IGNORED

Kodjia

cottsciderarmy

Seems rather strange. The biggest criticism of him here is he isn't a natural goal scorer. If he's poor in the Championship he's unlikely to be successful in a struggling Premiership team. Unless, of course, Remi Garde sees him playing in a slightly different position - wide man in a front three. 

3 minutes ago, RedJim said:

No it wouldn't, Agbonlahor is rubbish and 3.5 million for Kodjia would be robbery in the current market. 

Plus the small matter of Agbonlahor's £60k a week (£3m a year) wages, too...

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Seems rather strange. The biggest criticism of him here is he isn't a natural goal scorer. If he's poor in the Championship he's unlikely to be successful in a struggling Premiership team. Unless, of course, Remi Garde sees him playing in a slightly different position - wide man in a front three. 

Garde would know all about him, he is preparing for life in the championship and to be fair to Kodjia playing with far better players would always make a big difference.

Sinclair or Kuzac?.

Just now, Woodsy said:

Blimey, I wonder if Jimmy plays the lottery? Sinking City, or rock bottom, as good as down before Christmas Villa

Not much of a choice, is it?

If he signed for Villa, at least it would mean at least one of our current players would be guaranteed Championship football next season.... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, RedJim said:

No it wouldn't, Agbonlahor is rubbish and 3.5 million for Kodjia would be robbery in the current market. 

Would it? Basically we'd make 1.5m in profit from 5 months. He's not the best of finishers. He's not home grown. He's almost 27 so he's only going to get so much better. I love the guy and want us to hold on to him or hold out for as much as possible but if he wanted to leave 3.5m would be fair IMO. Blackman who has scored more goals just went to Derby for 1.5m. Sure he's out of contract soon but how much does 2 years add on to a fee? 

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plus the small matter of Agbonlahor's £60k a week (£3m a year) wages, too...

Think it was a suggestion of Agbonlahor on loan for the rest of the year with Villa paying. Probably unrealistic but worth an ask? 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Garde would know all about him, he is preparing for life in the championship and to be fair to Kodjia playing with far better players would always make a big difference.

Sinclair or Kuzac?.

I'd take Kozak on loan. He wants out and would give him some games to showcase himself. Was linked with Celtic in the summer 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Would it? Basically we'd make 1.5m in profit from 5 months. He's not the best of finishers. He's not home grown. He's almost 27 so he's only going to get so much better. I love the guy and want us to hold on to him or hold out for as much as possible but if he wanted to leave 3.5m would be fair IMO. Blackman who has scored more goals just went to Derby for 1.5m. Sure he's out of contract soon but how much does 2 years add on to a fee? 

Agree with you to a degree on Kodjia but he's still bagged a good tally in a struggling team - I'd argue his worth to us is a lot higher than 3.5m as he's been the only decent source of goals this season.

I stand by the fact that Agbonlahor is completely past it now - he was always reliant on his pace and that's gone. I'd be hugely underwhelmed by him signing.

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Posted similar in transfer thread. Was a tweet from FL72 account that Villa were looking at him. Give us 3.5m and one of those out of favor strikers on loan paid in full by Villa and I'd talk at least. 

A fake account. Look closer - no tweets for months at a time.  Lots about Villa too.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

You wouldn't take a 29 year old who has scored 73 Premier League goals, as a relegation-threatened Championship club.

Ok then.

Of those 73 Premier League goals, how many has he scored in the past 4/5 seasons. He would have been a decent signing a few years back but he's past it now. Remember David James?

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think it was a suggestion of Agbonlahor on loan for the rest of the year with Villa paying. Probably unrealistic but worth an ask? 

I'd take Kozak on loan. He wants out and would give him some games to showcase himself. Was linked with Celtic in the summer 

I'll take Prozak until the end of the season .

1 minute ago, RedJim said:

Of those 73 Premier League goals, how many has he scored in the past 4/5 seasons. He would have been a decent signing a few years back but he's past it now. Remember David James?

He's not just lost his ability, and he's not past it, he's 29. No coincidence that when Villa played decent stuff he regularly got double figures. He even managed nine a few years ago in that God awful side. To suggest he isn't good enough for the Championship is pretty ridiculous.

Not that we'll have to worry about it, since we'll not be signing him anyway.

Archived