Jump to content
IGNORED

Johnson out!!! (but well done yesterday).


Superjack

Recommended Posts

Yes it's late, but I'm not drunk, I've just finished work.

 

Along with thousands of Bristol City fans, I have made no secret of my opinion of Lee Johnson. The sooner he goes, the better. However, with criticism should come credit, and today he and the players deserve that.

At 2pm today I would have insisted that Johnson would have to be the luckiest manager alive to get a result today. But the thing is, he wasn't. When we were winning at the start of the season I was convinced that good fortune was playing its hand. I don't believe that he has been unlucky since. But today, he got it right and so did the players. I wouldn't have gone 4-1-4-1, but he picked the right players and it bloody well worked. And for once he actually didn't chop and change every ten ******* minutes and tinker with it.

Some will say that it was yet another capitulation. But this was Newcastle away, the league leaders and biggest and best club in the division.Yes, we lost another two goal lead, but any visiting team to St James Park will be under the cosh for most of the game, and I, like everyone else was expecting a 6-0 hammering.

So, well done the players and yes, I'll say it, well done Lee Johnson. I wish I had the confidence that today wasn't just a dice-roll that turned a double six.

But I don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need to put in the same commitment at villa and against Burton.  If we show the same as we did against Fulham sadly it will be lq one next season. I feel the next 2 games are very vital for the club and Lee Johnson. If we struggle at home to Burton the fans will turn big time against Lee.  Fingers crossed we don't as I would love him to be successful here. Coyr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

We need to put in the same commitment at villa and against Burton.  If we show the same as we did against Fulham sadly it will be lq one next season. I feel the next 2 games are very vital for the club and Lee Johnson. If we struggle at home to Burton the fans will turn big time against Lee.  Fingers crossed we don't as I would love him to be successful here. Coyr

Exactly this. Whether to view this as a great point won, or yet again points lost through poor game management will depend on next 2 results. If this point has given the team some confidence and they can take that into the Villa game and avoid defeat, then sets us up well for the 'must win' game v Burton. If it has just added to the "we can't keep a lead mentality", (19 points lost from winning positions this season according to pundit on TV), and Villa turn us over then Burton could be Waterloo for LJ. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The result against Newcastle makes the other performances even more bizarre.

It was almost like playing out of your skin when you draw Man Utd in the cup, and then playing shit every other week.

Really odd.

And at the end of the day, we chalked up one point.

If we keep going like this, we will be relegated.

We can reflect on the warm afterglow of a point at Newcastle in June when they are in the Premier League and we are in League 1.

Unless we change the manager.

 

tfj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Superjack said:

Yes it's late, but I'm not drunk, I've just finished work.

 

Along with thousands of Bristol City fans, I have made no secret of my opinion of Lee Johnson. The sooner he goes, the better. However, with criticism should come credit, and today he and the players deserve that.

At 2pm today I would have insisted that Johnson would have to be the luckiest manager alive to get a result today. But the thing is, he wasn't. When we were winning at the start of the season I was convinced that good fortune was playing its hand. I don't believe that he has been unlucky since. But today, he got it right and so did the players. I wouldn't have gone 4-1-4-1, but he picked the right players and it bloody well worked. And for once he actually didn't chop and change every ten ******* minutes and tinker with it.

Some will say that it was yet another capitulation. But this was Newcastle away, the league leaders and biggest and best club in the division.Yes, we lost another two goal lead, but any visiting team to St James Park will be under the cosh for most of the game, and I, like everyone else was expecting a 6-0 hammering.

So, well done the players and yes, I'll say it, well done Lee Johnson. I wish I had the confidence that today wasn't just a dice-roll that turned a double six.

But I don't.

I was expecting a 2-1 win for City with Wilbs and Taylor scoring .

Johnson Out :protest:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

The result against Newcastle makes the other performances even more bizarre.

It was almost like playing out of your skin when you draw Man Utd in the cup, and then playing shit every other week.

Really odd.

And at the end of the day, we chalked up one point.

If we keep going like this, we will be relegated.

We can reflect on the warm afterglow of a point at Newcastle in June when they are in the Premier League and we are in League 1.

Unless we change the manager.

 

tfj

Well done for this post TFJ . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Superjack said:

Yes it's late, but I'm not drunk, I've just finished work.

 

Along with thousands of Bristol City fans, I have made no secret of my opinion of Lee Johnson. The sooner he goes, the better. However, with criticism should come credit, and today he and the players deserve that.

At 2pm today I would have insisted that Johnson would have to be the luckiest manager alive to get a result today. But the thing is, he wasn't. When we were winning at the start of the season I was convinced that good fortune was playing its hand. I don't believe that he has been unlucky since. But today, he got it right and so did the players. I wouldn't have gone 4-1-4-1, but he picked the right players and it bloody well worked. And for once he actually didn't chop and change every ten ******* minutes and tinker with it.

Some will say that it was yet another capitulation. But this was Newcastle away, the league leaders and biggest and best club in the division.Yes, we lost another two goal lead, but any visiting team to St James Park will be under the cosh for most of the game, and I, like everyone else was expecting a 6-0 hammering.

So, well done the players and yes, I'll say it, well done Lee Johnson. I wish I had the confidence that today wasn't just a dice-roll that turned a double six.

But I don't.

Oh wow, a Johnson out thread. How original. Yes yes, we really needed another one of these...... How apt! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

Oh wow, a Johnson out thread. How original. Yes yes, we really needed another one of these...... How apt! 

We always have a Johnson out thread Sunday morning - just WHAT IS YOU PROBLEM, Mr???

:bruce_h4h:

 

 

tfj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I am convinced John Pemberton had a major part in that team selection. Personally, i would shower praise on him.

Haha. If this doesn't sum up a lot of City fans I don't know what will. 

When we lose, no one but Johnson to blame. When we get a decent result, however, the praise has to lie with the assistant head coach.

I don't know how some of you come up with it. As much as it is frustrating, it's quite funny at the same time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Haha. If this doesn't sum up a lot of City fans I don't know what will. 

When we lose, no one but Johnson to blame. When we get a decent result, however, the praise has to lie with the assistant head coach.

I don't know how some of you come up with it. As much as it is frustrating, it's quite funny at the same time. 

Well, you have to admit Johnson has over tinkered all season and, oddly, he returns to virtually all the possible players he could have selected that were with us in 2015-16 and before; that might be the most this season hence why I am casting doubt on whether LJ picked the team. Nothing patronising about my remarks just an opinion ingrained with a lot of, let us be deferential and say superficial, evidence.

I also read a thread or two on match day that said JP was on the touchline while LJ was in the dug out a fair bit. Maybe he said to JP "ok you run with it". 

All of that said it also does indeed sum up a lot of feelings of City fans right now and why not exactly?

Indulge me for a moment; It is utterly bizarre, is it not, why so few of LJ's signings, especially the January ones, figured in the starting 11. That many left out? Why? OK, we know why he decided to leave them out on the face of it that much is obvious but deep down why? He just brought them into the club along with many others. I would say it is pretty remarkable that the 'no stone left unturned' approach by MA and LJ results in the majority of buys sitting by why the stalwarts take over and put in a stellar performance. That to me tells a whole different and, possibly, new story that we are being managed by someone who is experimenting a lot more than he should be and that is because there are too many ponderables on the players brought in and he lacks knowledge. Add in his apparent poor man management skills and it is no wonder we are floundering. 

Be extremely interesting to see the starting 11 on Tuesday and yes, I think JP has a much bigger say in the starting line up yesterday and will again on Tuesday. That match on Saturday was almost an epiphany moment. Consider the scenario..

SL says to LJ, or indeed vice versa, JP will have a much larger say in the team selection for Saturday because I want you at the club for the long term, I believe in you but you need to listen to these guys more or LJ said the same but effectively in reverse. I strongly suspect the assistant coaches have stepped up because they have been asked to and Lee has had to acquiesce and he probably wanted to anyway. Maybe it has taken this long in the season for someone to sit them all down and work a way that nobody will feel belittled or on an ego trip. Something has happened, I am convinced of it. a few more games and we might get a more clear picture of it because prior to Newcastle it might as well have been a different team; oh look.. it was.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well, you have to admit Johnson has over tinkered all season and, oddly, he returns to virtually all the possible players he could have selected that were with us in 2015-16 and before; that might be the most this season hence why I am casting doubt on whether LJ picked the team. Nothing patronising about my remarks just an opinion ingrained with a lot of, let us be deferential and say superficial, evidence.

I also read a thread or two on match day that said JP was on the touchline while LJ was in the dug out a fair bit. Maybe he said to JP "ok you run with it". 

All of that said it also does indeed sum up a lot of feelings of City fans right now and why not exactly?

Indulge me for a moment; It is utterly bizarre, is it not, why so few of LJ's signings, especially the January ones, figured in the starting 11. That many left out? Why? OK, we know why he decided to leave them out on the face of it that much is obvious but deep down why? He just brought them into the club along with many others. I would say it is pretty remarkable that the 'no stone left unturned' approach by MA and LJ results in the majority of buys sitting by why the stalwarts take over and put in a stellar performance. That to me tells a whole different and, possibly, new story that we are being managed by someone who is experimenting a lot more than he should be and that is because there are too many ponderables on the players brought in and he lacks knowledge. Add in his apparent poor man management skills and it is no wonder we are floundering. 

Be extremely interesting to see the starting 11 on Tuesday and yes, I think JP has a much bigger say in the starting line up yesterday and will again on Tuesday. That match on Saturday was almost an epiphany moment. Consider the scenario..

SL says to LJ, or indeed vice versa, JP will have a much larger say in the team selection for Saturday because I want you at the club for the long term, I believe in you but you need to listen to these guys more or LJ said the same but effectively in reverse. I strongly suspect the assistant coaches have stepped up because they have been asked to and Lee has had to acquiesce and he probably wanted to anyway. Maybe it has taken this long in the season for someone to sit them all down and work a way that nobody will feel belittled or on an ego trip. Something has happened, I am convinced of it. a few more games and we might get a more clear picture of it because prior to Newcastle it might as well have been a different team; oh look.. it was.

 

Mate, you're entitled to your opinion and I won't undermine that.

But you're just making things up and talking on pure speculation that you've plucked from God knows where! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Still want him out , great point up north , but another 2 points dropped tbh. If this was the first time fair enough   , it just adds to similar games.   If we somehow survive this year I feel it will be similar next year 

This is exactly true. If we are happy with a relegation scrap each season then fine. Reduce the prices, stop the PR about the premier league and Europa League in 5 years! Set expectations. But if we want to improve and actually achieve something we need an experienced coach who is tactically astute whether that is from overseas or somebody who has been there and done it over here. For too long at Bristol City we have settled for mediocrity. You only live once and in my lifetime I want to see us play in the premier league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Lee comes out after the match and praises the players for their high work rate. He then says anyone who doesn't maintain that in future "will be hauled off". I know we should be able to expect effort but just the way he says it to me screams out what a useless man manager he is. At least let those that put in the shift enjoy their moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...