IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Yes the last 12 games of Cotterills tenure were impressive weren't they.... He had to go, not Pembos fault really is it?! He's just doing the best he can

and I am now believing with some of the 'rumours' flying around that SC wasn't entirely to blame, so who does that leave?.

The biggest mistake was not sounding a replacement out before firing SC, that is amateur hour IMO.

• Like 2

Well it's more of the same. Listened on the Leeds link posted earlier(thank you by the way) and they weren't too impressed with Leeds either. They also noted we had failed to score in 7 of our last 8 away matches(now 8 of 9). Sounded like Kodjia was lively but he can't do it on his own. They stated as much that he's got something about him but has the look of a frustrated player and he should be. We've wasted a season and wasted a good player. We will make money on him in the summer but not nearly as much as we could have of we had added some quality around him. I don't think many are frustrated just because we are poor. Think we are frustrated because we are poor and it's still as if we are ok. Not many convincing reinforcements. Sounded as if Gladwin was poor. They scored with a new CB on the pitch(have no clue if it mattered but all there is to go on). Kodjia is asked to do everything to score. Didn't even need a bunch of talent in every spot. Leeds bought Dallas and he's a constant threat. Didn't sound as if they had one on the other side. Not a surprising result and you can magnify a mistake by Ayling but you have to look at the midfield because they don't create or score and they often lose the ball making it harder for the defense. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

and I am now believing with some of the 'rumours' flying around that SC wasn't entirely to blame, so who does that leave?.

The biggest mistake was not sounding a replacement out before firing SC, that is amateur hour IMO.

Obviously... but SC should shoulder the blame for the on field problems.

Like I said before, SC should've gone after the Derby game. It would've given the board time to appoint someone, for that man to assess the squad and make the relevant changes. My opinion of course.

Monumental cock up from the SL/board and as you quite rightly say amateur hour all round.

19 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Leeds sounded dreadful and we still couldn't beat them. We sounded very poor in the 2nd half.

We need a Manager and we need him VERY quickly or we are heading straight back down.

If we don't get a new manager soon, we will be back down. 

Then I think we should approach a manager with a proven record of getting promoted from league 1, some like Steve Cotterill?

1 minute ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Music to your ears isn't it !!

Sorry you've totally lost me with that one.

I have no problem with SC's sacking, but I feel with what is becoming apparent now that it should have been done much earlier and replacement lined up in the interim.

I think it's pathetic to be honest, I think SL has got this totally wrong, it is obvious now that there was friction between the 2 of them but it was allowed to continue, the argument from many was players wouldn't sign because of SC, so what exactly can the excuse be now he's gone?.

5 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Obviously... but SC should shoulder the blame for the on field problems.

Like I said before, SC should've gone after the Derby game. It would've given the board time to appoint someone, for that man to assess the squad and make the relevant changes. My opinion of course.

Monumental cock up from the SL/board and as you quite rightly say amateur hour all round.

Only when we know exactly why our summer recruiting went so badly and who was to blame for that disaster and why subsequent targets turned us down and continue to turn us down, SC has gone and players are still turning us down.

The Colourless Chameleon  that is Bristol City?………One Great season squandered by failing to prepare and plan ahead, whoever it is/they are, they are culpable of badly letting down a very loyal support……..I wonder if Lansdown ever plans ahead in his multi million pound business?  I would guess he does.  Well now the powers that sold season tickets on the back of leading us into the cherished championship,,,,,need to pull out they're f……ing finger, stop prevaricating and go in with some large bids for players that the selling clubs cannot turn down, and pay some wages that are large enough to  convince players to join.   They failed to prepare, and now need to pay the price to save this club from what is slowly becoming inevitable relegation

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes but you would have also read that Williams is shit at left back so we had to drop him

I read a lot on here, much of which I don't necessarily believe.

I'm not entirely sure that the above comment falls within that category though.

GC over DW any day of the week for me,  but he's gone and was on a 3-1 defeat today, so what do I know!

I fear that even though there are some dreadful teams in this league we are worse because we are too naïve . We are getting done by more intelligent ,street wise teams and desperately need an experienced campaigner tp pull the strings and a finisher .

Today ,same old scene , defensive errors and lack of finishing  meaning  we come away point less again .

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

It sounded like its getting more and more likely that  Kodjia will never pass the ball to a teammate ever!!

I know our midfield never score but have they stopped making runs into the box when he has the ball?

He probably no longer trusts them to do anything with it…………and who can blame him?  Mon Dieu!!

35 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Successful businesses always do risk management and have contingency plans. It was obvious that Cotts was losing the plot for months, so any sensible board should have had plans in place for a replacement, should he be sacked. "Sensible" obviously doesn't apply to the City board   

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Successful businesses always do risk management and have contingency plans. It was obvious that Cotts was losing the plot for months, so any sensible board should have had plans in place for a replacement, should he be sacked. "Sensible" obviously doesn't apply to the City board   

The board were split on sacking Cotts in November , who prevailed ?