IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

37 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

In answer to my other post, I have Lauren Smith's record as:

P-49   W-29  D-7  L-13

Win Percentage of 51.9%, or 88pts from a theoretical 147 (that's 59.8%) overall. Must be a lot of coaches who would like to be at that level.

I'm missing a game from somewhere but it still illustrates her tenure well. Could it be she will be head-hunted for more senior positions, like previous City coaches I could mention (but won't)?

If she's won 29 games out of 49, surely that's a win % of 59.18%. She's also won 94 points out of 147 which would be 63.94%. 

3 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

If she's won 29 games out of 49, surely that's a win % of 59.18%. She's also won 94 points out of 147 which would be 63.94%. 

You're right, HM. I blame a recent Windows update that has also wiped out my calendar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, miser said:

Hard fought first half with City shading it and worthy of the half time lead. Second half more fluid and it could been more than the 2 goals. At the end, a solid victory.

Completely agree, two different halves. Wasn't expecting to see the amount of Durham fans (& flags) down too considering their travels; attempted a singing contest though.

Great to see Aspin finally make her return, and nearly getting a goal herself at the very end. Wasn't sure about the referee today...

Edited by shahanshahan

5 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Completely agree, two different halves. Wasn't expecting to see the amount of Durham fans (& flags) down too considering their travels; attempted a singing contest though.

Great to see Aspin finally make her return, and nearly getting a goal herself at the very end. Wasn't sure about the referee today...

Not sure what happened in the first half with Abi Harrison & Georgia Robert. Very strange incident where the referee stopped play for two or three minutes, no foul had happened or anything. Assume something must have been said.

On the pitch, another win after initially finding the opposition a difficult nut to crack. Like Oxford in the Cup, took till first half stoppage time to score then ended up winning by a few. Improved the GD again over London City today; next week looks massive in respect of the whole season.

8 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Not sure what happened in the first half with Abi Harrison & Georgia Robert. Very strange incident where the referee stopped play for two or three minutes, no foul had happened or anything. Assume something must have been said.

From what I've overheard from some people since (although it may need verifying), at first seemed like a Durham player was mocking Harrison's accent, but then apparently something of a vitriolic/racist nature may have been said instead. I'll expect the clubs/FA to follow that up...

• Like 1

Yes, there did seem to be some tetchiness in the first half that was not football related, but the ref (at length) quelled it. Second half was better in terms of output and positivity, not totally unrelated to Palmer's appearance after the break. And yes, good to see Brooke out and back in action too (and yes, again, unsurprisingly looked a little rusty but also showed some class).

Overall a game that was not so pretty or spectacular, but a deserved win ground out against an obdurate Durham side. At this stage of the season the results will live longer than the performance and so we have inched ahead of London City, which is crucial as the next fixture is at Princes Park.

I thought Ela Powell was liveliest today, particularly in the first half, and Rachel Furness was able to snuff out opposition moves and then move it forwards to set up attacks. Abi Harrison was the usual handful either in attack or from midfield. She is also central to the huddles and we are benefiting from her international experience.

Flowing football was difficult as Durham's back four were on their toes. However, when we made it into the penalty box we had a few good opportunities; it also has to be said that the opponents almost sneaked a goal early on and that would have changed the game entirely. Fortunately the City defence was alert and when the shots came in there were lots of bodies in the way - a good sign of defending from a team perspective.

So on to next week. Not the title decider it might have been but a vital game none the less. Then there will only be one more home game at the HPC. Gosh, doesn't the end of the season jump up quickly!

COYR!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

The women were in at the RHPC today

Listened to Rachel Furness' interview last night on Sound of the City with Geoff Twentyman.

She said that the club have a new training schedule, and now come in on Mondays as opposed to Tuesdays - as well as coming in on Fridays instead of Thursdays. Still train on Wednesdays & Saturdays.

Segment starts at 35:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f488m0

• Like 1