IGNORED

Thunderclap before free kicks

Thatwasclose

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I kind of like it but can see why some don`t. The main thing is, I think he likes it and that`s all that really matters.

It's fine , anything that adds to the atmosphere , I know it's not original , but the songbook of our 'singing section ' is about as poor as it gets 

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

It's fine , anything that adds to the atmosphere , I know it's not original , but the songbook of our 'singing section ' is about as poor as it gets 

My view really and at least we are doing it because we have an Icelandic player and not just because everyone else is.

33 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

It's ok by me and adds to the atmosphere and there are no words to learn so everyone can join in

After the Euro's I cringed at the thought of every club taking this on. 

However, since we actually signed an Icelandic international, I kind of liked the impulsive clap as it spread round the ground. So, it appeared, did Magners, so I think it's all good and a bit of fun. 

I thought it was impressive the first time it was done, the second time (I think when he actually took the free kick) only about 1 in 10 people put there hands above there head and they just clapped so it was more like a hospital clap. If we're going to do it we have to do it properly or not at all.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Cringey imo, leave it to the Icelandics.

Was it not Motherwell fans who created it? Apparently the icelandics took it from them after a europa league qualifier with one of their teams. If thats the case i would rather we not copy the scotts!

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was it not Motherwell fans who created it? Apparently the icelandics took it from them after a europa league qualifier with one of their teams. If thats the case i would rather we not copy the scotts!

Even worse then!

56 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

It was the most out of time and un-choreographed clap I'd ever seen/heard, the Icelandic version sounds good, this was just a lot of random clapping :facepalm:

That is what I thought too but it built up the nervous tension until Tomlin hit the ball into the back of the net so long may it continue if the result is the same :-)

Sounded cringe when we heard he was signing to do it.

Spread quite spontaneously on Saturday which I thought was good and then again at the start of injury time when hordur was trying to gee up the ground.

ayteo and dolman a b doing the clapwhen he was saluting the crowd post game, seemed to enjoy it 'worshipped' the crowd and patted the badge. 

Said at the time for players like him and Tammy it must be great, come from big clubs where your not really known by your supporters yet to here where your efforts are being appreciated week in week out, must be exciting for them to learn what football can really be about apart from just doing something you love each day and the money and lifestyle it affords 

3 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I swore over the summer that I wouldn't join in if we tried to do it....  several ciders on Saturday and I was clapping along (out of time) with the rest of the stadium. 

Alcohol makes many a decisions, most of them bad, but hell, it fooled the keeper, we got another goal, dont complain mate!

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

All I do know is that its realllllly going to annoy Tomlin if it carries on :yes:

Maybe we could all slap our bellies for the next Tomlin free-kick, then he won't feel ignored.

Should get the Dolman wobbling. :chant6ez:

9 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Nah its good why moan about something that's a bit of a niche thing to be able to do and unique since we have a outfield Icelandic player which only a few Champ clubs have

That's like saying we should all raise our right arm at 45 degrees if we have a Neo-Nazi in the squad.

imo.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's like saying we should all raise our right arm at 45 degrees if we have a Neo-Nazi in the squad.

imo.

Then you your thought process are seriously flawed... just the kind of flaw that would have you succumb to dark influences causing you to perform Neo-Nazi salutes.....   imo

The point is, Magners likes it so why not do it? If it also helps to confuse an opposition keeper then that`s a bonus.

If doing it helps us get a goal then frankly I don`t care how `cringy` some people think it is - I`d sing a selection of Barry Manilow hits if I thought it would help us win games.

57 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The point is, Magners likes it so why not do it? If it also helps to confuse an opposition keeper then that`s a bonus.

If doing it helps us get a goal then frankly I don`t care how `cringy` some people think it is - I`d sing a selection of Barry Manilow hits if I thought it would help us win games.

Please, there are limits to which no self respecting person should not go.

I thought it was quite funny in an amusing sort of way, but we seemed to put him off during his free kick. Then minutes later we did it again, he and us caused confusion and it worked! I think it was nice for the crowd to acknowledge him though, where's the harm in that 

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

imo.

perhaps we could burst into a rendition of "Springtime for Hitler?" when the ref makes a mistake?

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

It certainly winds up Tomlin.....which is a good thing as he reacts positively by putting it in the net.

I've said on another thread that Tomlin should have all free kicks in and around the area with Magnusson having a go from 30/35 yards, but nothing wrong with both lining up to confuse the opposition.

Absolutely, it`s the right/left options that confuses the defence and keeper.

Feel for Tomlin a little as he was going to be our big signing and play-maker and hero .... our signings though have left him in small pack of talented players all who seem capable of grabbing the limelight. With the right attitude, and with his skills I think he could really shine in this team, but if he gets pertinent or wound up in not having all the praise, he might find it a tough season....

27 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Iceland performs ultimate 'Viking war chant', thr…:

How it should be done.

We definitely need a drummer now. Always used to find them really annoying, but if we could get anything this intimidating going, that would be awesome.

50 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Feel for Tomlin a little as he was going to be our big signing and play-maker and hero .... our signings though have left him in small pack of talented players all who seem capable of grabbing the limelight. With the right attitude, and with his skills I think he could really shine in this team, but if he gets pertinent or wound up in not having all the praise, he might find it a tough season....

But what was his alternative? He wouldn't have been 'Star Man' in many teams who could afford him ( or he would have considered). He looks like he had to leave Bournemouth and unlikely to get another Prem team where he would be the token star.

I do think though he seems to need to feel the love of the fans, so was glad for him when he did score as he looked really miffed when Tammy got 'his' goal just before.

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

But what was his alternative? He wouldn't have been 'Star Man' in many teams who could afford him ( or he would have considered). He looks like he had to leave Bournemouth and unlikely to get another Prem team where he would be the token star.

I do think though he seems to need to feel the love of the fans, so was glad for him when he did score as he looked really miffed when Tammy got 'his' goal just before.

Well with arguably the three toughest games out the way, I think there will be enough joy and good times for all the players to feed on... have a really good feeling this season, something that feels very alien to be to be honest in most of the years supporting our club.

Guest I am the mole
On 28 August 2016 at 21:27, Sleepy1968 said:

Can we finnish this now?

Some will treat it with total dis-Dane! 

:mf_sleep:

Archived