IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

• Admin
38 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Unlike the 2 earlier ones (Syme & Mustaki), I can't see Jazz Bull being good enough for WSL and would have released her.

Maybe they see enough "Potential" to keep her inhouse hence the option for the additional year

I am intrigued who will be the first of new incomings to see if it sets a tone for the level / quality of player we are looking to bring in

• Like 1

Is this because the club already has a good idea of who are staying, who are due to go and perhaps have some indication of new players coming in? Are we that organised this early after the season? I suspect the 'pipeline' is going to be longer than that.

Personally, I would expect the club to bend over backwards for the likes of Fran Bentley, Abi Harrison and would have done so for Aimee Palmer had she not left. There is a good core of current players who will be keen to stay and prove themselves in the WSL, which is good but the step up will be a real test.

Early days yet for new arrivals, so we'll wait a while. I dare say the released lists from the other clubs will be examined in detail by all the clubs.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 23:29, Erithacus said:

Personally, I would expect the club to bend over backwards for the likes of Fran Bentley, Abi Harrison and would have done so for Aimee Palmer had she not left. There is a good core of current players who will be keen to stay and prove themselves in the WSL, which is good but the step up will be a real test.

Early days yet for new arrivals, so we'll wait a while. I dare say the released lists from the other clubs will be examined in detail by all the clubs.

I believe Bentley is still under contract, I have a feeling Abi's contract extension will be or has been triggered. As for Palmer (and I think I mentioned it before), she was sat away from the dugout alongside Boddy (who also eventually left) at the final game away at Birmingham. Don't know if there was some fallout or difference of opinion, but that's partly why there was no new contract for Palmer.

8 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Chloe Mustaki has become an ambassador for Irish charity Breakthrough Cancer Research. Very humbling, given her circumstances of being diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 19 and going on to survive

As someone who is also a cancer survivor (kidney) I congratulate Chloe on her appointment and wish her every success in the role. 

• Like 1

Appreciate what you say, OE, but I think the club sees some potential that Jesse still hasn't reached as yet - she's still only 22. Hope she will reward everyone (especially herself) and can push on next season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

and now Fran is the latest to confirm her two year extension 

Serious question, who is left to be announced? 

The club are certainly dragging out these contract signings 

20230614_173851.jpg

Just giving each their 15 minutes of fame / limelight.

• Like 1

Interesting it's been worded as a new contract as opposed to an extension - maybe it's better terms she has now. She was already under contract until 2024 but am glad she's committed to another year

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

Serious question, who is left to be announced? 

The club are certainly dragging out these contract signings 

As far as I can recall - Vicky Bruce, Brooke Aspin (she'll be 18 this summer so can sign professional deal), Maddi Wilde, Liv Clark

Mari Ward, Tianna Teisar, Erin Foley are still academy players.

Grace Clinton & Gracie Pearse were loan players but will be interesting to see if their parent clubs will keep them, loan them out again or let them sign for City (or anyone else)

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, miser said:

There was a comment by Vicky on a media piece prior to the end of the season which implied that she would be here next season playing at the Gate. Kinda implied that something contractual was already in place. 

I would assume that these deals being announced now were actually signed before they all went on holiday

Like mentioned above it is all about giving each player their 15 minutes of time in the spotlight

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

I think this may be Anita Asante's position.

The only other staff change I'm aware of (as well as Grace Williams leaving as GM) is Dan Smith who is leaving as Head of Goalkeeping

She did seem to be on TV many times we had games 

9 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

I'm sure most of us here already have their season tickets renewed, but the prices are going up on Monday July 31st - even before the season has started!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-advanced-price-deadline/

Any idea whether these games will be played Sundays, or moved to other days/midweek? And also, when are the fixtures for next season released? Thanking you in advance

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Any idea whether these games will be played Sundays, or moved to other days/midweek? And also, when are the fixtures for next season released? Thanking you in advance

Games are meant to be played on Sunday afternoon, but given the TV deal for the WSL, you can see games moved to Friday nights, Saturday midday(?), Sunday midday(?) or even Sunday evenings if selected for TV.

Not sure about fixture announcement but I expect once the EFL ones are done next week, then the women's leagues can work out the fixtures - especially for the benefit of those teams that share grounds

2 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Games are meant to be played on Sunday afternoon, but given the TV deal for the WSL, you can see games moved to Friday nights, Saturday midday(?), Sunday midday(?) or even Sunday evenings if selected for TV.

Not sure about fixture announcement but I expect once the EFL ones are done next week, then the women's leagues can work out the fixtures - especially for the benefit of those teams that share grounds

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that (fitting in with or around the blokes' games), you are good at this. Keep postin'

• Like 1