IGNORED

Fleetwood town v Blackpool

djb6162

Please now BC are safe would you say a little prayer for fleetwood tomorrow.

a fantastic football club who have treated wes like one of their own this last 3 months.

a win and they will be as good as safe, a defeat and it goes to the wire.

on pure football, god only knows how they are anywhere near relegation.

i sympathise with blackpool, but  Fleetwood is a fairy tale club who deserve to survive.

survival and this club could be premier league in the next five years such are the facilities and the backing.

real roy of the rovers stuff.

an inspiration to all clubs

What a game, you could not script this !,,,!

Pleased to have seen Wes do so well and hope he comes back and breaks through properly next season. Think he just needs to 'find his strongest position'. Don't mean literally, as I'm sure he knows it but needs the manager to find it and have some faith in him.

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just seen on Sky that Walsall v Fleetwood is live at 12 on bank holiday Monday, the 2nd. #watchwes

Got to beat going to the garden centre with the missus hasn`t it?

Not if she shows you a nicely trimmed bush.

7 hours ago, Super said:

People seem to be forgetting that stupidly.

For us to lose and MK to win as a double is 6/1. I think it shows how relatively safe we are. I'm with you though. I won't say we are safe until they drop a point or we gain one. I'm hoping for 3 today however so we can jump up a few spots

7 hours ago, Super said:

True.

That said; I'm more skeptical of MK Dons pulling out three wins than anything else. 

Could very well see us losing today, only to be bailed out by Brentford.

Back on topic; good luck to Wes today and for the remainder of the season - am delighted he got another year, and what with him doing everything in his power to show that given time on the pitch he can score and influence games at Fleetwood, my hope is he returns to play a bigger role here next year.

9 hours ago, Super said:

Stupidly.....????

dont you think its more stupid to assume they will go down ???

Honestly get a grip

fleetwood.... Now thats what i call not safe mate

3 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Stupidly.....????

dont you think its more stupid to assume they will go down ???

Honestly get a grip

fleetwood.... Now thats what i call not safe mate

Of course it is unlikely, but we are not yet safe are we is the point I am making or don't you understand? 

On 23 April 2016 at 12:35, Super said:

Of course it is unlikely, but we are not yet safe are we is the point I am making or don't you understand? 

And i was refering to your unfortunate OTT adjective used to describe those who think we BC are safe as "stupid"

of course you now know we werent as stupid as you may have thought !!

do you understand ?

4 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

And i was refering to your unfortunate OTT adjective used to describe those who think we BC are safe as "stupid"

do you understand ?

Don't bother @djb6162 

Good luck to Wes and Fleetwood for the next two. We all have our fingers crossed even Super I suspect!

How did it go yesterday djb6162 - some atmosphere I imagine? Have Fleetwood nearly done enough do you think? Looking at it, they couldn`t afford to lose yesterday and didn`t so all good.

Looking forward to seeing your boy live on Sky next Monday v Walsall - hopefully Blackpool lose on Saturday and Fleetwood win to get themselves safe.:fingerscrossed:

17 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

do you understand ?

We weren't safe at the time was all I was saying! Is it really that difficult to understand? Deary me.

50 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

How did it go yesterday djb6162 - some atmosphere I imagine? Have Fleetwood nearly done enough do you think? Looking at it, they couldn`t afford to lose yesterday and didn`t so all good.

Looking forward to seeing your boy live on Sky next Monday v Walsall - hopefully Blackpool lose on Saturday and Fleetwood win to get themselves safe.:fingerscrossed:

So Fleetwood were dominant first half without being able to score, which pretty much sums up large parts of their season i guess.

second half was more even.

it was absolutely vital not to lose though, but the maths are becoming clear

4 points from an away game at Walsall and home game against crewe and they are definitely safe due to the GD.

By the time they play Walsall live on sky next Monday, they will know if thats still the case, but that the minimum required at this stage.

blackpool play Wigan in an early kick off next saturday, they must win that game as Doncaster play crewe, a game they  surely will win in their current form.

if both sides fail or indeed lose those games, then Fleetwood could become safe live on sky next week.

Doncaster have 45 pts

Blackpool    46 pts

Fleetwood 48 points 

personally i think this is destined to go down to the final game where a packed house against Crewe hopefully will deliver 3 points and survival.

4 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

So Fleetwood were dominant first half without being able to score, which pretty much sums up large parts of their season i guess.

second half was more even.

it was absolutely vital not to lose though, but the maths are becoming clear

4 points from an away game at Walsall and home game against crewe and they are definitely safe due to the GD.

By the time they play Walsall live on sky next Monday, they will know if thats still the case, but that the minimum required at this stage.

blackpool play Wigan in an early kick off next saturday, they must win that game as Doncaster play crewe, a game they  surely will win in their current form.

if both sides fail or indeed lose those games, then Fleetwood could become safe live on sky next week.

Doncaster have 45 pts

Blackpool    46 pts

Fleetwood 48 points 

personally i think this is destined to go down to the final game where a packed house against Crewe hopefully will deliver 3 points and survival.

Thanks for that DJB. If nothing else, Wes is learning how to deal with pressure situations!

Blackpool just got hammered by Wigan so Fleetwood really only need a point from two games to stay up with their GD 15 better.

They can get that on Monday away at Walsall live on Sky at 12 noon.

Be great to see Wes get the goal(s) that keep them up and lets face it, watching it`s better than going shopping with the wife and kids surely. #goWes

33 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Blackpool just got hammered by Wigan so Fleetwood really only need a point from two games to stay up with their GD 15 better.

Be great to see Wes get the goal(s) that keep them up and lets face it, watching it`s better than going shopping with the wife and kids surely. #goWes

To stay ahead of Blackpool that looks right. I am sure they will also be hoping Doncater drop points today as they are still in the mix. Either way, a win v Walsall should pretty much do it.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Unfortunately wes has tweaked his hamstring in training yetserday and will not feature Monday

being assessed by both fleetwood and BC, but the concensus is that its just not worth the risk not even next weekend, although that decsion is yet to be made.

todays results have lessened the blow for wes ,and now a point from either of their two games will definately keep them up.

that was the brief back in Feb, and im just so pleased for Fleetwood if they can pull it off on Monday i for one will be delighted.

the gaffa has been fantastic with him, and he has really enjoyed his spell at the club.

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Unfortunately wes has tweaked his hamstring in training yetserday and will not feature Monday

being assessed by both fleetwood and BC, but the concensus is that its just not worth the risk not even next weekend, although that decsion is yet to be made.

todays results have lessened the blow for wes ,and now a point from either of their two games will definately keep them up.

that was the brief back in Feb, and im just so pleased for Fleetwood if they can pull it off on Monday i for one will be delighted.

the gaffa has been fantastic with him, and he has really enjoyed his spell at the club.

That is a real shame. Walsall will be far from easy, but in the box seat now. Been great to follow them and see how well Wes has been doing. 

7 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Yes that is a shame, was looking forward to watching him on Sky. Still, as you say, not worth risking any long term damage.

I guess he will be at Fleetwood next Saturday v Crewe though? From what I hear from their fans they`ve loved having him there and he`s made a real difference and if they do stay up I`m sure he`ll get a great reaction.

Hopefully he`ll be back with us and raring to go v Villa in August!

12 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

unfortunately not going fleetwoods way at the moment........3-1 down!

Always going to be difficult today against a high flying Walsall.

Need a point from their last game. It is the one they would have chosen, home to Crewe, and they only need that if Blackpool win at Peterborough. I am sure they would have liked to have got it done today, but still strong favoriates to stay up.

Archived