IGNORED

The Price of Football.

Wade Wilson

Planning a trip to Salzburg in February and plan to see RB Salzburg when I’m there, so I’m looking up ticket prices for them and it’s frankly embarrassing. 

-Most expensive adult ticket is €30. Cheapest is €15. Kids tickets range from €5-€9.

- Every ticket includes free transport to and from the match on all busses and trains in the Salzburg area.

This isn’t some 3rd division team, this is the champions of Austria who are owned by a worldwide mega corporation. Meanwhile here in the 2nd division of England it’ll cost me £38+ per adult to watch City take on Rotherham. 

And then over in Germany you’ve got food offers like this. 

Why the **** is it so expensive here? It’s absolutely absurd. Can we even begin to change this? Wouldn’t the club rather be playing to a sold out ground every single week come rain or shine? Madness.

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/bundesliga-ticket-prices

A fair bit cheaper in Germany's top flight...

And it’s clearly detrimentally effecting Germans teams performance and their spending power. Right, right? Anyone? 

You could probably buy a German club for the price of an Arsenal season ticket. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

But it's the Austrian league...which is pretty crap.  Given the current exchange rate and falling pound those prices don't look so great anymore. 

That said I agree £39 a ticket (inc booking fee) for Rotherham in lower Lansdown is a piss take.

As stated by @Judda its even cheaper in Germany. Salzburg play excellent football (just ask Celtic or their richer brother Leipzig). Quality notwithstanding it’s €30 max for top flight (and European) football. 

Better standard than Rotherham I’d hazard. 

Went to watch behind the goal Roma-Inter last year- 42 euros or 41- can't remember exactly but around that.

Now that's not much more than City-Rotherham POTD and doubtless it would be more expensive in other parts of the ground so it's not a fully valid comparison- but was chatting to a Liverpool fan Friday night and they told me they were looking into a birthday present for them and the other half- a surprise. Said £250 for 2 tickets at home to Palace! Now it is possible they are either buying on ticket site or looking to go corporate but will look up the price comparisons from the official sites...

Saw Hertha Berlin play at home (Berlin Olympic Stadium) v Stuttgart on my stag weekend in 2004.  7 euros.  I know that’s 14 years ago, but that was top flight football.  Those weren’t the cheapest seats either.

We sang “There’s only one Freddy Bobic, one Freddy Bobic, walking along, singing a song, walking in a Bobic wonderland” for about 30 minutes.  The bonkers German fans thought we were mad.  We were quite merry!!!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Went to watch behind the goal Roma-Inter last year- 42 euros or 41- can't remember exactly but around that.

Now that's not much more than City-Rotherham POTD and doubtless it would be more expensive in other parts of the ground so it's not a fully valid comparison- but was chatting to a Liverpool fan Friday night and they told me they were looking into a birthday present for them and the other half- a surprise. Said £250 for 2 tickets at home to Palace! Now it is possible they are either buying on ticket site or looking to go corporate but will look up the price comparisons from the official sites...

That’s why I’m always amazed at the amount of foreign fans at Liverpool, Utd games etc. They must have to remortgage their homes to afford to go to those games. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

That’s why I’m always amazed at the amount of foreign fans at Liverpool, Utd games etc. They must have to remortgage their homes to afford to go to those games. 

Read some of the nutters / dedicated in this book

The Bottom Corner: Hope, Glory and Non-League Football https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0224100602/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_R5bgCbR25KNCA

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Been three times to see Salzburg now. They play some very attractive football at an affordable price. 

The amazing thing is, despite all of this they get rovers esque attendances for most run of the mill Austrian Bundesliga games...

That is suprising. Wonder how they can afford to run.... what are we doing wrong!?!!?

9 minutes ago, Judda said:

That is suprising. Wonder how they can afford to run.... what are we doing wrong!?!!?

They are backed by Red Bull but they have a young team that they often sell on for big money. They “discovered” Mane and Keita after all. They made a £24m profit alone this summer. 

Salzburg does only have a population of around 124,000 which might explain their attendances. 

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

Bratwurst !

No way. In Austria go for the Kasekrainer and look for the stalls where they're in a bagette style crusty roll. They ram the bread onto a metal rod and slip the tasty meat and cheese treat into the hole created. Bargain.....

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No way. In Austria go for the Kasekrainer and look for the stalls where they're in a bagette style crusty roll. They ram the bread onto a metal rod and slip the tasty meat and cheese treat into the hole created. Bargain.....

Pervert ?

Archived