IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Seriously lacking enough real quality across the team 

Sadly effort won't win you games at that level 

Do you still disagree? 

I see where you are coming from but i'll remain optimistic for the time being.

I do agree that City need to bring quality in and soon. A win next week against the Hammers would be a massive help of course, let's see where we are a week from now. 

• Like 2

On 21/01/2024 at 14:32, TinMan's left peg said:

Is there a live Ska band in the stadium?! 

DSC_5290.JPG

They were playing music before the game; didn't expect them to turn up during the game. But they were in the corner opposite us...

On 21/01/2024 at 14:35, phantom said:

Thought it funny the commentator said City fans were probably put off travelling due to not getting home before gales hit... 

I am guessing the commentator didn't realise that there was a supporters coach on from Bristol & back, and that public transport links between Bristol & Crawley are virtually non-existent

On 21/01/2024 at 16:06, miser said:

And the supporters coach has broken down. Not a good day.

@miser you forgot to follow up that the coach was up & running again about 10 minutes later 😆

On 21/01/2024 at 17:16, Coach said:

Not able to watch today. How did the new keeper do? Can’t see why Clark deserved to be dropped tbh

I thought Yanez had a good game (as did former City goalkeeper Sophie Baggaley, who of course is at Brighton now). Clark wasn't dropped, she had a collision at the last time & got replaced by Benedicte Haaland (who has since joined Southampton, as announced today). Clark is back in the squad but probably not fully fit to start yet. She could be back before Bentley is

Edited by shahanshahan

Sunday was my first time at Crawley since the final day of the 2013/14 season where City men draw 1-1 with Crawley Town but all the away fans were celebrating the Gas being relegated out of the Football League.

Nearly ten years later; and pretty much sat in the same block as I was back then; a great away day was ruined by Brighton getting their first home win since May 2023, and former City academy product Katie Robinson getting her first goal of the season. A lot of the fans were following the West Ham v Tottenham match on the journey back.

Doing a @Never to the dark side style post & sharing photos from my travels on Sunday..

DSC_5284.JPG

DSC_5286.JPG

DSC_5287.JPG

DSC_5288.JPG

DSC_5289.JPG

DSC_5291.JPG

DSC_5292.JPG

DSC_5294.JPG

DSC_5295.JPG

DSC_5296.JPG

DSC_5297.JPG

DSC_5298.JPG

DSC_5299.JPG

DSC_5300.JPG

DSC_5301.JPG

DSC_5302.JPG

DSC_5303.JPG

DSC_5304.JPG

DSC_5305.JPG

DSC_5306.JPG

DSC_5307.JPG

DSC_5308.JPG

DSC_5309.JPG

DSC_5310.JPG

DSC_5311.JPG

DSC_5312.JPG

• Like 5

Tickets & coach travel for Leicester City away on Sunday 18th February go on sale tomorrow.

Tickets & coach travel for Aston Villa away on Saturday 3rd February are still on sale, with the coach being upgraded due to popular demand

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/leicester-city-women-away-on-sale/

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

All WSL games on the final day of the season will kick off at the same time. 3pm on Saturday 18 May (Premier Leagues games are on the following Sunday, and the regular season in the Sky Bet Championship would have finished by then)

City are at home to Everton that day

https://womensleagues.thefa.com/final-day-kick-off-times-confirmed/

2 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Anyone else saw this briefly thinking she signed a new five-year contract when in fact she's just been at the club for five years?

GEoNV_zW8AExZjs?format=jpg&name=medium

My first impression was new signing to get us off the bottom, but sadly no.

19 hours ago, old_eastender said:

@shahanshahan have you seen this Lisa Evans play, is she any good? better than Morgan?

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Nothing to get remotely excited about here... 

Two goals since the January 2023 

Yep, she was in the West Ham squad that played City in November. Looked alright in that game.

She hasn't played much for the Hammers recently & apparently fell out of favour there

No questions asked about Lisa Evans, so am guessing this press conference took place yesterday before her signing was announced.

Great takeaway from the conference is that Lauren has confirmed that Sarah Stratigakis is available for contention this Sunday

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smiths-west-ham-press-conference-2/

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Yep, she was in the West Ham squad that played City in November. Looked alright in that game.

She hasn't played much for the Hammers recently & apparently fell out of favour there

Have to say, I find it an underwhelming transfer, she is 31 and her best years are behind her. Was hoping for another signing of the calibre of Stratigakis. Still maybe Evans will hit the winner against her old club and leave egg on my face!

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 21:44, Hamdon Mart said:

I wonder if the idea is to push Ffion Morgan further forward into attack so that Lisa Evans slots in to right midfield. 

In her interview Lisa says she's a winger who likes to go past defenders.

• Like 1

Season ticket holders were given two free tickets for this Sunday's game. I forgot to claim mine, so if anyone wants them, let me know, and I can book them for you if I email them over to you. Seats will probably be in the Dolman as there aren't two seats together available in the Lansdown

Edited by shahanshahan

On 14/01/2024 at 10:20, shahanshahan said:

This is happening today in the SC&T Bar ahead of KO. 11am to 12.30pm. For anyone here that are also collectors

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/barclays-wsl-panini-sticker-swaps-jan2024/

There was due to be a similar event in the SC&T bar ahead of the West Ham game, but after discussions with the football club, this has been cancelled.
The football club are doing their own event in the South Stand concourse from 12:30pm
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/panini-x-bristol-city-wfc/

Getting ready for today's game. Although it's only just into the second half of the season (so mathematics are yet to be relevant and I hate to use the term but...) today's game seems like a Must Win. It may well be a crucial point in City's tenure. Hoping the new recruits will be able to lift the team to victory.

COYR

• Like 1

HT 0-1. After having most of the possession for the first 10-12 mins, since the goal WH have been much the better side.

Their keeper has not had a serious shot to save, nor have we even managed to win a corner since the 1st minute.

As it stands can only see WH increasing their lead. Massive improvement needed 2nd half, if we are to get back into this game. No idea why Stratigakis hasn't started, or why Morgan has again been left out, as her pace is a great asset.

Edited by old_eastender

Women vs Girls. 

We don’t look very good, not even very fit. The West Ham player for their goal could have written their autobiography, cooked lunch and would have still had the time to have placed their shot without being challenged.

Perhaps, we’re lulling West Ham into a sense of false security and will come out like lions in the second half. 

Predict 4-1 City