IGNORED

Random Topic Title #2

We live in hope

In reality the problem with Ashton gate is the blazer brigade! The old boy network mentality where if your not constantly subservient to those above then there can be no place for you as a manager at Ashton gate. I cant help but feel Luke Ayling left for his so called Cheltenham antics, however its been a blessing for him since good luck to him I say. The interview with Tomlin was well nothing more than him being told what to say and by looking at him he has given up trying to be the talisman he should be for whatever reason though I suspect poor man management. By Tomlins own admission he has fallen out with Flint on a regular basis, this speaks volumes! Flint has cost us 12 points this season and clearly must be LJ's informer to still hold his place in the team after all LJ drops people like flies whom he believes are to blame for the teams poor performance but not old flinty!....

Sadly none of us expect to win tomorrow and lets be honest if Wednesday play to their current form and we do the same it will be over in the first 45. I hope out of some where LJ can restore the balance and harmony within the team because as it stands the losing mentality is ingrained within the players and the embarrassment of losing has lost its sting...

As for Freeman yes he has not done wonders this season and to be fair he is one of the best players we have with the ball at his feet no doubt another manager will get him firing and doing well bit like Ayling. In the meantime we can look forward to scanning the continent for a bargain in the vein hope they will settle quickly in the UK and adapt to the demands of the championship. Great thanks for that Mark Ashton!

21 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

In reality the problem with Ashton gate is the blazer brigade! The old boy network mentality where if your not constantly subservient to those above then there can be no place for you as a manager at Ashton gate. I cant help but feel Luke Ayling left for his so called Cheltenham antics, however its been a blessing for him since good luck to him I say. The interview with Tomlin was well nothing more than him being told what to say and by looking at him he has given up trying to be the talisman he should be for whatever reason though I suspect poor man management. By Tomlins own admission he has fallen out with Flint on a regular basis, this speaks volumes! Flint has cost us 12 points this season and clearly must be LJ's informer to still hold his place in the team after all LJ drops people like flies whom he believes are to blame for the teams poor performance but not old flinty!....

Sadly none of us expect to win tomorrow and lets be honest if Wednesday play to their current form and we do the same it will be over in the first 45. I hope out of some where LJ can restore the balance and harmony within the team because as it stands the losing mentality is ingrained within the players and the embarrassment of losing has lost its sting...

As for Freeman yes he has not done wonders this season and to be fair he is one of the best players we have with the ball at his feet no doubt another manager will get him firing and doing well bit like Ayling. In the meantime we can look forward to scanning the continent for a bargain in the vein hope they will settle quickly in the UK and adapt to the demands of the championship. Great thanks for that Mark Ashton!

All just rumours.

15 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

Ridiculous to blame one player for "dropping 12 points" and what's wrong with bringing players in from the continent? Ever watch a division called the Premier League?

This is a very silly post.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Ridiculous to blame one player for "dropping 12 points" and what's wrong with bringing players in from the continent? Ever watch a division called the Premier League?

In your own opinion maybe not in mine! Nothing wrong in bring players from the continent but when your are in a tight space as we are in now looking to the continent is a big gamble where seasoned championship players are not so much of a gamble MR Red-Robbo

2 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

In your own opinion maybe not in mine! Nothing wrong in bring players from the continent but when your are in a tight space as we are in now looking to the continent is a big gamble where seasoned championship players are not so much of a gamble MR Red-Robbo

But they more expensive

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Really ridiculous to blame a player for dropping points is not what management is about to look for weakness, seem to drop our keeper pretty smartly didn't he! Now playing at Rotherham

Just now, We live in hope said:

Actually, they are all a gamble. There are no guarantees. Think of Cotts' pre-season. Kodj worked out brilliantly, and was the best bit of business the club has ever done, "proven" Championship player Fredricks was a waste of space.

4 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

Flint mistakes are on video reply to see old chap!

I wonder what proportion of opposition goals are the result of defensive mistakes?  50%?  More?  Football is all about scoring more goals than the other side, and everyone makes mistaies along the way.  

I have see no evidence this season that Flint is anything other than a very good defender.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yup, not done our friends at Huddersfield any harm either.

Really ridiculous to blame a player for dropping points is not what management is about to look for weakness, seem to drop our keeper pretty smartly didn't he! Now playing at Rotherham

The one time you can say it was entirely Flint's fault we lost a game was the ridiculous back pass one (late night last night for me - not used to it these days - forgot our opponents that match). Other than that he's saved more points then he's given away. As someone who is habitually our last line of defence, people whose only knowledge of the game is goal highlights may see balls whizzing past him and wrongly assume it's "Flint's fault". That shows a football illiteracy in my view.

The games we've lost have been the whole teams' responsibility: attackers and attacking midfielders not taking chances and not taking decent set pieces; midfielders allowing the ball to run past them unchallenged; defence and defensive midfielders standing off and allowing shots to be taken; keepers not claiming crosses and reacting far too late to speculative long-range shots. 

At the zenith of this pyramid of failure is the head coach who doesn't coach these mistakes out of the team, doesn't know his strongest XI or recognise his most dangerous formation, handled the Freeman saga poorly and cannot seem to inspire his side.

It's f all to do with "blazers" or cliques or an owner  who actually is so hands off that he's rarely on mainland Britain, let alone in the same city, as the club.

People love a good conspiracy don't they? Worst thing about the internet in my view. Conjecture reported as fact.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What has any of this got to do with Man City?!

(and don't waste a 'whoosh' on my reply, it's just a sardonic nod to the thread title...)

I thought it was about Burnley drawing Man City in Round 5. My bad :(

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At the zenith of this pyramid of failure is the head coach who doesn't coach these mistakes out of the team, doesn't know his strongest XI or recognise his most dangerous formation, handled the Freeman saga poorly and cannot seem to inspire his side.

People love a good conspiracy don't they? Worst thing about the internet in my view. Conjecture reported as fact.

Your view is fact now is it?! Double standards springs to mind...

Your view is fact now is it?! Double standards springs to mind...

I think my view that there are mistakes all over the pitch and the head coach must take the lion's share of responsibility for not sorting these out as he's had half a season to work on them, is probably the view of the majority of fans,

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn't that in the home game vs Derby? At least we got a point that day though!

Like Flinty, my brain has obviously blocked the occasion out. A flicked back header taken without noticing that there was an opposing player much nearer to the ball than Fielding was. A genuine clanger.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think my view that there are mistakes all over the pitch and the head coach must take the lion's share of responsibility for not sorting these out as he's had half a season to work on them, is probably the view of the majority of fans,

I actually agree with your point for what it is worth. However you cant dismiss my view as conjecture when yours is nothing more than the same old chap! ;-)

1 hour ago, We live in hope said:

Christ you're pessimistic, I give us at least 10 minutes.

I actually agree with your point for what it is worth. However you cant dismiss my vide as conjecture when yours is nothing more than the same old chap! ;-)

Well until I see some proof that Tomlin has fallen out with Flint and Flint is LJ's "snitch" and everyone has to agree with "the blazers" (whoever they are) I will reserve the right to call your post out as just speculation.

I put the blame for our fall down the table on a head coach not coaching and not managing.

Let's hope he astounds us, turns it around, and this sad little episode is all forgotten....

• The title was changed to Random Topic Title #2

Archived