IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

I know it's not strictly that important now we are champions, but I want to see the girls put in a proper shift today. Start like we mean to go on, finish like we mean to go on! Besides, Brum did us on our turf so let's settle that today.

COYR!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

FT 2-0. Our girls were the better side in 2nd half, without managing to create any clear-cut chances.

Perhaps a “good” result in a way, as shows we really need 3 or 4 quality signings to improve that side to have any chance of staying in the WSL.

I think that’ll be 5 to 6 to be frank and that will be just to survive.

A lot of hard work on physicality and fitness required on the squad over the Summer. The next league up is for elite athletes, as well as quality footballers. Think we’re some way off tbh. 

Clicked on the match report , main headline on the OS. 

I would love to know how that can even happen

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-birmingham-city-2-0-bristol-city/

Banner image

REPORT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 2-0 BRISTOL CITY

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH 2012

City suffered a sixth straight defeat as Birmingham ran out comfortable winners at St Andrew’s. 

Chris Burke opened the scoring just before the hour mark after the hosts had squandered a series of chances, before Marlon King put the result beyond doubt with a well-taken second. 

Blues manager Lee Clark will feel the margin of victory should have been greater, not least after an excellent penalty save from Dean Gerken low to his right to deny Peter Lovenkrands when substitute Martyn Woolford brought down Burke in stoppage time. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Clicked on the match report , main headline on the OS. 

I would love to know how that can even happen

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-birmingham-city-2-0-bristol-city/

Banner image

REPORT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 2-0 BRISTOL CITY

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH 2012

City suffered a sixth straight defeat as Birmingham ran out comfortable winners at St Andrew’s.

I saw that last night. Checked again just now & link is working...

Club have announced that Aimee Palmer, club captain, has left BCWFC by mutual consent. 

https://twitter.com/bristolcitywfc/status/1652968603577384961

While her inswinging corners were a sight to behold (think I saw her score directly from three of them), her injuries this season curtailed her influence on the side. Still one of the players I love to watch and she'll be missed. 

Good luck Aimee. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 3

I know it's the end of the season so some departures would be announced. Wasn't expecting Aimee to be one of them!

I remember when she signed her new one-year contract during last season, there was a clause that an extension could be triggered if WSL promotion was sealed. So she leaves technically as a free agent.

I was at the Birmingham game yesterday, and she (alongside Elysia Boddy) were sat in the away section - a few rows in front of us. At the time I thought it seemed strange that they weren't in or near the dugout (which for some reason was closer to the home sections side, and Birmingham's was closer to ours...). But perhaps moments like this (and not being named captain in recent fixtures) puts some things into perspective.

Aimee has tweeted the below:

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

And the exodus continues with Chloe Bull, Lia Cataldo, Jodie Hutton and Lily Greenslade all released too.

Surprised that both Hutton & Cataldo are going, that leaves us a bit short on the left hand side. I'd have kept Cataldo, I think. Greenslade couldn't force her way into the first team at Championship level so her cards were already marked & Chloe Bull's been absent a bit lately though again, I'd have probably offered her another 12 months. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-confirm-released-list/

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

And the exodus continues with Chloe Bull, Lia Cataldo, Jodie Hutton and Lily Greenslade all released too.

Surprised that both Hutton & Cataldo are going, that leaves us a bit short on the left hand side. I'd have kept Cataldo, I think. Greenslade couldn't force her way into the first team at Championship level so her cards were already marked & Chloe Bull's been absent a bit lately though again, I'd have probably offered her another 12 months. 

Completely agree with you. Although Chloe Bull has, as you've shared, got a new job now with the FAW.

Can only hope their replacements will be what the club need to compete & stay in the WSL - not that most of these released players couldn't 

10 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Completely agree with you. Although Chloe Bull has, as you've shared, got a new job now with the FAW.

Can only hope their replacements will be what the club need to compete & stay in the WSL - not that most of these released players couldn't 

Does anyone know if Lia Cataldo is related to Vito Cataldo ?

58 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Does anyone know if Lia Cataldo is related to Vito Cataldo ?

I don't know who that is. I've see some of her family at home games at the RHPC & of all the relatives I know (of), none had that name.

Currently, she still appears on the Bristol Sport shop website with George Tanner...

513.jpg

Edited by shahanshahan

My photos from Sunday. The seating behind the dugouts at St Andrews is...interesting.
Had a bit of an adventure before the game. Was told by the steward at one car park (where the (Bristol Bears) team bus was) to park in the Kop Stand car park, then drove there & the steward there said it was home fans only, so then found street parking somewhere else.

And then had to find a ticket office to get my ticket reprinted as it never came in the post. Was hoping for the football to put me in a better mood ?

Nice to get everyone that featured on the poster to sign my copy (apart from Lily Greenslade, who was with Plymouth yesterday...)

DSC_1852.JPG

DSC_1853.JPG

DSC_1854.JPG

DSC_1855.JPG

DSC_1856.JPG

DSC_1857.JPG

DSC_1858.JPG

DSC_1859.JPG

DSC_1860.JPG

DSC_1861.JPG

DSC_1862.JPG

DSC_1863.JPG

DSC_1864.JPG

DSC_1865.JPG

DSC_1866.JPG

DSC_1867.JPG

DSC_1868.JPG

DSC_1869.JPG

DSC_1870.JPG

DSC_1871.JPG

DSC_1872.JPG

DSC_1873.JPG

DSC_1874.JPG

DSC_1875.JPG

DSC_1876.JPG

Bristol City Women 2022-23 Champions poster.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

I don't know who that is. I've see some of her family at home games at the RHPC & of all the relatives I know (of), none had that name.

Currently, she still appears on the Bristol Sport shop website with George Tanner...

513.jpg

I used to play football with Vito when growing up in Nailsea.  He was a very good player and ended up as an apprentice at Sunderland from memory.  Just wondered as it is an unusual surname.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I don't think we have been near ruthless enough. Jaz Bull, Vicki Bruce, Woolley not in my opinion good enough for WSL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Off subject but a crowd of over 60k at the Emirates tonight for the CL SF.

As I live in London I decided to go and it was great..

Arsenal very unlucky to lose in the 119th min. Shame but does make me a bit nervous for next season! 

• Like 3

Really sad news that Aimee Palmer is not going to be part of the future. A hugely influential player and the heart of the departing season's midfield. Hope she will enjoy whatever she will do (coaching?) and the club will be forever indebted for her efforts. I remember her coming through as a youngster and mixing it with the WSL of the day, thinking she could be part of the new generation. It was a circuitous route but one City have benefited from.

Also sad to see the others leave, Cataldo especially. Although not quite such a higher level of involvment on gamedays, they were nevertheless part of a Championship winning side.

We sit and wait for more news, which I suspect will be happening over the summer if it's regarding new arrivals.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

fair point I don't know, I thought it was commonplace outside of the WSL to only issue 1 year contracts, but I could be wrong.

Attended fans forum at the club. Got impression very few were on multi year contracts. My guess Harrison and Bentley at a minimum. Unlikely to too be many more.

• Like 3