IGNORED

A Creator, A Poacher & A Shot Stopper

cottsciderarmy

I think it's glaringly obvious that without competition for Frankie, a creative midfielder and a natural goalscorer in January we might struggle to stay up.

My concern is Cotts loyalty to Freeman and Wilbs, when we need to bring in the right faces who will only come if they are first on the team sheet.

Today was a game that wasn't Cotts fault, but we threw away 2 points.

There is only so many times you can do this in a season and we're doing it far too often. With the likes of Preston, Bolton and co getting hammered today, we threw away a solid opportunity to put some vital points on the board. Charlton in my opinion were one of the poorest I've seen but our failure to get the job done was worrying today.

Without the right faces in Janaury we could be in trouble.

I like Cotts but I would feel far more confident with Pearson, Warnock or Ramsey looking for the said players in January than Cotts.

1 minute ago, cottsciderarmy said:

I think it's glaringly obvious that without competition for Frankie, a creative midfielder and a natural goalscorer in January we might struggle to stay up.

My concern is Cotts loyalty to Freeman and Wilbs, when we need to bring in the right faces who will only come if they are first on the team sheet.

There is only so many times you can do this in a season and we're doing it far too often. With the likes of Preston, Bolton and co getting hammered today, we threw away a solid opportunity to put some vital points on the board. Charlton in my opinion were one of the poorest I've seen but our failure to get the job done was worrying today.

I like Cotts but I would feel far more confident with Pearson, Warnock or Ramsey looking for the said players in January than Cotts.

Ramsey as in Chris Ramsey?!?

The loyalty to Wilbraham stretches only so far as there isn't much else to choose from. And he wasn't a passenger today, although his finishing was woeful.

Thought Freeman was decent today personally, as was Fielding.

We do clearly need to strengthen in January though and Cotterill is no stranger to that, from what he says and does you can tell.

I just hope we do.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Ramsey as in Chris Ramsey?!?

Yes, he was a very well respected coach, remember he was Tottenham's academy manager when we got the likes of Rose and Caulker and he was the guy who noticed Harry Kane. He then went on to be Sherwood's number 2 at Tottenham. QPR he assisted Harry who speaks highly of him, and to be fair the QPR job carried far too much expectation. Ramsey has a serious coaching background and was a good defender and you only have to look at the quality he brought through the ranks at Tottenham, to see he has an exceptional eye for talent. He also has a number of big links in the industry having worked as part of the England set up and at 3 well established Premier League clubs.

Kevin Keegan also regarded his as influential in helping him with the England set up and said he was one of the best scouts he ever knew, and he practically provided him details of all the players who should be wearing the shirt.

Chris Ramsey will be a success as a manager, we could do a hell of a lot worse, and his CV is certainly that of someone who could make a top class manager and he already has the big links and has worked at the highest level as a coach and given how good an eye for youth he has and also how he was part of the England scouting set up, I don't doubt he would easily be able to unearth a lot of gems and with his history in the England set up, he would attract good quality youngsters on loan or permanent moves.

9 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Even if we sign those three we might struggle to stay up.

If you seriously meant Chris Ramsey that might actually be the most laughable thing that is posted on here tonight...

4 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Yes, he was a very well respected coach, remember he was Tottenham's academy manager when we got the likes of Rose and Caulker and he was the guy who noticed Harry Kane. He then went on to be Sherwood's number 2 at Tottenham. QPR he assisted Harry who speaks highly of him, and to be fair the QPR job carried far too much expectation. Ramsey has a serious coaching background and was a good defender and you only have to look at the quality he brought through the ranks at Tottenham, to see he has an exceptional eye for talent. He also has a number of big links in the industry having worked as part of the England set up and at 3 well established Premier League clubs.

Kevin Keegan also regarded his as influential in helping him with the England set up and said he was one of the best scouts he ever knew, and he practically provided him details of all the players who should be wearing the shirt.

Chris Ramsey will be a success as a manager, we could do a hell of a lot worse, and his CV is certainly that of someone who could make a top class manager and he already has the big links and has worked at the highest level as a coach and given how good an eye for youth he has and also how he was part of the England scouting set up, I don't doubt he would easily be able to unearth a lot of gems and with his history in the England set up, he would attract good quality youngsters on loan or permanent moves.

Interesting, thanks; didn't know any of that. Just a bit of a left field suggestion but that's an interesting insight.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Even if we sign those three we might struggle to stay up.

If you seriously meant Chris Ramsey that might actually be the most laughable thing that is posted on here tonight...

Why ? Have you seen Ramsey's pedigree ? He is also one of our own ?

Laughable, scout for England, has the highest level of coaching badges , was assistant to a European qualifying team, coached the England U-20 set up, regarded as one of the best youth coaches in the business, regarded by Harry Redknapp as one of the best coaches and scouts he's worked with, echoed by Kevin Keegan. 

Lansdown wants to build a team for the future around youth and buying players with selling value to enhance the club as a business, Ramsey would tick one hell of a lot of boxes. There is much more to him than a short stint in charge of QPR where he faced a near impossible situation.

8 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Laughable, scout for England, has the highest level of coaching badges , was assistant to a European qualifying team, coached the England U-20 set up, regarded as one of the best youth coaches in the business, regarded by Harry Redknapp as one of the best coaches and scouts he's worked with, echoed by Kevin Keegan. 

Lansdown wants to build a team for the future around youth and buying players with selling value to enhance the club as a business, Ramsey would tick one hell of a lot of boxes. There is much more to him than a short stint in charge of QPR where he faced a near impossible situation.

He looked completely out of his depth at QPR from day one, he may be a good coach (I've no idea either way) but as a manager he looked hopeless.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He looked completely out of his depth at QPR from day one, he may be a good coach (I've no idea either way) but as a manager he looked hopeless.

Out of his depth or not actually in control of his squad, QPR told him who to sign and who to play, he was a puppet. Had he been left to his own devices they would have done a lot better than they did under him. He was merely the man on the sheet of paper, it was never gonna work for him there.

8 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Out of his depth or not actually in control of his squad, QPR told him who to sign and who to play, he was a puppet. Had he been left to his own devices they would have done a lot better than they did under him. He was merely the man on the sheet of paper, it was never gonna work for him there.

COACH / Manager

Two differing skill sets to a major degree

Dozens of God coaches / No 2s that would never make a good manager and to a large degree the same in reverse

Wouldnt list England scout / advising Keegan in England era as a great plus personally

2 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Ramsey was ok in '66 but i'm not sure now .

2 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Without the rigdht faces in Janaury we could be in trouble.

Bang on you have taken the words out of my mouth...facing facts can be painful,and this really hurts..get it wrong in January and we are down..................forget the happy clappers.its reality time.Charlton were dire at this standard,and we couldn't with the best efforts of the players and in the main dominance, secure the points.you won't get easier routes to three points than this but yet again we shoot ourselves in the foot.....its time to take a hard look at ourselves..

4 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Who will want to join our sinking ship. It is fine to say what we want but what we can get is a whole different question

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

COACH / Manager

Dozens of God coaches / No 2s that would never make a good manager and to a large degree the same in reverse

Wouldnt list England scout / advising Keegan in England era as a great plus personally

Pearson for me, experience, good knowledge of player database and has taken a shit league one team with a similar I've stadium and taken to them the prem.

Makes too much sense.........

9 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Taking a tilt.....?....if a change were made it has to be proven.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

COACH / Manager

Was/is God a coach???.....thinking about it I suppose your right.

14 hours ago, cottsciderarmy said:

"He's one of our own?"

is is this a whoosh moment for me? 

Are we honestly considering managers on this basis ?

Mariusz Stepinski would be an excellent addition. Only 20 years old and has represented his country (Poland) now at every level. He has 11 goals in 19 league matches this year in the top flight for Ruch Chorzow. Great finisher with his right, left and head. Although he is no push over and no slouch, most of his goals come from being in the right place at the right time. Could be worth a further look.

42 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Mariusz Stepinski would be an excellent addition. Only 20 years old and has represented his country (Poland) now at every level. He has 11 goals in 19 league matches this year in the top flight for Ruch Chorzow. Great finisher with his right, left and head. Although he is no push over and no slouch, most of his goals come from being in the right place at the right time. Could be worth a further look.

Now that is a great shout.

On 12/26/2015 at 19:37, cottsciderarmy said:

Ideally - all three qualities in one player.

Going to be expensive.

Uncle TFR

Archived