IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

1 hour ago, Parkwaymom said:

I’m guessing we won’t get picked for tv much. Possibly at home to top 3 or 4 for the benefit of their supporters who won’t travel in numbers. Might have to accommodate rugby once or twice though. 

I know a fair few Man City/Arsenal supporters who are annoyed that their games get moved for TV, especially if it's an early or late kick off away which would cause travel issues for some. Also, the potential clash with their men's teams playing in Premier League games on Sundays - we don't have that issue just yet...

23 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Being reported that Brooke Aspin will shortky sign for Chelsea when she turns 18. Deal being worked out that would see her loaned back for the 2023/24 season. 

Saw this news as well. Although the article I saw did not definitely say she'd be loaned back, but rather loaned out (most likely to City).

I think it's a great move that I'd like to see for Brooke eventually - but she wouldn't get into the Chelsea first team right now. And Emma Hayes has been known for the ridiculous squad depth & loaning out other players 

Edited by shahanshahan

For those that still follow the careers of former City players - Meaghan Sargeant has been forced to retire from football due to injury, and Gemma Evans has been linked with a move to Manchester United away from Reading (who have announced that Kelly Chambers is leaving after 20 years at the club)

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Being reported that Brooke Aspin will shortky sign for Chelsea when she turns 18. Deal being worked out that would see her loaned back for the 2023/24 season. 

As she was only an academy player, hopefully this new move means that City would get compensation if she moves to another club..

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting to hear that Newcastle women are going full time.. Nothing odd in that itself but they are in the third tier 

Wonder if that’s a concerted push, but also a proactive measure to ensure the transition required for Tier 2 and full-time is made easier.  No point getting promotion with a team of players who’ve no intention of going full-time…and then needing a complete re-build.  It is of course a gamble, but I like the intention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting to hear that Newcastle women are going full time.. Nothing odd in that itself but they are in the third tier 

Got promoted to National League North last season. Will be the first third-tier team to go professional since Fulham in the 2000s, although they had to revert a couple of years later.

Interesting things happening in the North East with Durham training full-time, Sunderland having a hybrid model, and Boro now affiliated with the main men's club...

Some of the players will be there before the film screenings. And those going get a chance to access the stadium through the players entrance at Ashton Gate, a walk into the changing rooms, come out the tunnel before heading off to watch the film

Thursday 17th August, as part of Bristol Film Festival.

I'm going as I love the film (even before I got into City/football)! Anyone else here plan on going?

• Admin
On 14/06/2023 at 18:30, shahanshahan said:

Interesting it's been worded as a new contract as opposed to an extension - maybe it's better terms she has now. She was already under contract until 2024 but am glad she's committed to another year

As far as I can recall - Vicky Bruce, Brooke Aspin (she'll be 18 this summer so can sign professional deal), Maddi Wilde, Liv Clark

I notice that Vicky is still on holiday in America, did she not get kept on? 

On 29/06/2023 at 05:05, phantom said:

I notice that Vicky is still on holiday in America, did she not get kept on? 

In my opinion Vicky Bruce is nowhere near good enough to play at WSL level.

Concerning that we are yet to strengthen the team at all, will make all last season's hard work almost pointless if we don't bring in at least 3 quality players to be able to compete in the WSL. 

I suspect that there are lots of conversations going on with womens contracts still painfully short and with the season still some way off, there is no great rush.

Probably nothing in it but Abi Harrison and Ella Powell both liked this tweet.

Whether the likes mean anything or not, twitter tells me lots and lots of players are currently deciding their futures.

• Like 1