IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Just now, Port Said Red said:

That looked like some of our Prem games last season, women against girls, especially when Sunderland ran out steam towards the end. 

Come on Saints Ladies.

There is a difference between the fitness levels of the teams at the top and some of the others than came out today. Makes it even more difficult to rationalise the 0-1 against Sheff Utd. Mind you, London dropped points as well that would have expected them to pick up.

4 points now needed from two to be sure. On paper ours look more difficult than London’s, but in their own hands at least. Great result today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

This should end up 4 or 5. 

This aged well!

Never thought I'd see Ella Powell or Jazz Bull get goals, but glad that they did! Shania Hayles probably leading the Championship golden boot race once again now. Nice consolation goal from Harrison

Plenty of other chances too, including Morgan & Teisar 

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

4-0 now

Birmingham are 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes at Palace.

B’ham have worked themselves in to title contention, particularly if London drop any more and have us to play last match. Worth keeping a weather eye on.

As as aside they were 3-0 after 15 mins, but now 3-2 at half time.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Only need a draw to finish ahead of London City, but Birmingham can get 47 IF they win all 3 games left, which includes last game at home to our girls. So only a Win against Charlton will do it, as it stands.

Fair shout. I thought it was only a two horse race.

Saints have beaten London City 1-0! That has handed the title on a plate; we 'only have to win' and it's a return to the WSL. With lots of tickets already sold, I suspect this will add a few more to the attendance next Sunday. It would be a great day to win in front of a big crowd and celebrate. Just need to keep our heads down and make sure.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Saints have beaten London City 1-0! That has handed the title on a plate; we 'only have to win' and it's a return to the WSL. With lots of tickets already sold, I suspect this will add a few more to the attendance next Sunday. It would be a great day to win in front of a big crowd and celebrate. Just need to keep our heads down and make sure.

Exactly that. Worth adding Birmingham are in great form at the moment. Anything other than a win v Charlton and it could well come down to a ‘winner takes it all’ show down on the last match. Best to just win next Sunday and avoid all that drama.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Exactly that. Worth adding Birmingham are in great form at the moment. Anything other than a win v Charlton and it could well come down to a ‘winner takes it all’ show down on the last match. Best to just win next Sunday and avoid all that drama.

Yep definitely best. 

27 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Surely a draw will do, unless my maths is dodgy (quite possible)?

53 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Only need a draw to finish ahead of London City, but Birmingham can get 47 IF they win all 3 games left, which includes last game at home to our girls. So only a Win against Charlton will do it, as it stands.

Looks like Birmingham have got a double header vs Durham this week Wednesday and Sunday (early ko) They could be one point behind by the time City girls kick off ?

Edited by myol'man

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Surely a draw will do, unless my maths is dodgy (quite possible)?

It has developed in to a three way race.

London are 6 points behind with two games left. A point must keep us above them.

Birmingham are 7 points behind but have three games left. We have them away last match, so technically it is a win against Charlton, or a draw at Bham will be enough. A draw against Charlton still needs us needing a point last match. This assumes Bham win their other two.

Bham play midweek against Durham, next Sunday against Durham again, then us.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It has developed in to a three way race.

London are 6 points behind with two games left. A point must keep us above them.

Birmingham are 7 points behind but have three games left. We have them away last match, so technically it is a win against Charlton, or a draw at Bham will be enough. A draw against Charlton still needs us needing a point last match. This assumes Bham win their other two.

Bham play midweek against Durham, next Sunday against Durham again, then us.

Ah cheers. I must admit I haven't really looked below London in the table for quite a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

What will the crowd be next weekend? Must be 5000 + surely. I will be going ?

At the moment the club have announced that 4000 tickets have been sold.
The Dolman stand will be open instead of the Lansdown, so for those watching on the FA Player, the footage will have fans in the background

• Thanks 2