IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Live on Radio Bristol - soon !

The Red Planet

8 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere before, but SL will be interviewed by Twentypence at 1.15 Pm today.

As I said before in a prev thread, I believe the whole of the RB coverage is coming from AG, so Twentypence will be there interviewing him, can't wait to hear what he has to say about the current situation.

1 minute ago, redfred said:

Can anyone elaborate on what was said?

SC hasn't put a list of players for January before him yet, he's expecting one any day.

Scouting network set up abroad, we're actively looking to recruit from Spain, France etc..

The question of SC's position at the club hasn't even entered his head, his record speaks for itself.

We could afford every player we went after in the Summer, we could match Gayle's wages for example.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

SC hasn't put a list of players for January before him yet, he's expecting one any day.

Scouting network set up abroad, we're actively looking to recruit from Spain, France etc..

The question of SC's position at the club hasn't even entered his head, his record speaks for itself.

We could afford every player we went after in the Summer, we could match Gayle's wages for example.

I missed this bit, is that what he said?

Said we couldn't get summer signings across the line. Not because we couldn't afford the salaries but the players only wanted to drop into the Championship to clubs they felt were going to challenge fro promotion.

SC had the backing of the board and will continue to have. Its not like we are cut off adrift of anyone and every game he has seen all the team are giving 100%.

Will purchase in January if player are available

Want promotion next season to the Premiership. 

Thank you Sir Steve for your backing of this great club

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Thanks Noggers.

So did he explain why last summer's transfer dealings were such a shambles?

Did he also give his version of why these players we could apparently afford all went elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Many thanks, NtB

Super duper and exactly what i thought he would say; now, if anyone can troll through any threads I have made that contradict that statement i am ready with my cricket bat.

And I am sure others will add to this...but those that have castigated the club for a, words to the effect, 'shambolic close season transfer window' might think a little more before criticising with such vigour short of any meaningful facts or reasons.

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm pretty sure he referred to Gayle, yes.

Perhaps someone else can confirm?

He said they didn't get as far as discussing wages but knew what he was on at Palace was affordable.

Gray was never gonna come here as he felt Burnley had more chance of promotion.

We wasted time chasing players that didn't want to come here he confirmed. But didn't say it was due to wages - but could have been down to offering less to their agents ( but I think he said who knows at that point).

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

No I do not think I came out with that one.

I did predict we would finish 2nd this season though lorra larfs!!

You and me both mate, I have stupidly put four different bets of promotion this year, but its not over till Ireen sings eh.

Always belive.

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

He said they didn't get as far as discussing wages but knew what he was on at Palace was affordable.

So we would pay 22 k a week ??????? NOT A HOPE I AM AFRAID

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks Noggers.

So did he explain why last summer's transfer dealings were such a shambles?

Did he also give his version of why these players we could apparently afford all went elsewhere?

SL was a little less direct in answering that one, and though pressed by GT, I'm not sure I came to a full enough understanding to precis his answer on here. 

Rather than possibly get it wrong, I'll leave that one to someone else if that's OK, I've got to get off to AG.

P.S. Q2 -  rockinrobin has answered that above.

Archived