Jump to content
IGNORED

Section 82 - QPR at home Small Display


BCFCS82

Recommended Posts

 

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I bet we all wish for the same tonight against derby don’t we!! Thanks for the hard work of @Forza Revolution he has been able to create a small display in tribute of the Ashton Gate Eight.

These are in the form of long hand painted banners of around 15metres each, which there will be two of. I have been asked to pass on the message that they are quite fragile, so if you are holding one could you please be a bit careful. This will be done for when the players come out.

As always, the selection of two poles and wavey flags will be prepared in the corner of the walkway please come and help yourselves to these. If you do grab one, please remember to drop them off afterwards. What was fantastic to see is a dad has got his son for his birthday a freeman two pole in the week, great effort and its really good to see.

In other news, the sticker club sellers will be around the ground and outside the Spanish bar. They have got the Panini style stickers, and also some magnets that would make great stocking fillers. Last chance before Christmas to get some, what have you got to lose!

If anyone is free at around 10ish on Saturday, and are passing Ashton Gate then any help would be happily welcomed. The more people that can help, the more flags that can be put out and in the end we could have the whole of the stand covered in city flags and banners!

On a lasting note, anyone who has twitter and not followed us yet its @section82bcfc   Any messages etc we can be messaged on otib, or on twitter.

Thanks guys and girls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of interest how much does it roughly cost for the flags, I know you make a bit of money out of the stickers but I'm sure plenty of others wouldn't mind putting a little donation in to help out, personally I'm not one to get up and wave the flags but really think it looks good and brings a lot to the atmosphere and have been really impressed with the effort being put into this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gordie said:

Out of interest how much does it roughly cost for the flags, I know you make a bit of money out of the stickers but I'm sure plenty of others wouldn't mind putting a little donation in to help out, personally I'm not one to get up and wave the flags but really think it looks good and brings a lot to the atmosphere and have been really impressed with the effort being put into this.

Hi Gordie,

It all depends what size you want etc, for the two poles and the poles for them, we ordered ultrashop. They are based in poland, for 11 two poles and the poles it came to about £120.

For normal standard flags to tie up, its about £50 for a 5ft by 3ft, going up to say £120 for a 10ft by 6ft, the waveys are about the same price due to their size. Then you need to get the poles to use  them also.

Its appears that people dont mind fronting the money etc, either their own or through the sale of stickers but its mainly for this to be a "collection" for everyone to use. We really have no fuss at all for anyone coming and grabbing flags, infact we want to see more of it, giving ideas etc. If more people could help out, even if its putting the flags up and down etc then i feel the whole thing could really get going.

Thanks for your interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I am one of the guys behind The 1884 Group, a group similar to yourselves at Derby. 

Just wanted to say it's good to see more groups springing up trying to impact on atmosphere at games in the FL.

We will have our flags against you tonight, but we just had a big display against Brighton on Saturday, you can see it here - https://youtu.be/jINzD9_TC4U

Good luck with your efforts and hopefully BCFC will be as supportive of them as DCFC have been of ours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BCFCS82 said:

Hi Gordie,

It all depends what size you want etc, for the two poles and the poles for them, we ordered ultrashop. They are based in poland, for 11 two poles and the poles it came to about £120.

For normal standard flags to tie up, its about £50 for a 5ft by 3ft, going up to say £120 for a 10ft by 6ft, the waveys are about the same price due to their size. Then you need to get the poles to use  them also.

Its appears that people dont mind fronting the money etc, either their own or through the sale of stickers but its mainly for this to be a "collection" for everyone to use. We really have no fuss at all for anyone coming and grabbing flags, infact we want to see more of it, giving ideas etc. If more people could help out, even if its putting the flags up and down etc then i feel the whole thing could really get going.

Thanks for your interest.

Are they really based in Poland? Can't work out if it's a wooosh or not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Hi

I am one of the guys behind The 1884 Group, a group similar to yourselves at Derby. 

Just wanted to say it's good to see more groups springing up trying to impact on atmosphere at games in the FL.

We will have our flags against you tonight, but we just had a big display against Brighton on Saturday, you can see it here - https://youtu.be/jINzD9_TC4U

Good luck with your efforts and hopefully BCFC will be as supportive of them as DCFC have been of ours!

Hi there 

Thanks for the post, out of interest how much assistance is given by the club for something big like that? Did the supply any flags, stewards to put them out etc?

I would wish you good luck for tonight but we really want the 3 points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BCFCS82 said:

Hi there 

Thanks for the post, out of interest how much assistance is given by the club for something big like that? Did the supply any flags, stewards to put them out etc?

I would wish you good luck for tonight but we really want the 3 points

We started off the season raising funds from fans, then buying, building, putting out and collecting flags all ourselves.

Since then our chairman (local businessman, Derby fan) has been really appreciative and decided to sort out the financial side himself, which has obviously been massive. As a result we plan, spread the message and co-ordinate everything, with the club SLO arranging purchase of flags, streamers, or whatever we decide on.

We put everything out and get volunteers in, but stewards are helping post-match in terms of asking people to leave flags. The club also puts out the message via social media, PA announcer and big screen asking people to leave them. We have raised about £3k from fan donations, with the chairman putting the rest in. It is all still fan-funded- we're just very lucky that one Derby fan owns the club and is extremely wealthy and supportive of what we're doing!

If you want to discuss anything else, feel free to email 1884group@gmail.com. Roy Moore at Watford was really helpful in giving advice when we were starting out, happy to help others if I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's threads like this that make me really enjoy this forum and proud of my club.

Whilst I have my views on the club, manager, players, etc and appreciate others are entitled to their opinions, I'd rather look to the future at how we can improve the whole experience for the average watching fan.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd like for us to concentrate on supporting the efforts of those making section82 what is quickly becoming the success it deserves.

Regardless of how things have been going this season on or off the pitch I think we as a group of fans (especially in the atyeo) can be proud of our efforts.

The club, manager and players need us more than ever now so irrespective of who the manager is, who's in goal, who the likely scapegoat is, etc let's raise the 'positive' vocal levels of support throughout the ground to another level this Saturday.

Keep up the good work bcfcs82 and all that contribute to making this average watching fans experience a good one on a matchday!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roll up, roll up, get your Christmas presents sorted! A quick bump prior to Saturdays game.

I have been checking some of the panini style stickers and i think they are great, hopefully they will end up pumping more of these out!

Magnets are decent quality too. Have a look, you might like it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

It's threads like this that make me really enjoy this forum and proud of my club.

Whilst I have my views on the club, manager, players, etc and appreciate others are entitled to their opinions, I'd rather look to the future at how we can improve the whole experience for the average watching fan.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd like for us to concentrate on supporting the efforts of those making section82 what is quickly becoming the success it deserves.

Regardless of how things have been going this season on or off the pitch I think we as a group of fans (especially in the atyeo) can be proud of our efforts.

The club, manager and players need us more than ever now so irrespective of who the manager is, who's in goal, who the likely scapegoat is, etc let's raise the 'positive' vocal levels of support throughout the ground to another level this Saturday.

Keep up the good work bcfcs82 and all that contribute to making this average watching fans experience a good one on a matchday!

100% mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Section82,the new East End.

Hi NotBlue,

Interesting comment, but just wanted to say that no, we are not wanting Section82 to be the new East End.

This is a new movement and we want to create a new identity.  As much as I know that what the EE lads were trying to accomplish was genuine, for some reason there were a growing number of fellow supporters who found things were a little divisive.  With the re-fit and the shifting of fans to differing parts of the ground, this is a great opportunity to begin again and create something new.  The East End is no more, and great though it was, we have to bear the reality that it is now part of our history.

The lads involved in Section82 are coming from all walks of life and from all parts of the previous ground.  We have old East End chaps like myself, but there are ex-Dolmanites, previous-Atyeo go-ers, and former-Williams season ticket holders too.  This is now a true coming-together of various fan groups and we are trying to create one joined-up initiative.

There are no ego's, no pre-requisites, no holier-than-thou's etc etc.  We all have one shared vision - to make Ashton Gate a vibrant, colourful, fervent, passionate and above all FUN place to be.  Yes, we are housing ourselves in the Atyeo corner at the moment, but we are just beginning to grow and get traction.  We want everyone to feel inclusive in this, and we are not out to antagonise or belittle any other supporters.  We want everyone to be able to join in, sing songs, wave flags, get involved.  If you've got any idea's send them through on twitter @section82bcfc or email us on Section-82@outlook.com

Help fund more flags, banners, displays etc with your purchasing of stickers from our Section82 Sticker Club.  Thanks to everyone for your incredible support this year so far - we've been amazed with the sales and we've got plenty up our sleeves for future matches through your contributions.

It's all early days, so bear with us on a lot of things, but please get behind us, and help get behind the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

  This is now a true coming-together of various fan groups and we are trying to create one joined-up initiative.

.

At present fans in the Dolman are not allowed to display flags. Good work in the Atyeo, but that statement is a little uneven.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, WTMS said:

At present fans in the Dolman are not allowed to display flags. Good work in the Atyeo, but that statement is a little uneven.

Yes, I'll grant you that one WTMS.  I know how hard you are pushing for things to happen in the Dolman, and I believe it'll come.  This is just the beginning of something new and I'm sure if we are seen as a success from BS's point of view, that we can leverage that acceptance and finally help you achieve what you want to achieve (I know how long and winding the road has been for you so far, but stick with it - you shall overcome).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Yes, I'll grant you that one ..

To have joined up initiatives, there has to be a shared narrative from fans. Attempt to form one. At a recent meeting it was pointed out that method statements and risk assessments were being asked for to display flags in the Dolman that earlier mentioned vision was not shared.

Good work in the Atyeo but a joined attitude would be "Not only the Atyeo!" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

To have joined up initiatives, there has to be a shared narrative from fans. Attempt to form one. At a recent meeting it was pointed out that method statements and risk assessments were being asked for to display flags in the Dolman that earlier mentioned vision was not shared.

Good work in the Atyeo but a joined attitude would be "Not only the Atyeo!" 

Exactly.  It isn't only the Atyeo.  That's why we are "trying to create a joined-up initiative".  We are far from there at the moment, and right now, the seeds are being planted in the Atyeo, but of course we need that to spread.  I want your idea's to be a success, and I want everyone who possibly can to help you to achieve that.  The road is still long and winding mate, but we can do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry said:

 

.    Exactly.  It isn't only the Atyeo  That's why we are "trying to create a joined-up initiative".

At present it is, and will continue to be so if you do not communicate more freely in the manner of others [CH..].

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15 December 2015 at 10:52, BCFCS82 said:

 

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I bet we all wish for the same tonight against derby don’t we!! Thanks for the hard work of @Forza Revolution he has been able to create a small display in tribute of the Ashton Gate Eight.

These are in the form of long hand painted banners of around 15metres each, which there will be two of. I have been asked to pass on the message that they are quite fragile, so if you are holding one could you please be a bit careful. This will be done for when the players come out.

As always, the selection of two poles and wavey flags will be prepared in the corner of the walkway please come and help yourselves to these. If you do grab one, please remember to drop them off afterwards. What was fantastic to see is a dad has got his son for his birthday a freeman two pole in the week, great effort and its really good to see.

In other news, the sticker club sellers will be around the ground and outside the Spanish bar. They have got the Panini style stickers, and also some magnets that would make great stocking fillers. Last chance before Christmas to get some, what have you got to lose!

If anyone is free at around 10ish on Saturday, and are passing Ashton Gate then any help would be happily welcomed. The more people that can help, the more flags that can be put out and in the end we could have the whole of the stand covered in city flags and banners!

On a lasting note, anyone who has twitter and not followed us yet its @section82bcfc   Any messages etc we can be messaged on otib, or on twitter.

Thanks guys and girls.

Bump

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...