IGNORED

Tony Mowbray new Blackburn boss

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

Decent & proven Championship manager-will keep them up no troubles..

Or a manager who's success has declined with every appointment, barring a brief stint at Celtic, where even my Nan could crank up her win rate. 

I cant see what he offers over and above Coyle. Not sure they'll necessarily go down but far from an inspiring appointment. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Or a manager who's success has declined with every appointment, barring a brief stint at Celtic, where even my Nan could crank up her win rate. 

I cant see what he offers over and above Coyle. Not sure they'll necessarily go down but far from an inspiring appointment. 

What's your Nan's current win rate ? 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Granted,for sure not inspiring but will do the dirty work needed for now..

5 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I will probably be proved wrong and detriment to us but this seems like an awful appointment.

This

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Decent & proven Championship manager-will keep them up no troubles..

Can only presume you're taking the piss here?

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

cheaper?

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

This

Can only presume you're taking the piss here?

I dont think he is, why would he be?. Take away his time at Coventry ( any manager would struggle with that club atm) and his record is bloody good. Likes to get his teams to play decent football as well, A good solid Championship manager, unfortunately for him he's joined another club that are in disarray though. 

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I dont think he is, why would he be?. Take away his time at Coventry ( any manager would struggle with that club atm) and his record is bloody good. Likes to get his teams to play decent football as well, A good solid Championship manager, unfortunately for him he's joined another club that are in disarray though. 

He hasn't done anything in years

Have a look at wiki - his record at Celtic, in a two team league, was worse than John Barnes at one point, and he was sacked not long after. John. Barnes.

He didn't get Middlesboro up, and we all know how well backed they are by their chairman. He got Ipswich up at the turn of the century (that makes us all sound old!) and West Brom the same, 9 seasons ago. We may have different scales, but that doesn't say 'bloody good' to me

I think it's an awful appointment, and I'm guessing that a majority of Blackburn fans will agree, although the fact he doesn't have a past with Burnley may buy him some time. Feel free to copy and paste this and remind me of this in May when they stay up and we go down :ph34r:

Archived