IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

19 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Considering that Liverpool totally outplayed us while winning promotion in season before last, and with Liverpool having tons more money to spend, an away draw is an excellent result. Well done City Women.

I watched the Liverpool championship win at the gate, and from the faplayer coverage today's game was much much closer.

In absolute terms Liverpool were superior, but City would've been gutted not to come away with a point.

• Thanks 2

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Lavington Robin said:

Great result & their next 4 fixtures include 3 teams in a similar league position so an excellent opportunity 🤞🤞to stay at the top level when it looked like they were odds on to go straight back down.

Damage limitation next weekend, then we need points 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 16:08, old_eastender said:

Liv Clarke is a vg shot stopper and it was a top notch save, BUT she is so weak when it comes to dealing with high crosses. Their goal was a high cross inside the 6 yard box and she was just rooted to the line, hoping our defenders win it. She did that on another couple of corners too, but thankfully didn't cost us. IF she could learn to come and claim, or even punch out, those sort of crosses she would be a top keeper.

Overall though an unexpected point against a Liverpool side who were 5th in the table. Easily best performance of the season to date, Syme made a big difference and should keep her place even if/when Jones is fit to return.

If you watch the goal carefully it wasn't even Clark's ball to come for. It was falling straight on Connolly's head for a free-header clearance but she seemed to mistime her jump and missed it completely. For Clark to come and claim that ball she would've had to have wiped out Connolly to do so which would've just been reckless.

• Like 1

Would have posted last night but it was a long day of travel. Would have loved the three points but happy to settle for one against a decent Liverpool side.
Great to see a lot of away support present at Prenton Park - met a fair few who said they were at Huddersfield on Saturday & stayed over in the north

Here are some snaps (the one of the away stand taken well before KO isn't mine)...

DSC_5002.JPG

DSC_5003.JPG

DSC_5005.JPG

DSC_5006.JPG

DSC_5007.JPG

DSC_5008.JPG

DSC_5009.JPG

DSC_5010.JPG

DSC_5011.JPG

DSC_5012.JPG

DSC_5013.JPG

DSC_5014.JPG

DSC_5015.JPG

DSC_5016.jpg

DSC_5017.JPG

DSC_5018.JPG

DSC_5019.JPG

DSC_5020.JPG

DSC_5021.JPG

DSC_5022.JPG

DSC_5023.JPG

DSC_5024.JPG

DSC_5025.JPG

DSC_5026.JPG

DSC_5027.JPG

DSC_5028.JPG

DSC_5029.JPG

DSC_5030.JPG

DSC_5031.JPG

DSC_5032.JPG

DSC_5033.JPG

DSC_5034.JPG

DSC_5035.JPG

DSC_5036.JPG

DSC_5037.JPG

DSC_5038.JPG

DSC_5039.JPG

DSC_5040.JPG

DSC_5041.JPG

DSC_5042.JPG

DSC_5043.JPG

DSC_5044.JPG

DSC_5045.JPG

DSC_5046.JPG

DSC_5047.JPG

DSC_5048.JPG

DSC_5049.JPG

DSC_5050.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/dec/11/adobe-womens-fa-cup-fourth-round-proper-draw-details-20231112
Bristol City; alongside all WSL teams; enter the fourth round of the FA Cup

Fans can watch the Adobe Women's FA Cup fourth round proper draw live on Tuesday 12 December.

With clubs from the Barclays Women's Super League entering the competition at this stage, all eyes will be on the draw which will take place at 9.30am GMT live on the official @AdobeWomensFACup Instagram channel in an exciting collaboration with the Counter Pressed podcast.

Host Flo Lloyd Hughes will be joined by Gilly Flaherty to carry out the draw, featuring those clubs who progressed to this stage after an action-packed afternoon of third round proper ties on Sunday.

There are 32 clubs involved with 16 ties at this stage of the competition, which will take place on Sunday 14 January 2024 and sees winning clubs collect £54,000 from the competition prize fund and £15,000 for the losing teams.

The ball numbers for the draw are below...

1 Arsenal
2 Aston Villa
3 Brighton & Hove Albion
4 Bristol City
5 Chelsea
6 Everton
7 Leicester City
8 Liverpool
9 Manchester City
10 Manchester United
11 Tottenham Hotspur
12 West Ham United
13 Sheffield United
14 Newcastle United
15 Burnley
16 Derby County
17 Sunderland
18 Birmingham City
19 Blackburn Rovers
20 Nottingham Forest
21 Durham
22 Hull City or Wolverhampton Wanderers
23 Crystal Palace
24 Watford
25 London City Lionesses
26 Reading
27 Luton Town or Keynsham Town
28 Southampton FC Women
29 Plymouth Argyle
30 Ipswich Town or Lewes
31 Moneyfields
32 Charlton Athletic

• Admin

Full Draw

Fourth round draw - Sunday 14 January

Derby County v Leicester City

Sunderland v Southampton

Burnley v Birmingham City

London City Lionesses v Moneyfields

Tottenham v Sheffield United

Chelsea v West Ham

Crystal Palace v Blackburn Rovers

Reading v Hull City or Wolverhampton Wanderers

Arsenal v Watford

Luton Town or Keynsham Town v Brighton & Hove Albion

Plymouth Argyle v Nottingham Forest

Ipswich Town or Lewes v Charlton Athletic

Bristol City v Liverpool

Durham v Manchester City

Manchester United v Newcastle United

Aston Villa v Everton

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Luton or Keynsham (the lowest ranked team left in the draw) vs Brighton

Thought Moneyfields was the lowest ranked still in (away to London City); Ks are the lowest local team after beating the Gas Girls.

3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Just been drawn at home to Liverpool in the FA Cup...

<Rubs hands in expectation>

The match is due the week after the men's third round date, so could be a handy double.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 18:22, shahanshahan said:

Great day out! Heading back on the coach now. Some photos for everyone's pleasure...

DSC_0257.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0274.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

Hi there! I'm a journalism student writing an article about Bristol City for an assignment. Any chance I could use your picture of the Bristol City bus? The article won't be published and I'll give full credit to you.

On 12/12/2023 at 16:54, HanJourno said:

Hi there! I'm a journalism student writing an article about Bristol City for an assignment. Any chance I could use your picture of the Bristol City bus? The article won't be published and I'll give full credit to you.

This isn't the Bristol City bus. That was in use by the men's team when they went to Huddersfield on Friday for their game on Sunday 

Going back to Saturday briefly - I went with the family and it was great, thought we were the better team.  I was a bit surprised how poorly supported Liverpool are. I’m sure they got less this week as we aren’t a big draw as an away side and I know they only came up to the WSL recently (although isn’t that the same for Man Utd?) but given the potential cross over support from the Men’s side their attendances aren’t great. In fact the same goes for several other teams in the WSL.  I wonder if there hasn’t been much integration between the Men’s & Women’s teams in these premier league clubs.  Joint PR etc really helps grow the support base.  

image.thumb.png.a9cc0cfeeb8e53a5ad97934fd4c5bfc7.png

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, TinMan&#x27;s left peg said:

Going back to Saturday briefly - I went with the family and it was great, thought we were the better team.  I was a bit surprised how poorly supported Liverpool are. I’m sure they got less this week as we aren’t a big draw as an away side and I know they only came up to the WSL recently (although isn’t that the same for Man Utd?) but given the potential cross over support from the Men’s side their attendances aren’t great. In fact the same goes for several other teams in the WSL.  I wonder if there hasn’t been much integration between the Men’s & Women’s teams in these premier league clubs.  Joint PR etc really helps grow the support base.  

image.thumb.png.a9cc0cfeeb8e53a5ad97934fd4c5bfc7.png

I fully expect our crowds to drop like a stone in future seasons when the Lionesses buzz wears off

I'm sure Mary Earps alone put many thousands on our crowd against United 

Of course the other thing to many kids, seeing a "Liverpool" or "Manchester United" team is still a massive appeal 

To Prem supporters they don't have that appeal or attraction as it's a regular thing to see 

Sadly didn't take the chances that were created and paid for being just the one goal up for most of the game.

Side was much changed from the league selection with lots of players with fewer minutes under their belts given the opportunity against a Championship side who were lined up in similar respect. Infrequent first-teamers were generally on top of things, dominating possession and pushing forwards. However, there were a few good chances that should have been sitting in the net but weren't. In the end a rare Reading attack slipped under Haaland's body just before full time. Penalties - we missed one and another was saved. We were already out of the next stage before a ball was kicked, of course.

Good to see how the academy is getting some talent emerge, especially Maya Kendell. Bright and tricky on the ball, and keen to take opponents on.

Most of the expected starting XI for Sunday's game against Chelsea were kept warm and not used.

• Like 1

Liverpool FA Cup ticket details announced.

Game will take place at Ashton Gate, with earlier KO of 1pm

On sale from Monday 10am for City women season ticket holders, with their seats reserved until the priority sale period ends - when tickets then go on general sale on Wednesday 10am.

City women ST holders get half price tickets as well. City members get £2 off tickets

CityW_2324_Liverpool_FACup_PricingTable_

FB_IMG_1702643744828.jpg

Lauren Smith's press conference ahead of the Chelsea game.

Biggest takeaways are that there are no new injuries, and that plans are in place for the January transfer window. Good question also asked about Aggie Beever-Jones returning to the club she was once on loan at...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/smiths-chelsea-press-conference/