IGNORED

We are the worst team in the league at...

Throw ins. 

I may be guilty of finding the last possible thing to be critical of...

Now I'm not saying we should be scoring from throw ins or having a Delap-esque long throw, but it would be nice for once to actually retain possession from a throw in! The number of times we lose possession from the simplest 'set piece(?)' in every game is horrific. And I'm not just having a go at our taking of throw ins, we also don't seem to bother marking players for the opposition's throw ins!

And with the amount of long balls we play, there are A LOT of throw ins over the 90 minutes.

Really grinds my gears.

2 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Throw ins. 

I may be guilty of finding the last possible thing to be critical of...

Now I'm not saying we should be scoring from throw ins or having a Delap-esque long throw, but it would be nice for once to actually retain possession from a throw in! The number of times we lose possession from the simplest 'set piece(?)' in every game is horrific. And I'm not just having a go at our taking of throw ins, we also don't seem to bother marking players for the opposition's throw ins!

And with the amount of long balls we play, there are A LOT of throw ins over the 90 minutes.

Really grinds my gears.

Everything becomes harder when you're on a winless run like we are. Everything. From keeping possession at throw ins, to signing better players, to keeping your cool with irate fans.

Archived