'll in the dressing room, allowing the Blackburn players to get him sent off on Saturday, am I being a bit harsh?  Other than that I do think he's a great addition to the team 

Slightly harsh but no doubt he played without a brain on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Im just interested to have the opinions of those who were at the Gate Saturday .

It strikes me as a bit strange that with all that went on with him in the first half that he allowed himself to get in a position of danger regarding his opponent.

Call it stirring if you will but i'd prefer to have thousands of replies from witnessess to the match that the guy was definately not looking to get sent off .

Well, if he was trying to stay on, he was going an odd way about it. The first one, right in front of me, was as idiotic a piece of defending as I've seen at the Gate, and I've seen a few :( He could, maybe should, have been off before half time for another bad challenge.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Has Horace gone for 'the big sleep yet', Aizoon?

Uncle TFR

He's tempted given our form this season and, frankly, so am I. Difficult to find enough leaves to make a hibernaculum when you're over six foot though :(

There is another thread already running on the subject of the sending-off where several of us have commented. Posters here might want to check that out, if they haven't already done so, and I don't want to re-type what I've said there, but would just add that I think the idea that Baker wanted to get red-carded is frankly pretty ridiculous, unless it was merely said frivolously, in which case I apologise for the sense of humour malfunction. Baker simply got sent off for two reasons (1) persisting stupidly to make reckless challenges when he was on a yellow and had clearly been told by the ref he was on a final warning and (2) because his manager didn't have the sense to see the inevitable coming and withdraw him at half-time. It was the turning point in the match, it was all easily avoidable and it cost us the game. You don't need to look any further for hidden explanations. 

7 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Well, if he was trying to stay on, he was going an odd way about it. The first one, right in front of me, was as idiotic a piece of defending as I've seen at the Gate, and I've seen a few :( He could, maybe should, have been off before half time for another bad challenge.

It looked more like an assault on the replay,just to why after the warnings he had was at the best unprofessional.  

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

He's tempted given our form this season and, frankly, so am I. Difficult to find enough leaves to make a hibernaculum when you're over six foot though :(

He hibernates according to the form of BCFC, not the season / temperature.

He must be knackered - when was the last time he had a good hibernation?

Uncle TFR

P.S. Get a life.

A Villa supporting mate said to me that he tends to miss games around Xmas and his birthday (which is in April so it could quite easily coincide with Easter) thought he was joking at the time but after the weekend and going off at half time the week before he may have a point. I like Baker a lot he has certainly improved the team and is quality but I think he has started 12 games for us and has failed to finish something like a quarter of them. Which I believe is not something you want from your centrehalf. I know Cotts sub decisions quite be quite baffling but It may affect his decisions if he thinks Baker wont last the game.

28 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

He hibernates according to the form of BCFC, not the season / temperature.

He must be knackered - when was the last time he had a good hibernation?

Uncle TFR

P.S. Get a life.

Come on TFR Season of Goodwillie and all that, Horace means no malice, he's just a little chap trying to get on, it's bad enough having to support a crap team and having to live in Horfield.

Cut him some slack..xxx

Archived