IGNORED

NEW signing sacked after SIX HOURS !

phantom

• Admin

This has to be some record for getting to the top of the tree then to come crashing down so quickly !!

Barcelona Cancel Sergi Guardiola's Contract Just Six Hours After Signing Due to Offensive Tweets

They say you should always check your social media profiles whenever you apply for a job, as prudent employers are more than likely to check you out however they can. Sergi Guardiola learned that lesson the hard way after his contract with Barcelona was cancelled just six hours after signing it.

The issue the La Liga giants took with the Barcelona B signing was with anti-Catalonia messages found posted on his Twitter from 2013.

"Up Madrid and f**** Catalonia," one read.

Another took aim at four time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.

"I wouldn't put Messi in my team, he stops the others from playing," said Guardiola on Twitter.

The 24-year-old has since denied tweeting the damning messages and apologized for the entire ordeal.

“I apologise to Barca and to Catalonia,” he said according to Goal.com“It is a mis-understanding. I didn’t write [the tweets], it was in 2013 and I didn’t even know they existed.

“It was put on my profile, but it wasn’t me. I ask for forgiveness a thousand times - I have learned a difficult lesson.”

Guardiola also clarified that he holds no grudges against Barcelona, insisting it was his dream to play for the Catalan side.

“Barça have behaved really well with me,” he added. “I understand their decision. I wouldn’t be capable of putting something like that, though.

“Once you become a professional, you support the team that plays the best football, which is Barca.

“I’m from Mallorca, I’m not anti-Catalan or anti-anything. My dream was to play for Barca, now it’s broken.”

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

This has to be some record for getting to the top of the tree then to come crashing down so quickly !!

Barcelona Cancel Sergi Guardiola's Contract Just Six Hours After Signing Due to Offensive Tweets

They say you should always check your social media profiles whenever you apply for a job, as prudent employers are more than likely to check you out however they can. Sergi Guardiola learned that lesson the hard way after his contract with Barcelona was cancelled just six hours after signing it.

The issue the La Liga giants took with the Barcelona B signing was with anti-Catalonia messages found posted on his Twitter from 2013.

"Up Madrid and ***** Catalonia," one read.

Another took aim at four time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.

"I wouldn't put Messi in my team, he stops the others from playing," said Guardiola on Twitter.

The 24-year-old has since denied tweeting the damning messages and apologized for the entire ordeal.

“I apologise to Barca and to Catalonia,” he said according to Goal.com. “It is a mis-understanding. I didn’t write [the tweets], it was in 2013 and I didn’t even know they existed.

“It was put on my profile, but it wasn’t me. I ask for forgiveness a thousand times - I have learned a difficult lesson.”

Guardiola also clarified that he holds no grudges against Barcelona, insisting it was his dream to play for the Catalan side.

“Barça have behaved really well with me,” he added. “I understand their decision. I wouldn’t be capable of putting something like that, though.

“Once you become a professional, you support the team that plays the best football, which is Barca.

“I’m from Mallorca, I’m not anti-Catalan or anti-anything. My dream was to play for Barca, now it’s broken.”

Certainly makes me think we should have had a testimonial for Ryan Fredericks .

19 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a big deal there, having spent lots of time in Barcelona it really means a lot to people the idea of Catalan identity and independence. He'd never be accepted there after that.

True but Barcelona are second only to Liverpool in their sanctimonious self righteousness and self-pitying sensitivity, the lad could probably have said something a lot tamer about Catalonia or even Messi and still got the boot.

It's an interesting concept though, social media history ruling you out of certain clubs. I think it's probably too late for me to become a footballer, but just in case, for the avoidance of doubt Bristol Rovers are a bunch of clowns.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn't Joey Barton once tweet, as a QPR player, something along the lines of "we might not be very good but at least we don't live in a shitehole like Burnley!" 

OK, but since when has telling the truth been a crime?!

Uncle TFR

Archived