IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

• Admin
3 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Must be very disheartening to be involved in a team where you pretty much know you’re going to lose most fixtures because you can’t compete. 
     Has  anyone ever put it to the owner why he doesn’t seem bothered about having successful teams playing in the shiny infrastructure.

Another thing we chased promotion for a couple of seasons, we were pushing Liverpool a couple of seasons ago before fading away badly towards the end of the season 

Last year, we pushed on through this period and gained a really hard fought promotion 

Look at how Liverpool built their side to what we've done, absolutely chalk and cheese 

Looking at the Championship we'll have to be on top of our game all season to even be challenging 

I have a horrible feeling this is going to put us back many years 

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It seems a strange way to operate. The women are pulling in some decent crowds which must generate some decent revenue,

Relegation will massively impact that revenue 

We've definitely ridden the crest of the Lionesses doing well and worked hard to get decent crowds in. 

In hindsight looking at our home record does the away side raise their game more playing in a large stadium with decent crowds? 

The club will have to work really hard to get supporters to continue watching if they switch back to the HPC 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Another thing we chased promotion for a couple of seasons, we were pushing Liverpool a couple of seasons ago before fading away badly towards the end of the season 

Last year, we pushed on through this period and gained a really hard fought promotion 

Look at how Liverpool built their side to what we've done, absolutely chalk and cheese 

Looking at the Championship we'll have to be on top of our game all season to even be challenging 

We've definitely ridden the crest of the Lionesses doing well and worked hard to get decent crowds in. 

In hindsight looking at our home record does the away side raise their game more playing in a large stadium with decent crowds? 

The club will have to work really hard to get supporters to continue watching if they switch back to the HPC 

Don't really think they have to raise their games much .

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't really think they have to raise their games much .

Quite. I've only seen them on the faplayer this season, but yep, to me it just looks like we are a poor side + maybe added pressure at home not helping. Perhaps @shahanshahan wants to comment, having probably seen most/all of the games this season 😱.

Sadly, cidercity1987, I was not at that game so don't have a view. I was at a Western League match and was involved in a rally that evening too so could not go. What I will say is that West Ham's shock win is really making things more difficult for us now, naturally; the draw at Villa now has less aura. I can only hope the girls will pick up and find points like the Hammers and that the clutch of teams now on even terms above us will have one that crumbles as the season draws on.

I feel the side is beginning to benefit from returning injuries and that there is potential for better results. Mathematically there are plenty of opportunities, but the winnable games are in short supply. It will be a real test.

Also sad to hear about the fan collapsing at Villa. Puts a different perspective on things.

Edited by Erithacus
typo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Interesting article to come out today in the Mirror. Includes quotes from club chairman Gavin Marshall & operations manager Emma Jolliffe

Mentions they're not breaking even, I wonder what the losses are? 

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Some photos I took from Saturday. Didn't get round to posting them when I got back home after the game, and didn't feel right to post on Sunday.

DSC_5411.JPG

DSC_5412.JPG

DSC_5413.JPG

DSC_5414.JPG

DSC_5415.JPG

DSC_5416.JPG

DSC_5417.JPG

DSC_5418.JPG

DSC_5419.JPG

DSC_5421.JPG

DSC_5422.JPG

DSC_5423.JPG

DSC_5424.JPG

DSC_5425.JPG

DSC_5426.JPG

DSC_5427.JPG

DSC_5428.JPG

DSC_5429.JPG

DSC_5430.JPG

DSC_5431.JPG

DSC_5432.JPG

DSC_5433.JPG

DSC_5434.JPG

DSC_5435.JPG

DSC_5436.JPG

DSC_5437.JPG

DSC_5438.JPG

DSC_5439.JPG

DSC_5440.JPG

I like the one about half way down where I think Connolly & Daly had a slight disagreement, Daly had a go at one of our other players later if I recall.

2 hours ago, Eco said:

I like the one about half way down where I think Connolly & Daly had a slight disagreement, Daly had a go at one of our other players later if I recall.

She didn't like to mix it up. Came across as a bit of a moaner hence the "Rachel Daly's in a strop" chant which raised a laugh even from the home support.

• Like 2

• Admin
14 hours ago, Eco said:

That was Napier, clearly had her rattled

• Like 2

On 05/02/2024 at 23:59, Midlands Robin said:

She didn't like to mix it up. Came across as a bit of a moaner hence the "Rachel Daly's in a strop" chant which raised a laugh even from the home support.

Daly banned retrospectively for three matches for 'violent conduct' in the match

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Daly banned retrospectively for three matches for 'violent conduct' in the match

Here's the video of the incident, elbowing Megan Connolly in apparent view of the ref...

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Here's the video of the incident, elbowing Megan Connolly in apparent view of the ref...

We did say on the day that the Ref was a homer. She may as well have been wearing a Villa shirt at times.

Thankfully it's been dealt with now.

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Video from Copa 90 featuring Rachel Furness, Satara Murray & Abi Harrison all playing EA Sports FC (FIFA) 24

I'd rather Rachel was on the pitch. Any idea how much longer she'll be out?

3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Jamie-Lee Napier, Amy Rodgers & Lisa Evans called up for the latest Scotland squad. Abi Harrison misses out again

Abi played against England, thought she did OK when she was on the pitch. Good to see three City players though.

• Like 1