IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Wow, as signings go, this would be a big one! Rachel Furness to sign before the weekend; 85 caps for Northern Ireland and has played at the highest level for Sunderland, Reading, Tottenham & Liverpool.

Would just hope that this is in addition to what we have and not replacing someone that is leaving. 

https://twitter.com/TomJGarry/status/1621228721028964353

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Wow, as signings go, this would be a big one! Rachel Furness to sign before the weekend; 85 caps for Northern Ireland and has played at the highest level for Sunderland, Reading, Tottenham & Liverpool.

Would just hope that this is in addition to what we have and not replacing someone that is leaving. 

https://twitter.com/TomJGarry/status/1621228721028964353

Will be interesting to see how this has come to be, especially as the window closed on Tuesday...

17 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Will be interesting to see how this has come to be, especially as the window closed on Tuesday...

Presumably either..

1. The deal was done ahead of the transfer window closing and they've just managed to keep it quiet for a few days.
2. The transfer window for Championship clubs is different, or maybe even doesn't exist.
3. She and Liverpool have mutually terminated her contract, making her a free agent and avaliable to sign for City. 

• Like 1

Seen a fair few updates on Twitter today:

The home game at Durham on Sunday 12th March has been brought forward to 2pm KO
The home game against London City Lionesses this Wednesday will have the HPC1 bus service running for FREE
The away game against London City Lionesses on Sunday 19th March has been selected for live FA Player coverage

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

With her scoring record, she must be more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive one so maybe Lauren is going to play a CAM off Harrison/Hayles rather than three up top. 

The side certainly has better strength in depth this season, that's for sure. 

In contrast,  I've hope she would be competition for Palmer/Syme. I think are area of weakness is centre midfield where we are reliant on those two.

• Like 2

May have been missed with other announcements today, but Women's FA Cup ticket details confirmed...

Key notes:

The game is being played at the RHPC (and looks like it will stay there) on Sunday February 26th at 2pm

Season ticket holders get 24 hour priority for tickets when they go on sale Monday at 10am (online only)....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/ℹ-city-women-v-manchester-city-women-ticket-details/

55 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting to be at the HPC - but might it still switch to the Gate at a later stage? Will there be a limit to tickets if it is at the HPC, for both sets of supporters, as it will surely reach capacity?

I don't expect it to, especially given that the Conti Cup fixture was already there. It'll be nice to see a full HPC sold out for the first time since there have been games there...

• Admin
1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting to be at the HPC - but might it still switch to the Gate at a later stage? Will there be a limit to tickets if it is at the HPC, for both sets of supporters, as it will surely reach capacity?

I'd bet nobody knows what the capacity is? 

Is standing encouraged around the pitch perimeter? 

From footage it always loo like the only support are in the stand, unlike non league grounds of similar design where you would get people behind the goals and stood all around the pitch 

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Yep, supporters can stand around the sides of the pitch; I have definitely seen it from the view of standing in the stand.

Currently allowed behind the left goal and on farside up to City dug out. Wasn't allowed beyond away dug out although I think this was a covid thing ,may be relaxed now. The other limiting factor is the toilet provision. I will forgo my pre match coffee if it's a capacity crowd.

2 hours ago, miser said:

Currently allowed behind the left goal and on farside up to City dug out. Wasn't allowed beyond away dug out although I think this was a covid thing ,may be relaxed now. The other limiting factor is the toilet provision. I will forgo my pre match coffee if it's a capacity crowd.

We could perhaps hire in some marquees and portaloos? There are some at another Bristol sporting venue not too far away.

They would of course need fumigation and a deep hygienic clean so perhaps the cost would be prohibitive.

6 hours ago, miser said:

I think this was a covid thing ,may be relaxed now

No, the stewards are still prohibiting fans from wandering behind the dug-outs or on the upper training pitch. I hope the club might be re-thinking the way they handle this game if the crowds are as big as we might achieve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Poor result today, now makes the London City Lionesses game a must win.

FT 0-0 for those that were wondering. Looked like a tight contest. Still, 4 points out of 6 from a City away weekend isn't bad.

I'll upload some photos when I'm back in Bristol, either tonight or in the week.

Got a long drive ahead of me!

• Like 1