IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

• Admin
41 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How come the Leicester scorer of their second goal was able to push over the marking City defender before heading into the net?

I think you meant the third goal 

Didn't look a foul to me, our defender was already in a poor position and was off balance - needs to be much stronger

• Hmmm 1

On 01/10/2023 at 19:57, cidercity1987 said:

What's the story with Palmer? Very strange that she would move to our direct relegation rivals

She left at the end of last season. Her contract was up, even though she had a clause that an extension could be triggered if WSL promotion was secured (Abi Harrison had the same clause in her contract, but signed a new one instead). Didn't sign for Leicester until August

She was club captain, but didn't wear the armband for the last few games. Didn't even get to lift the trophy with back-up captain Bentley. Was left out of the squad for the last game against Birmingham despite no injury concerns.

Think there may have been something behind the scenes, but I'm not involved on that side of things & don't want to speculate on rumour

• Thanks 1

Because it's at the RHPC, season tickets can't be used. Therefore, ST holders have to "claim" their free ticket to print themselves. Claims can be made from today & up until 2pm this Friday.

ST holders will be sent links via email.
Match tickets as per normal now on sale.

Parking available at QEH for free, first come first served. No info yet on a matchday bus service

Edited by shahanshahan

On 29/09/2023 at 11:56, shahanshahan said:

The football club are surveying fans about potential coach travel for the first away fixture against Tottenham on Sunday October 8th - at Brisbane Road.

Supporters that want to travel to the fixture to please fill out the survey in the link below by Sunday 8pm

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/city-women-coach-to-spurs-survey/

Coach tickets for Spurs away on Sunday is now on sale. The club have advised supporters to book until 2pm on Thursday so that it will definitely run 🤷‍♂️

(Refunds will be issued in case it doesn't)

Supporters should not yet book match tickets yet until the coach is confirmed. Spurs are apparently handling away tickets for all their women's fixtures, and block A seems the best option...

• Like 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Coach tickets for Spurs away on Sunday is now on sale. The club have advised supporters to book until 2pm on Thursday so that it will definitely run 🤷‍♂️

(Refunds will be issued in case it doesn't)

Supporters should not yet book match tickets yet until the coach is confirmed. Spurs are apparently handling away tickets for all their women's fixtures, and block A seems the best option...

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you mean the club have advised supporters to book before 2pm on Thursday

The other thing only don't buy tickets if they are only able to get to the game via the coach

Any indication on how many the club are looking for to make the coach run?

On the basis it is a low % that use CATS for the mens fixtures I hope there is enough interest for those that rely on the coach to get to games

What is piss poor from the club is that they announce this coach running on the Tuesday and want numbers booked basically within 48 hours - I would imagine anyone planning on going would have sorted their travel plans by now. I can't imagine many people leave it until 5 days before a game to arrange travel to a game.

Going forward they need to make plans for away coaches a couple of weeks in advance, but can imagine if anyone does book for Sunday and it does get cancelled Thursday afternoon they will be put off booking again for fear of it being cancelled at short notice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you mean the club have advised supporters to book before 2pm on Thursday

The other thing only don't buy tickets if they are only able to get to the game via the coach

Any indication on how many the club are looking for to make the coach run?

On the basis it is a low % that use CATS for the mens fixtures I hope there is enough interest for those that rely on the coach to get to games

What is piss poor from the club is that they announce this coach running on the Tuesday and want numbers booked basically within 48 hours - I would imagine anyone planning on going would have sorted their travel plans by now. I can't imagine many people leave it until 5 days before a game to arrange travel to a game.

Going forward they need to make plans for away coaches a couple of weeks in advance, but can imagine if anyone does book for Sunday and it does get cancelled Thursday afternoon they will be put off booking again for fear of it being cancelled at short notice.

There's not much I can say, especially on a public forum, but it's a learning curve for everyone involved. I am surprised with how long it has taken for everything to be set-up, considering that the SC&T did hand over full control of all away coach travel to the club

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Because it's at the RHPC, season tickets can't be used. Therefore, ST holders have to "claim" their free ticket to print themselves. Claims can be made from today & up until 2pm this Friday.

ST holders will be sent links via email.
Match tickets as per normal now on sale.

Parking available at QEH for free, first come first served. No info yet on a matchday bus service

Not only is this a pretty short time frame but the link on the email on my computer gets me a 404 error and on the phone repeatedly requests I prove I'm not a robot without giving an option to do so. At the moment everything around the womens' side of things feels like last minute crisis management.

• Sad 1

On 03/10/2023 at 19:56, Parkwaymom said:

Not only is this a pretty short time frame but the link on the email on my computer gets me a 404 error and on the phone repeatedly requests I prove I'm not a robot without giving an option to do so. At the moment everything around the womens' side of things feels like last minute crisis management.

How has your attempt to get a ticket now? When I got mine, it took me to the game, I selected an adult ticket price then when I clicked continue (or whatever it was) then the price went down to £0 as a ST holder

9 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

How has your attempt to get a ticket now? When I got mine, it took me to the game, I selected an adult ticket price then when I clicked continue (or whatever it was) then the price went down to £0 as a ST holder

Once I realised it was just meant to take you to the tickets page, I signed in as if I was going to get a men’s ticket, went to the women’s section and selected the ticket and the price went to zero at checkout. As I’ve started Covid symptoms that another family member already has, we wait to see whether I’m actually fit to attend by then. Fingers crossed. 🤞 

6 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

Once I realised it was just meant to take you to the tickets page, I signed in as if I was going to get a men’s ticket, went to the women’s section and selected the ticket and the price went to zero at checkout. As I’ve started Covid symptoms that another family member already has, we wait to see whether I’m actually fit to attend by then. Fingers crossed. 🤞 

Glad you got your ticket sorted. And hope you get well soon!