IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

Saints have beaten London City 1-0! That has handed the title on a plate; we 'only have to win' and it's a return to the WSL. With lots of tickets already sold, I suspect this will add a few more to the attendance next Sunday. It would be a great day to win in front of a big crowd and celebrate. Just need to keep our heads down and make sure.

Fingers crossed that the girls do the job would be a fantastic achievement , I have seen a couple of the games including one of the Man City ones , and the obvious question is what will they need and can they get the necessary new recruits to have a chance of staying up , Man City we’re on a different planet, I know they are one of the top top teams but even the rest very decent , any one know if have the intention and the available resources to have a real go this time? 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Ah cheers. I must admit I haven't really looked below London in the table for quite a while.

Yep, whilst London and us have both been cheering the other dropping unexpected points, Birmingham have been coming up on the rails. London could well finish third in a two horse race.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

At the moment the club have announced that 4000 tickets have been sold.
The Dolman stand will be open instead of the Lansdown, so for those watching on the FA Player, the footage will have fans in the background

That makes sense. it should also enhance the crowd noise. It always seems strange hearing fans that you can’t see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Yep, whilst London and us have both been cheering the other dropping unexpected points, Birmingham have been coming up on the rails. London could well finish third in a two horse race.

Maybe. The worst case scenario would be Birmingham win their 2 games (Durham Home & Away), whilst we don't win against Charlton. Birmingham would then have the chance to nick 1st place by beating us. Fingers crossed Durham do us a favour at least in one of their 2 games against Brum.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, winsleyred said:

Do we ever win when the games are at the gate?

Not this season, drew with Southampton 1-1, lost to Birmingham 0-1 (and lost to Man City).

Would have thought it would be good for the girls to have a training session at the Gate prior to the Charlton game. I'm guessing the AG pitch may be bigger dimensions than the HTC?

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Not this season, drew with Southampton 1-1, lost to Birmingham 0-1 (and lost to Man City).

Would have thought it would be good for the girls to have a training session at the Gate prior to the Charlton game. I'm guessing the AG pitch may be bigger dimensions than the HTC?

If it weren't for the men's game against Rotherham on Saturday, I'd believe that would have been possible. And from what I understand, I thought the show/main pitch at the RHPC has the same dimensions...

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Blimey that's been well hidden 

I wonder if the club will be offering refunds to those unknowingly paying full price? 

Been sent out to all supporters over the last few weeks. In plain sight. Anyway to we want WSL or do we want it cheap.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Blimey that's been well hidden 

I wonder if the club will be offering refunds to those unknowingly paying full price? 

I also received this but it said it was only sent to me as I am a season ticket holder for the men’s team. 
even more reason to get a season ticket :laugh:!

16 minutes ago, miser said:

Been sent out to all supporters over the last few weeks. In plain sight. Anyway to we want WSL or do we want it cheap.

Yep - I've received it three times - 23 February, 13 April and today as well as a different code from Bristol Sport Foundation on 23 March.

There was also a discount code included in the email sent to Arnold Clark Cup attendees after the event.

Edited by View from the Dolman

• Admin
7 minutes ago, miser said:

Maybe sent to supporters who have expressed an interest in the women's team. I've had multiple mails maybe as a season ticket holder. Anyway it's a bargain at full price anyway. Title decider.

I get all the other emails about the women's team

But like you say a bargain at the original price. 

I wonder how close it is to another part of the ground being opened? 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes. The Dolman tickets only entitle you to watch the first 80 minutes of any game. 

I've always stayed to the end, but I've never been asked for any additional fees. Should I keep quiet or come clean? And now that I know, I'll feel obliged to leave early v Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've always stayed to the end, but I've never been asked for any additional fees. Should I keep quiet or come clean? And now that I know, I'll feel obliged to leave early v Rotherham.

If I were you I'd tot up the total number of extra minutes you've quite clearly watched fraudulently and miss the last 2 home games altogether. Even it out, if you were. Then start afresh next season, leaving your seat on 75mins & slowly edging your way out. 

• Haha 2