IGNORED

When we go down, who will you blame

BS3_RED

Both will be blamed probably to different degrees depending on your personal biases. But for me the buck stops with SL who should have seen the writing on the wall after the Cardiff game. To concede (we capitulated rather than just unluckily losing) 2 home games by letting in 3 goals after leading in those games should have been the end for LJ.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The board. They are the reason Lee Johnson is still in charge, not the man himself. Hie's doing his best and is not up to the task. 

The buck stops with those who continue to ignore that fact. 

I could bear that,  if he didn't continually bluff and bullshit

And as for the OP 

SL 

with MA / LJ fighting for second

Mainly the board.  They appointed a middle of the road league one manager and made him out to be the next Guardiola.  When his managerial career to date showed him to not even be comparable with someone like Russell Slade and how uninspiring is he?  They then literally gave him the keys to the sweet shop, and have in my opinion allowed him to do long term damage to the club.  Sorting out the mess he's created (regardless of if we get relegated or not) will take a season or two.

Johnson should take some of the blame.  Having belief in yourself is fine.  It should be applauded.  But when you are quite obviously out of your depth and harming those who put faith in you then do the honorable thing and resign.

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Mainly the board.  They appointed a middle of the road league one manager and made him out to be the next Guardiola.  When his managerial career to date showed him to not even be comparable with someone like Russell Slade and how uninspiring is he?  They then literally gave him the keys to the sweet shop, and have in my opinion allowed him to do long term damage to the club.  Sorting out the mess he's created (regardless of if we get relegated or not) will take a season or two.

Johnson should take some of the blame.  Having belief in yourself is fine.  It should be applauded.  But when you are quite obviously out of your depth and harming those who put faith in you then do the honorable thing and resign.

Good post :clap:

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Johnson obviously and Ashton for recommending him. Where is our football CEO anyway? he was everywhere in the media when we were doing well but he's disappeared now. #MEDIAWHORE

Recommended him ?

Do you really believe that ?

SL 'I hear that you will be recommending Lee'

MA 'uhmmm ahhhhh ummmmm yes Mr Lansdown'

SL 'There's a good chap'

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I could bear that,  if he didn't continually bluff and bullshit

And as for the OP 

SL 

with MA / LJ fighting for second

I have no tolerance any more for his BS but it's naive to think he's ever walk away from such a lucrative position without being sacked. 

Appointing a suitable manager and appropriately reviewing his performance is 100% the boards responsibility and I will hold them in total contempt if they continue to not act, and sit and watch us get relegated in order to save face and avoid having to admit an error of judgement. 

Primarily LJ for being shown to be out of his depth and "managing" to turn a decent squad into a bunch of no hopers bereft of confidence and fight .

SL for not getting rid of said LJ when the writing was on the wall - Reading at home  and the new manager had a chance of bringing in some championship ready quality players in the window.

Mark Ashton for the recruitment of policy -acquiring players for the future and not the here and now..

The fans - last night was not toxic, just a few sporadic chants of We want Johnson out- it should have reached fever pitch -just hope that everyone who goes to Newcastle supports the team but not the manager

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Recommended him ?

Do you really believe that ?

SL 'I hear that you will be recommending Lee'

MA 'uhmmm ahhhhh ummmmm yes Mr Lansdown'

SL 'There's a good chap'

Not really Bob but he needs to bugger off as well if he's just going to pander to our owner. What's the point in him being there if he doesn't question things?

The 'spin' machine said that Johnson was interviewed by captain Smarm who recommended him to the owner as the outstanding (only) candidate. What a crock of crap that is!

He's the football CEO and has to take his share of the responsibility.

The board.

Like somebody said, it was plainly clear to see how clueless and inept our current Head Coach is after the Reading game. We have gotten soooo much worse since, and they have had so much time to get rid, yet fail to act.

Instead we let him piss more money up the wall in January and still see zero improvement.

If the board and SL fail to act and we go down. It will be a season I never forget (for the wrong reasons) and would lose practically all respect for SL. It would show its a job for a mate, stuff the fans.

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Lee because he is the manager or SL and the rest of the men in charge for failing to act when it was obvious it was all going south fast?

Ultimately LJ, but almost as much blame must be aportioned to the players.

They didnt become shit overnight and can still put a shift in, which doesnt appear to be happening.

Also, I dont care who you are but no one player is bigger than the club. Those players going to SL about LJ should be removed from the club at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The spineless players, they were playing well enough earlier in the season but have since completely dropped in form. The 3 mutineers didn't help things either.

Hmm.. I hear this a lot but I dont buy it. We've got a big squad of players and the team that started yesterday was totally different to the one that began the bad run back in October. There must be at least 25 players that have contributed to this poor run. Are they all spineless wasters? Would be a bit co-incidental. More than likely, they have lost faith in a management team that have coached them badly, failed to motivate them and not utilised their strengths properly. 

Ive worked in language schools with awful management and believe me its draining, demoralising and very difficult to do your job to the best of your ability when you have no faith in your employers.

The players arent completely blameless but I'd steer well clear of making them the main culprits... They are none other than Steve Lansdown, Mark Ashton and his army of suits.

Can you imagine the conversation at the Johnson, family Sunday roast get together:-

GJ: how's the team doing son after the new signings.

LJ: about as good during your tenure dad! The fans seem happy

GJ: that's good son, proud of you. I taught you well

LJ: I might have another player I can loan you dad.

GJ: that's ok son, keep playing them in the different positions. It might come together eventually

At the end of the day its the man at the top that has to take the blame. SL is ultimately responsible for everything that goes on at the club.

As someone who has served 22 years in the Navy I know that it doesn't matter if the Captain of the ship wasn't on the bridge at the time the ship hit the rocks, it's his crew and therefore his responsibility.

Perks of being in charge.

I think the board, head coach and players all have to take a share of the blame.

I definitely don't think, however, the onus should be on Lee Johnson to resign. Why on earth should he?

All this nonsense about "doing the honourable" thing - seriously, do me a favour. It's a job, he's an employee. I know if I was under-performing in my job I wouldn't be rushing for the exit door - I have bills to pay, a family to support.

The point is the decision should've been taken out of his hands already.

Archived