IGNORED

Yet another late goal conceded

Robbored

Without too much effort I can think of very 4 late goals ending up up in City's net within the last few games.

Bad luck? Lack of concentration? tiredness or just coincidence? 

Must be causing concern for Cotterill but not being a football manager I've got no idea how he might tackle the issue.

Today it was a mixture of nerves knowing it was long to hold out for again, plus also having O'Leary in goal who didn't look that confident and I reckon (although haven't seen replies as on way back from game now) Fielding may of got a hand to both goals. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Today it was a mixture of nerves knowing it was long to hold out for again, plus also having O'Leary in goal who didn't look that confident and I reckon (although haven't seen replies as on way back from game now) Fielding may of got a hand to both goals. 

No chance fielding would've done any better with the 1st, last couldn't see but just looked like a shot from 6/7 yards away so again not much chance with it

2 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

I agree, we've had all week - premiership or not, someone didn't do their job and someone deserves an arse kicking

Will wait until I see it. Just sounded like a Hail Mary from them with everyone in our box. Lets give them credit for how they played!

For all those struggling to comprehend Cotts' reluctance to bring his subs on most weeks - or, probably more likely, his reluctance to remove Wilbs from the game - expect more baffling non-substitutions in future!

The fact that Wilbs was on the bench and they scored, from a dead ball lobbed into our box, will linger longer in the dark corners of Cotts' mind than the other fact that Wes and KA came on and combined to put us 2:1 up. I reckon.

18 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The fact that Wilbs was on the bench and they scored, from a dead ball lobbed into our box, will linger longer in the dark corners of Cotts' mind than the other fact that Wes and KA came on and combined to put us 2:1 up. I reckon.

He pretty much said this in his post match.

Stevo

31 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

For all those struggling to comprehend Cotts' reluctance to bring his subs on most weeks - or, probably more likely, his reluctance to remove Wilbs from the game - expect more baffling non-substitutions in future!

cotts certainly mentioned this in his post match interview. The fact one of our main headers wasnt on the pitch at the end. That said we wouldn't have been in the position we were if he stayed on.

3 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

cotts certainly mentioned this in his post match interview. The fact one of our main headers wasnt on the pitch at the end. That said we wouldn't have been in the position we were if he stayed on.

Never wrong is he.

So it would have been 1-1 with us facing the free kick.

Much to take credit from today. Unlike some games late on, did not actually sound like we were hanging on in the last ten, which may have been due in part to the fresh legs. Fussy ref who blows for full time after 4 min et and its all different. Just one of those things today in the end.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Without too much effort I can think of very 4 late goals ending up up in City's net within the last few games.

Bad luck? Lack of concentration? tiredness or just coincidence? 

Must be causing concern for Cotterill but not being a football manager I've got no idea how he might tackle the issue.

You and I are old enough to know sometimes inexplicable things like this occur in football, especially when you are in our position where everything appears to be conspiring against us.

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Not just this season, been a City trend for many years.

Yep... City always go to pot in the last few minutes. Traditional now. In fact, when I flicked on Final Score and saw we were 2-1 up, I shouted to Mr Peg about how we'll let one in. 

Gotta be honest, I think I'm a bit of a Jonah with City and looking at the scores. But then again, I can completely forget City are playing and they play appallingly anyway so six of one etc... however, I've only ever seen City lose live once and that was in Danny Wilson's day against Brighton in the play off final. Reckon I should go down the Gate more often!

Its because we always spend the last part of the game in our own half rather than taking the game to our opponents. That's ok if your 3 or 4 up but when games are tight, as lots of ours have been this season, its just handing the other team the initiative. We end up with our attackers trying to defend which, if they could do, they would be defenders not attackers. How many points have we lost in the last 10 minutes of matches this season?

My main concern is that because we're now on a run of conceding late goals players & fans alike will get nervous when we are hanging on and opposing teams will smell blood. It felt like that in GJ's last season when it seemed like everyone just expected us to concede in the 90-something minute. Fear must be a big factor.

1 minute ago, Offside said:

My main concern is that because we're now on a run of conceding late goals players & fans alike will get nervous when we are hanging on and opposing teams will smell blood. It felt like that in GJ's last season when it seemed like everyone just expected us to concede in the 90-something minute. Fear must be a big factor.

Its very clear how we drop back 10 yards after we score or as the game nears the end. That's not fear, its tactics..and they don't work!

Archived