IGNORED

Chris Martin - Derby / Fulham / Derby.

Tipps69

So his ongoing situation apparently continues.

On loan from Derby to Fulham but Derby wanted him back when McClaren took over again & he even refused to play for Fulham because he wanted to go back to Derby although his loan is for the season with no recall clause. So he did carry on playing for Fulham after missing a game or two but he has now signed a new contract with Derby & has stated that he can't wait to go back to Derby to make a success of his career!!

Where as Fulham have come out & said that this new contract has no affect on his time at Fulham & they look forward to him having a successful time with them & they even have the option to make his loan deal a permanent one!!

Could be interesting to see how this one pans out, I find it interesting that over here a player gets so much say so in any deal where as in the NFL (as an example) a player has no say so in where he goes, if a team agrees a trade then the player has to fulfill that obligation!! Could this be something that comes into our football?

• Admin

Is the Bosnan ruling a European directive, maybe once Brexit is done, we will have new employment laws regarding footballers contracts?  I doubt that it's high on the agenda, but I guess some clubs would like to see a player not being worthless at the end of his contract as happens now.

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Is the Bosnan ruling a European directive, maybe once Brexit is done, we will have new employment laws regarding footballers contracts?  I doubt that it's high on the agenda, but I guess some clubs would like to see a player not being worthless at the end of his contract as happens now.

I honestly have no idea but I would guess that there has to be something done regarding the power of a player / club / contract because at the moment a contract doesn't really seem to be worth the paper it's written on with players able to dictate when & who they play for regardless of having a contract with a club (Kodjia, Freeman & Martin to name a few).

Soon you would of thought the club has to take control of "club" matters?!?

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It was an employment law ruling Europe wide. Not sure Brexit will make that much difference

Do Derby want yo sell him to Fulham but are squeezing Fulham for more money as he has signed a new deal? Has he signed the deal as some sort of loyalty to Derby, and he's got his bases covered if Fulham don't come good? Seems a bit cake and eat it to me.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Do Derby want yo sell him to Fulham but are squeezing Fulham for more money as he has signed a new deal? Has he signed the deal as some sort of loyalty to Derby, and he's got his bases covered if Fulham don't come good? Seems a bit cake and eat it to me.

No, Derby / McClaren want him back (although they've signed David Nugent since all this started) but Fulham have paid a substantial amount for the loan for the season & clearly have an option to buy during this loan.

The question is obviously what happens to Martin in the meantime? Obviously he has 2 chances at promotion while also covering himself for the future. Part of the problem obviously came when Nigel Pearson took over at the start of the season & clearly didn't rate Martin so allowed him to leave but now McClaren is back in charge for a 2nd time he wants "his player" back. 

And the plot thickens........

Archived