IGNORED

Lansdown will get it right, we won't go down

reddogkev

Thinking about the whole situation and the current nightmare run of form, I am convinced that Stephen Lansdown will be deadly accurate with his timing.

He understands the situation, and the time left, better than anyone.

He is the person who stands to lose the most if City were, dreaded scenario, relegated this season.

I am 100% certain that if LJ stays - or goes - after this coming week, SL will be correct with his decision as he cannot risk relegation.

In the previous years we've been relegated, perhaps it was a necessary evil as the club needed to manage bad debt and rebuild in a slightly easier league, this time however, we are perfectly placed to develop in the Championship and have no financial problems.

At this moment, he is right to keep faith with Lee, as there is still ample season left for an experienced coach (not naming anyone) to manage this fine squad to safety.  I feel we will turn the corner and survive, with LJ still the man who changes our fortunes.  I can see a loss at home to Wednesday, but I expect us to win the crunch clash on Saturday.

Trust SL.  When it matters, don't forget to support the team above all else.

Please refer to my comment on another thread.  It matters not. I believe, in the grand scheme of things to BS whether City are in The Championship or division 1.

I have zero confidence in SL.  He has made poor choices for manager more times than I have had hot dinners, the BS set up hardly benefits City.  He fails to seek proper professional advice on almost every football decision.  He is fast becoming the Donald Trump of Bristol football

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Thinking about the whole situation and the current nightmare run of form, I am convinced that Stephen Lansdown will be deadly accurate with his timing.

He is the person who stands to lose the most if City were, dreaded scenario, relegated this season.

I am 100% certain that if LJ stays - or goes - after this coming week, SL will be correct with his decision as he cannot risk relegation.

In the previous years we've been relegated, perhaps it was a necessary evil as the club needed to manage bad debt and rebuild in a slightly easier league, this time however, we are perfectly placed to develop in the Championship and have no financial problems.

At this moment, he is right to keep faith with Lee, as there is still ample season left for an experienced coach (not naming anyone) to manage this fine squad to safety.  I feel we will turn the corner and survive, with LJ still the man who changes our fortunes.  I can see a loss at home to Wednesday, but I expect us to win the crunch clash on Saturday.

Will SL hold his nerve when we (most probably) drop into the bottom 3 in the next couple of weeks ? On paper March and April look far better fixture wise but could it be too late ? Very difficult choices for him.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Please refer to my comment on another thread.  It matters not in the grand scheme of things to BS whether City are in The Championship or division 1.

I have zero confidence in SL.  He has made poor choices for manager more times than I have had hot dinners, the BS set up hardly benefits City.  He fails to seek proper professional advice on almost every football decision.  He is fast becoming the Donal Trump of Bristol football

You constantly slag off SL . Be careful what you wish for misery guts. Would you rather have Vincent tan in charge or a asset stripping Chinese owner with no love for the club. You really haven't got a ******* clue. 

Why is the Rotherham game a 'crunch match'? you only get 3 points the same as every other game. We have to finish above three other teams, not just one. Are you saying that if we beat Rotherham but lose to Wednesday,Villa, Leeds, Derby and Newcastle then everything is fine?. Because that is a distinct possibility and we could possibly be below Rotherham by the end of February.

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Please refer to my comment on another thread.  It matters not. I believe, in the grand scheme of things to BS whether City are in The Championship or division 1.

I have zero confidence in SL.  He has made poor choices for manager more times than I have had hot dinners, the BS set up hardly benefits City.  He fails to seek proper professional advice on almost every football decision.  He is fast becoming the Donald Trump of Bristol football

Do you honestly believe what you have typed?  I hope you are on a prolonged, long wind-up, otherwise, I cannot understand how you form your conclusions.  Don't worry, I never will.  I see you as being 100% incorrect, no offence.

16 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Accurate with his timing. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I'd say he's already missed the bus.

I think the bottom 3 teams will continue to struggle, and even after the month of February (which looks horrendous), there are plenty of points to win.

If we are on better form, March and April offer a chance to collect plenty of points.

6 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Imagine what it must feel like getting 6 points in ONE WEEK!!!! :thumbsup: 

I'd probably feel the same way next Saturday if I scooped the lottery.  Guess the odds are about the same.

Anyway, 3 points next week will do me fine.  Mustn't be greedy.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

You constantly slag off SL . Be careful what you wish for misery guts. Would you rather have Vincent tan in charge or a asset stripping Chinese owner with no love for the club. You really haven't got a ******* clue. 

You are more than welcome to disagree but please moderate your language!

41 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Do you honestly believe what you have typed?  I hope you are on a prolonged, long wind-up, otherwise, I cannot understand how you form your conclusions.  Don't worry, I never will.  I see you as being 100% incorrect, no offence.

Thanks for courteous reply to a post you clearly feel strongly about.

Who in the long term is proved correct perhaps one day we may all discover

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Just remind me what has happened since the ''judge me on Tinnion'' moment. Why should we trust Lansdown now? As for the contract extension, it beggars belief.

53 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I think the bottom 3 teams will continue to struggle, and even after the month of February (which looks horrendous), there are plenty of points to win.

If we are on better form, March and April offer a chance to collect plenty of points.

So we can soar to safety under LJ, by relying on 3 teams being shitter than us. Fantastic.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Interesting comparison. I have to say my lack of confidence of the hierarchy is one of the reasons I think we should persist with LJ.  

There is absolutely no guarantee we'll end up with a better manager. More to the point there is no guarantee a 'good manager' will be able to do a good job here.

9 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Interesting comparison. I have to say my lack of confidence of the hierarchy is one of the reasons I think we should persist with LJ.  

There is absolutely no guarantee we'll end up with a better manager. More to the point there is no guarantee a 'good manager' will be able to do a good job here.

Interesting...

Using exactly the same logic, many of us posting the opposite view to you on LJ, also don't trust the club board/hierarchy and believe they couldn't appoint anyone worse than LJ.

Either way we are all somewhat bewildered why when compared to some smaller clubs we are so unable to achieve any kind of meaningful success at a decent level, commensurate with the investment, support or size of city.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Really! What gives you the confidence to think that after the last 3-4 months? 

We also still have to play Wigan and Blackburn away, ironically in March and April, you think they will be easy games!

16 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Interesting...

Using exactly the same logic, many of us posting the opposite view to you on LJ, also don't trust the club board/hierarchy and believe they couldn't appoint anyone worse than LJ.

Either way we are all somewhat bewildered why when compared to some smaller clubs we are so unable to achieve any kind of meaningful success at a decent level, commensurate with the investment, support or size of city.

Agreed Doc. I sometimes wonder whether it's the fact that decisions made with emotion, by those in charge are the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for what SL has put in to the club and don't want some foreign 'investor'. But, perhaps that emotion doesn't always result in the more appropriaye decisions which might be made if there was greater separation.

It's one of the reasons I never bet on City. Too much heart and not enough head in the decision!

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

The summary of blind faith.

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The scenario is who is going down with Rotherham? On current form it will be City plus one other. And from the point of view of the others, at least Burton, Blackburn and Wigan realise that they are in a battle to avoid relegation, whereas we apparently do not.

I think we do, but whereas the others are battling to avoid relegation, at the moment we seem powerless to do anything about it.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Interesting definition of "continue to struggle", because Wigan have actually won their last two league games, whereas Blackburn have picked up four points in their last three (including a win over Newcastle).

In contrast we have picked up the same number of points as Blackburn (4) from our last thirteen games...

Archived