IGNORED

10 wins required. Where will they come?

Terace

Don't see any point in trying to pick out games. We've seen already this season that there is very little predictability in which games we will win. We've beaten the side currently top of the table, plus a couple of fairly decent mid-table teams, plus Huddersfield - but got smashed by Rotherham in 21st and Fulham who are now 19th.

The manager of villa said the same thing. They need 10 wins from remaining games to stay up.

It's a tough ask, but we must have full faith it can be done. Don't give in until it's mathematically impossible. We wouldn't accept / expect the players to give up hope, why should we??

Not sure why, in the second half of the season, we'd consistently win at teams we've failed to beat at home! 

Without trying to pick out specific games though, 10 wins in the first half of the season required the form of Ipswich, Brentford or Birmingham. 8 wins, Cardiff, Wolves or Reading. 

Realistically we would need something dramatic to change in Jan personnel wise, or a significant change in form/ fortune, and while I recognise, and hope, that either is possible the evidence at the moment is going in the opposite direction.

our form is getting worse, we can't even beat a very average QPR side or a shockingly poor Charlton side at home, and SL says that he hasn't yet had a list of targets from SC. And, as has been said many times on here, Jan is not the time to be picking up great players, least of all if you're an unfashionable club in the relegation zone. 

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

The manager of villa said the same thing. They need 10 wins from remaining games to stay up.

It's a tough ask, but we must have full faith it can be done. Don't give in until it's mathematically impossible. We wouldn't accept / expect the players to give up hope, why should we??

Villa will be lucky to get 10 corners.

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not sure why, in the second half of the season, we'd consistently win at teams we've failed to beat at home! 

Without trying to pick out specific games though, 10 wins in the first half of the season required the form of Ipswich, Brentford or Birmingham. 8 wins, Cardiff, Wolves or Reading. 

Realistically we would need something dramatic to change in Jan personnel wise, or a significant change in form/ fortune, and while I recognise, and hope, that either is possible the evidence at the moment is going in the opposite direction.

our form is getting worse, we can't even beat a very average QPR side or a shockingly poor Charlton side at home, and SL says that he hasn't yet had a list of targets from SC. And, as has been said many times on here, Jan is not the time to be picking up great players, least of all if you're an unfashionable club in the relegation zone. 

That was about 10 days ago wasn't it? I would imagine he's had that list by now.

I think we need 7 wins, plus a few draws.

Doable, but only if the club have been proactive to ensure the new blood we desperately need arrives as early as possible in the window.

I think 10 is asking quite a bit. Also think it's not needed. I know what you mean though. 30 points would see us comfortably stay up most likely. 

I think we don't need quite so many but we need to get 3 points in our second goes against the ones around us. 7 wins and 4 draws I think could be enough if we beat the 4 of the bottom 5 around us. Beat Preston, Charlton, MK, Bolton, and Rotherham. Very doable and will be needed. Then get 2 more against mid table teams. Reading for example hasn't been on fire. Would be a good start to the new year. Then beat a Fulham or Forest. Then draw with Wolves, QPR, SW, and Birmingham. That would be 25 putting us in the mid 40s. Could be enough but should be if we beat those 5 lower teams. 

Tbf, there are many teams looking beatable at the moment. Other than Derby, Burnley(done with them tho) and Boro are the only teams truly flying at the moment. We've seen we can compete with Hull, Brighton and Cardiff. Got some bad luck against Brentford(looking much better now tho tbf) and Birmingham. SW looks a task but maybe can get a point at home. Leeds, Forest, Huddersfield, Wolves and Fulham all very underwhelming. It's very doable and we have seen we are capable of good football against anyone on our day. We need to focus and have more good days. The squad was done very few favors in the summer and the task was/is tough. This squad CAN do it but any help would be welcome. Hopefully extend Bennett and Moore. Let Cox go back. Robinson too if he wants to cut it short as there is sometimes a January option for that. Then try to buy or loan in some actual striker and CM reinforcements. Not asking a lot. Two new faces to pick the lads up a bit and get them going. 

Archived