IGNORED

According to ITV West Country Cotts sacked by phone

Charliesboots

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

From ITV journalist on Twitter, SC sacked by phone last night. 

Not even given the courtesy of a face to face meeting?

Don't accept any excuse for that. 

image.png

If that is true then its gutless and disgusting , no class , hang your heads in shame the board of BCFC .

Hang on a second, we don't know what's gone on for this to happen.  Why do we always have to turn everything into a massive issue? Its like loose women on here!! 

Thanks for the memories Cotts, lets all move on now as we'll be singing the new managers name in a few days anyway. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pathetic. A far cry from that dignified joint press conference with SL and GJ a few years back.

I'm wondering if relations in general had become rather less than dignified.  The fact he was sacked after the pre-match press conference suggests either that the board had someone lined up who'd just said "yes" (which so far doesn't seem to be the case) or SC's role became untenable over the course of yesterday afternoon...

Not good sacking someone by phone whatever happened.

Speechless, if this is indeed correct. 

Regardless of his performance this season he deserved better when being dismissed. 

Fear by the board it would turn out nasty? Or agreed and amicable hence the phone call to confirm and tie up and loose (£) ends?

I really hope it was discussed prior to the phone call but not holding my breath. 

2 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Why so much negative speculation? No-one really knows do they?  Why not give the Board etc the benefit of the doubt?

g.JPG

indeed.  I do wonder if certain posters have decided to be Cotterill fans first and foremost with the club itself a poor second.  That said, sacking someone by phone is pretty dreadful practice unless there is a damn good reason for it. 

According to this EP story last night the decision was made at a Board meeting on Wednesday:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Bristol-City-sack-manager-Steve/story-28530862-detail/story.html?

Which, if true, begs the question why he was doing media interviews yesterday and how news of his departure was posted on here before it was on any official club outlet.

If anyone deserved a dignified exit it was the one manager in my lifetime who actually secured us a league title.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

According to this EP story last night the decision was made at a Board meeting on Wednesday:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Bristol-City-sack-manager-Steve/story-28530862-detail/story.html?

Which, if true, begs the question why he was doing media interviews yesterday and how news of his departure was posted on here before it was on any official club outlet.

If anyone deserved a dignified exit it was the one manager in my lifetime who actually secured us a league title.

Absolutely, which is why most people will believe the phone sacking story, because it makes sense and as that doyen of justice Judge Judy says 'if it makes sense, it's probably true', what more evidence is needed?.

4 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Why so much negative speculation? No-one really knows do they?  Why not give the Board etc the benefit of the doubt?

g.JPG

Not negative speculation a discussion point raised on a forum fuelled by a report from a Journalist at ITV Westcountry. 

I want the best for our club like you and everyone else on here. 

Were trying to portray this grown up corporate image of brand "Bristol Sport" when what appears to be the case is the opposite. 

If we want to be treated and respected by the big boys and all that goes with it then there's got to be a bit more class shown or we continue to free wheel. 

Archived