IGNORED

Fair play to the fans... Mr Lansdown?

SimplyRed

I rarely post these days, nor do I get to the ground much any more since I gave up my season ticket, but I take my hat off to City's fans, particularly at a time when the club is desperately fighting relegation this season.

It would have been (and has been) easy to slag off the manager and stop attending when results started going sour, but no the fans have continued to support the club in their thousands, home and away.  The away sellout at the Baggies and the home sellout for 'Boro is testament to that.

The Club has a core of supporters to be proud of, and they owe them a debt of gratitude.  The owner has been unusually quiet this season and I call on him to step forward and make an announcement of his commitment to keep the Club in this league. If ever we needed his vocal support and financial clout to improve and inspire the team it is now...

Well done!

:clap::worship2:

I think you are absolutely right, make a statement, address the fans at the Preston game. Anything to show there is some solidarity there and fight and not just SC saying so.

The club may never be massive like others but a club to be proud of and fans that give their all.

Nothing of significance happens within our club with out the nod from our owner. During his recent visit to Bristol he spoke at several events including at the Senior Reds and reassured us that he  remains committed to the club. 

However his mouthpiece Jon Lansdown explained how difficult it is to attract players with the required quality to strengthen the squad  - which is partly why the summer transfers were negligible.  He said that throwing money at the squad without said quality was not an option. 

I've posted before saying that last summers difficulties will be even more so this window. I fear for our newly found Championship status is seriously under threat without signing better players.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nothing of significance happens within our club with out the nod from our owner. During his recent visit to Bristol he spoke at several events including at the Senior Reds and reassured us that he  remains committed to the club. 

However his mouthpiece Jon Lansdown explained how difficult it is to attract players with the required quality to strengthen the squad  - which is partly why the summer transfers were negligible.  He said that throwing money at the squad without said quality was not an option. 

I've posted before saying that last summers difficulties will be even more so this window. I fear for our newly found Championship status is seriously under threat without signing better players.

I agree in principal, but I still believe we don't use Europe enough to bring in young foreign players. Admittedly, players in the UK are picky because the leagues are fat with money and they can afford to be choosy, but there are plenty of youngsters playing in Europe who would jump at the chance to make their names in English football.  We desperately need some continental scouts - this is a useful area for Mr Lansdown to invest some money.

Archived