IGNORED

Lee Johnson MUST Raise The Bar

Curr Avon

Because we keep hitting the bloomin thing!

(Please add Diedhiou's strike to the stat below)

Your team been unlucky? Woodwork hit most often in the EFL this season:
11 Bristol City
10 Luton
10 Walsall
10 West Brom
9 Brentford
9 Bristol Rovers
9 Bury
9 Exeter
9 MK Dons
9 Plymouth
9 Sunderland
9 Swindon

49 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Our players do seem to need some practice in leaning forward and keeping theball low when they shoot.  Too often, they lean back when shooting and too many go over the bar.

Happy Christmas Wendy. You're right. And the only frustrating aspect of yesterday's performance was our failure to get more shots on target, from numerous opportunities.

10 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Happy Christmas Wendy. You're right. And the only frustrating aspect of yesterday's performance was our failure to get more shots on target, from numerous opportunities.

That has been a long term problem. We do not work the opposition keeper enough. 

I suspect that we are trying to hit the ball too hard with players who are not natural goalscorers. The natural ones have a knack of stroking the ball and better placement. Suspect it's a gift top strikers have and almost impossible to teach.

36 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That has been a long term problem. We do not work the opposition keeper enough. 

I suspect that we are trying to hit the ball too hard with players who are not natural goalscorers. The natural ones have a knack of stroking the ball and better placement. Suspect it's a gift top strikers have and almost impossible to teach.

I genuinely think the modern ball is a different beast ,

we are not the only side that seems to be able to blaze high or wide from decent positions

Believe it's 13 now- not seen Saturday highlights yet though.

Bolton away- Hit woodwork once.

Middlesbrough home- Hit woodwork on 2 separate occasions.

WBA away- Hit woodwork once.

Rotherham away- Hit woodwork on 2 separate occasions.

Sheff Wed home- Hit woodwork once.

Hull home- Hit woodwork once.

Stoke home- Hit woodwork on 2 separate occasions.

Reading away- Hit woodwork once.

Millwall home- Hit woodwork once.

Derby away- Hit woodwork once.

Now I'm not saying we would have gained points in all instances but...

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was thinking only yesterday that we have hit the woodwork a lot more than I can ever remember. 

I bet Diedhiou is probably the individual player at the top of the woodwork table too!

In my opinion, he and Brownhill are the cleanest strikers of the ball, and Pack and Paterson lack conviction. The latter two have scored some terrific goals, but too seldom.

Archived