IGNORED

Pour Pints In Preparation For Half Time

Unan

Can anyone aim me in the direction of who to ask as to why pints aren't poured in preperation for half time? 

I have a ST in the Atyeo and there'll be 20 people all stood in the que waiting for the HT whistle to be called. Whilst they're all there, clearly waiting to be served, the two bar staff will just stand their aimlessly looking forward waiting for people to start ordering drinks and slowly pouring them.

Its been a problem for some time now but it's got to the stage where people will que at the start of HT and they literally will not be served until the second half kicks off.

Just pour some drinks in preparation, it's really easy, I've tried telling them but they don't understand basic time management. Suggestions anyone???

Edit: I forgot to mention, last game they ran out of Fosters AND Thatchers, how amateur.

15 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Can anyone aim me in the direction of who to ask as to why pints aren't poured in preperation for half time? 

I have a ST in the Atyeo and there'll be 20 people all stood in the que waiting for the HT whistle to be called. Whilst they're all there, clearly waiting to be served, the two bar staff will just stand their aimlessly looking forward waiting for people to start ordering drinks and slowly pouring them.

Its been a problem for some time now but it's got to the stage where people will que at the start of HT and they literally will not be served until the second half kicks off.

Just pour some drinks in preparation, it's really easy, I've tried telling them but they don't understand basic time management. Suggestions anyone???

Edit: I forgot to mention, last game they ran out of Fosters AND Thatchers, how amateur.

they are pre-poured in other parts of the ground, perhaps theres not the space to do that in the atyeo, and many pubs, clubs, bars run out its no amateur it just happens and can't be restocked until the next delivery, 

Have you never been to a a pub when the IPA has gone?

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they are pre-poured in other parts of the ground, perhaps theres not the space to do that in the atyeo, and many pubs, clubs, bars run out its no amateur it just happens and can't be restocked until the next delivery, 

Have you never been to a a pub when the IPA has gone?

There's enough room in the Atyeo, they only serve on one day every other week, that's pretty amateur imo.

31 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Pre poured everywhere else......must be the fact your in the cheap seats 

If they want to save time, then prior to half time they should be able to sell you a ticket for the cost of a pint.

They'll easily be able to record how many tickets they've sold and to pour the drinks in advance.

No wastage.

Cash free bar meaning no queue

More drinking time.

@Mkelly something to consider to keep Section82 refreshed?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

If they want to save time, then prior to half time they should be able to sell you a ticket for the cost of a pint.

They'll easily be able to record how many tickets they've sold and to pour the drinks in advance.

No wastage.

More drinking time.

@Mkelly something to coconsider to keep Section82 refreshed?

I like it! I like it a lot!

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No wastage.

More drinking time.

@Mkelly something to consider to keep Section82 refreshed?

You sir, are today's genius  :clapping:

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Happens at a lot of festivals and at the darts.

You queue to buy drink tokens and then exchange your token for a drink.

Cash free bar, drinks pre poured- bingo.

Didn't use your voucher? Tough.

They even did this at the pre season friendlie at Brislington last season.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Like the idea - BUT it assumedly means having to queue twice?

Once to pay for the tokens and another to swap said tokens for drinks?

Is there space to do this?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Like the idea - BUT it assumedly means having to queue twice?

Once to pay for the tokens and another to swap said tokens for drinks?

Is there space to do this?

No idea! It isn't a stand I use.

Would guess it's something that could be done on a mobile basis, people walk around selling half time draw tickets without too much trouble.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Maybe could someone drop a mogadon in mine??. ...  ... . ..   thanks

There's enough room in the Atyeo, they only serve on one day every other week, that's pretty amateur imo.

That's exactly why they do and should run out. 

They aren't going to put new barrels on, to go stale, when there is no game to cater for for the next 2 weeks. 

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't start getting people excited about drink or food vouchers, it'll end in tears!

As frustrating as it is I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the rugby game the previous night? 

12 hours to turn around a whole stadium for a 20k gate isn't a lot of time so I'm thinking maybe that was the problem?

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

As frustrating as it is I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the rugby game the previous night? 

12 hours to turn around a whole stadium for a 20k gate isn't a lot of time so I'm thinking maybe that was the problem?

I would say that a business should be able to be prepared enough for things like this, but remember going to Cardiff for cricket the day after Wales football played and the Spoons pub ran out of cider as they were understocked

Archived