IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Interesting graphic; nice one, Shahanshahan.

It's nice to see but I'll be more content at the end of the season. I also assume this is for league games only, not cup or European stuff. It may eventually point to Ashton Gate being the second home of the Lionesses. Still it does show that playing at the Gate has proved very popular. Also note that the Gate is the highest ranked single venue - almost all the other teams have a choice of two.

Edited by Erithacus
extra
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 16:37, Erithacus said:

Interesting graphic; nice one, Shahanshahan.

It's nice to see but I'll be more content at the end of the season. I also assume this is for league games only, not cup or European stuff. It may eventually point to Ashton Gate being the second home of the Lionesses. Still it does show that playing at the Gate has proved very popular. Also note that the Gate is the highest ranked single venue - almost all the other teams have a choice of two.

From what I saw from soccerdonna.de (where the graphic is from), I think the stats were for league games only, so didn't include any cup games at the RHPC

Also, you can just call me Shahan 😂

Edited by shahanshahan

WSL fixture at home to Liverpool on Sunday April 21st has been moved forward a day to Saturday 20th due to Bristol Bears having a game selected for TV.

As it stands, this will cause a clash for some supporters, as the men's team are away to Norwich City on the 20th

Edited by shahanshahan

Former London City Lionesses Shae Yanez has become the team's first signing of the transfer window, joining from San Diego Wave. A transfer fee was paid.

An impressive signing, but unless something has happened to Liv Clark, Benedicte Haaland and/or Fran Bentley on her recovery, I have no idea why we have yet another goalkeeper.

20240105_190147.jpg

West Ham recognising the worth of staying in the WSL when the Women's game is still on the up. These are exactly the pedigree of signings we should be making...

West Ham have signed Australia midfielder Katrina Gorry, capped 105 times, from Swedish side Vittsjo GIK. Gorry becomes West Ham's third January signing following the arrivals of United States midfielder Kristie Mewis, capped 53 times, and experienced WSL Canadian defender Shelina Zadorsky on loan from Spurs.

... but will our blinkered board fund our survival bid?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

The career paths of some of these women is crazy. Millwall to San Diego for 6 months to Bristol City.

Sumut happen at San Diego?

I haven't heard London City referred to as Millwall in ages. That made me chuckle 😂

I don't follow the NWSL but I probably assume she didn't get much game time. But I'm guessing she wanted to swap one LA (somewhere in the same state as Los Angeles) for another LA (playing near Long Ashton). I'll get my coat...

On 26/07/2023 at 07:39, shahanshahan said:

Eliot Caton announced as left the club to join London City Lionesses

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/eliot-caton-6a254124_i-am-pleased-to-announce-i-have-joined-the-activity-7149380363394457600-UAmr

"I am pleased to announce I have joined the new journey of London City Lionesses as it becomes part of the Washington Spirit and Olympic Lyonnais Feminin family. A role closer to home and one I can play an integral part in its evolution under the ownership and guidance of Michele Kang!"

On 07/01/2024 at 20:04, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Another ACL injury in the WSL - Sam Kerr of Chelsea 

Massive. Could be a big blow in Chelsea's chances of retaining the title.

Also means that she won't play again under Emma Hayes as she's leaving in the summer.

It also means that she won't face off against her fiancée Kristie Mewis when their respective clubs play each other in the FA Cup this weekend - which is what some fans (based on what I've seen online anyway) were looking forward to when Mewis joined West Ham

On 06/01/2024 at 07:22, old_eastender said:

West Ham recognising the worth of staying in the WSL when the Women's game is still on the up. These are exactly the pedigree of signings we should be making...

West Ham have signed Australia midfielder Katrina Gorry, capped 105 times, from Swedish side Vittsjo GIK. Gorry becomes West Ham's third January signing following the arrivals of United States midfielder Kristie Mewis, capped 53 times, and experienced WSL Canadian defender Shelina Zadorsky on loan from Spurs.

... but will our blinkered board fund our survival bid?

This is the bit that I don’t get. It’s only 1 down and 1 up with the WSL. Getting promoted is the hard part, staying there should be a lot easier, especially as the wages and fees in the WSL are so small by comparison with the men’s game. Seems dreadfully short-sighted by Bristol Sport, especially given the increased attendances at AG for games in the WSL, but hey that’s never stopped them for making poor decisions before…

• Like 3

On 05/01/2024 at 14:18, shahanshahan said:

WSL fixture at home to Liverpool on Sunday April 21st has been moved forward a day to Saturday 20th due to Bristol Bears having a game selected for TV.

As it stands, this will cause a clash for some supporters, as the men's team are away to Norwich City on the 20th

Thanks. They haven't bothered to tell the actual rugby fans that though!

• Haha 1

Has anyone got a contact email/number for women's team? I received three parcels today addressed to Fran Bentley, Rachel Furness and Jess Simpson c/o Bristol City WFC but with my home address on them 😲 I was club secretary for the original Bristol City WFC which might explain it but that was over 20 years ago!!

Maybe @shahanshahan can help??

Edited by Chessels Chick
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Has anyone got a contact email/number for women's team? I received three parcels today addressed to Fran Bentley, Rachel Furness and Jess Simpson c/o Bristol City WFC but with my home address on them 😲 I was club secretary for the original Bristol City WFC which might explain it but that was over 20 years ago!!

Maybe @shahanshahan can help??

I'll message you

• Thanks 1

Aston Villa away match & coach tickets go on sale from Thursday at 2pm.

With the men's game against Leeds United being moved to Friday 2nd February, there is no longer a clash with this fixture

Coach is organised by the SC&T & football club, with tickets only £16

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/aston-villa-women-away-set-for-priority-sale/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Aston Villa away match & coach tickets go on sale from Thursday at 2pm.

The Bescot is 20 minutes drive from where I live so I've been looking forward to this one since the fixtures came out. Hoping to get 4 tickets for the family.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

The Bescot is 20 minutes drive from where I live so I've been looking forward to this one since the fixtures came out. Hoping to get 4 tickets for the family.

Amazing! I've been looking forward to this fixture as well - Villa are geographically City's nearest rivals in the WSL.
Had they not been relegated, it would have been Reading...

Also, the Bescot is a new ground for me to cross off; I never got to see City men play away at Walsall

45 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Also, the Bescot is a new ground for me to cross off; I never got to see City men play away at Walsall

It's a tidy little ground with decent transport links and parking. It can take an age to get served in the ground if you want a half time pie and a bovril though. There are some reasonable pubs if you fancy a pre-match drink in Walsall town centre which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium. There's not a lot around the stadium itself except a McDonalds.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1