Jump to content
IGNORED

You're not fit to wear OUR shirt..!


Bar BS3

Recommended Posts

Just for a bit of fun and not meant to slate any particular past players (apart from Ian Baird, tosser!)

Who was the worst performer for us, in contrast to what they achieved elsewhere..? 

For me, I think Richard Dryden takes the accolade. Woeful for City, before inexplicably going on to have a decent premier league career with Southampton. 

Maybe Sten John, who was always a good goal scorer but again, woeful in his time here, albeit at the tail end of his career. 

So, who was nowhere near good enough for City, yet went on to achieve well above..? 

Danny Rose maybe..? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If we're talking about good before, but awful here: Marcus Stewart?   David James?    Jody "party organiser" Morris?

I think crap here and good elsewhere is going to keep this thread much shorter..! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was going to say Bas Savage, but in fairness to the bloke he always tried. Just wasn't any bleedin' good.

 

I'd go for the Tony Dinning suggestion. Looked a world beater on loan, and a pub team player when his feet were under the table. Tosser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

Was going to say Bas Savage, but in fairness to the bloke he always tried. Just wasn't any bleedin' good.

 

I'd go for the Tony Dinning suggestion. Looked a world beater on loan, and a pub team player when his feet were under the table. Tosser.

What did Savage achieve elsewhere to make him a consideration?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Great to ordinary.......

Russell Osman.

I think his downfall was becoming our player/manager. His lowlight (not hair colouring) was when he headed in the winner only to receive a lot of booing!

From ordinary to great.....

David Rennie. ...he had an Indian summer at Coventry City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ray Atteveld and Steve Jones spring too mind.

Ashton Gate - Making great footballers turn shite overnight since 1894 :laugh:

Yep. When we sign a new player there must be someone who meets them at the entrance...

"Welcome to Ashton Gate, please leave your talent at the door, you can collect it when you leave"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

What did Savage achieve elsewhere to make him a consideration?

To be fair I missed the bit about what they'd achieved elsewhere...

Someone signed him to his first pro contract maybe? That must be some sort of an achievement for someone who trips over when through on goal....

 

 

:yawn:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

From Great to ordinary.......

Russell Osman.

I think his downfall was becoming our player/manager. His lowlight (not hair colouring) was when he headed in the winner only to receive a lot of booing!

From ordinary to great.....

David Rennie. ...he had an Indian summer at Coventry City.

He was good in Escape to Victory

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

From ordinary to great.....

David Rennie. ...he had an Indian summer at Coventry City.

I still, 20 odd years since, don't get why Rennie doesn't get the love he deserved. I thought he was decent, a danger at corners with the near post flick on. We could do with him now

Carl Hutchings is my nomination. He was always superb for Brentford against us, just never clicked for him here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...