IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

On 13/02/2024 at 16:53, Eco said:

Abi played against England, thought she did OK when she was on the pitch. Good to see three City players though.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smiths-leicester-city-press-conference/

Lauren Smith's press conference has just come out, which mentions that Abi didn't get a call-up due to picking up an ankle injury last week (therefore won't be available this weekend).
She also confirmed that there was an in-house game played last week, which included some academy players.
Also, Sarah Stratigakis is out for this week due to illness, and everyone else still injured (Fran Bentley, Satara Murray, Rachel Furness etc) are still injured

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smiths-leicester-city-press-conference/

Lauren Smith's press conference has just come out, which mentions that Abi didn't get a call-up due to picking up an ankle injury last week.
She also confirmed that there was an in-house game played last week, which included some academy players.
Also, Sarah Stratigakis is out for this week due to illness, and everyone else still injured (Fran Bentley, Satara Murray, Rachel Furness etc) are still injured

Abi out until after the break. Lauren talked about changing the shape of the side over the season using as an example Megan Connolly moving into midfield. Not sure about that, based on what I saw in the Villa game, think she's a better defender. Embarrassment of riches at centre half with Connolly, Aspin & Layzell.

35 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

City Women Fans Forum finally announced. Lauren Smith & Gavin Marshall will be taking questions from supporters.
Monday 4th March, 6:30pm, in the Supporters Club & Trust Bar.
Free tickets available to book

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/book-your-seat-at-our-womens-fans-forum/

Hope someone asks about the lack of investment to improve the squad to give us a better chance of staying in the WSL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, phantom said:

Awful first 20 minutes, can't keep hold of the ball or make any simple passes 

Fortunately Leicester are as deadly in front of goal as their mens team were yesterday 

Yep. cool finish 1-0 up now. Need more of the ball to prevent defeat though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly showing why we're rock bottom 

At least they're still 'giving it a go' I suppose. I do feel sorry for them, and I don't for one minute think they'll find it quite as easy next season back in the Championship as they did before. So well done all involved in 'investing' in our women's team. I don't really think it will be any different if the men's team ever get promoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

At least they're still 'giving it a go' I suppose. I do feel sorry for them, and I don't for one minute think they'll find it quite as easy next season back in the Championship as they did before. So well done all involved in 'investing' in our women's team. I don't really think it will be any different if the men's team ever get promoted.

They've given it a go all season, so admirable, but don't have the quality sadly. I live in hope they'll snatch an equaliser in this game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

They've given it a go all season, so admirable, but don't have the quality sadly. I live in hope they'll snatch an equaliser in this game.

I know I'm a not a big spender, but I just put 22p on them at 7-1 for a draw.

Edited by Sleepy1968
Oh dear! 4-2 down.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Awful display, nowhere near good enough 

Not impressed with Smith sat on the bench as the last subs were being made 

She looks defeated and sending the completely wrong message to the team 

Why Lauren thinks Megan Connolly is a midfielder I have no idea. Depressing defeat, could have been worse. Hope we can pull out a result v Brighton 🤞