IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

On 04/12/2022 at 16:46, miser said:

The problem today was that Palmer had a poor game and we lacked any muscle in midfield leaving Syme on her own. At the start of the season, we were winning the 50/50s. Not so much today. Felt a bit lightweight with the wind and rain not helping.

I haven't seen the full game back on FA Player, highlights are below.

Will be interesting to see if/what changes are made against Southampton this Sunday in the FA Cup...

19 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Pity. Was one of the early top players at a time when the women's game barely had a pulse. Wand of a right foot.

Pretty sure she and another player featured in a documentary donkeys years ago about two female players going to play abroad.  Anyone confirm?

• Admin
2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

The home game with London City Lionesses in January has been selected for live FA Player coverage.

The rescheduled Lewes v Bristol City game on Tuesday 10th January should have also been considered...

Do they show midweek Championship games?

A foggy and chilly HPC but no problem for the girls. A solid performance all round, with increasing dominance in the second half, resulting in the win and into the hat for the next draw. Without Ffion Morgan to open up the wing, there was a chance to move the ball through other channels; Emma Symes was able to power through the middle on several occasions. Meanwhile the defence was lead by Layzell and kept the visitors to a few sporadic shots; Bentley did what was needed when needed. Shania Hayles pounced first on a loose ball at the back to score the first and Symes wafted a twenty-yarder into the top corner

Good to see Brook Aspin doing some drills with the squad too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

A foggy and chilly HPC but no problem for the girls. A solid performance all round, with increasing dominance in the second half, resulting in the win and into the hat for the next draw. Without Ffion Morgan to open up the wing, there was a chance to move the ball through other channels; Emma Symes was able to power through the middle on several occasions. Meanwhile the defence was lead by Layzell and kept the visitors to a few sporadic shots; Bentley did what was needed when needed. Shania Hayles pounced first on a loose ball at the back to score the first and Symes wafted a twenty-yarder into the top corner

Good to see Brook Aspin doing some drills with the squad too.

What was Symes’s free-kick like?

On 11/12/2022 at 14:21, shahanshahan said:

Team for todayFjsyHMnUoAEo279?format=jpg&name=large

I didn't notice at the time but Ffion Morgan, Chloe Mustaki, Vicky Bruce & Tianna Teisar were all missing due to injury-related issues.

Southampton had a lot of players missing due to a flu bug that's apparently gone round the team, according to a Saints supporter I know who was informed by someone from that club

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

City are ball number 24 in tonight's FA Cup fourth round draw, being livestreamed on the FA Player & WSL/Championship Twitter accountsFjyXwZnXkAMmiVM?format=jpg&name=large

Drawn at home against National League side Oxford United. Hoping that goes better than the last time City faced a National League side in the fourth round (when they lost to Southampton in extra time)

On 12/12/2022 at 22:19, Erithacus said:

That'll be three home games on the spin, then: Coventry, London City and Oxford in the Cup. Busy month for the girls - hope the injuries don't mount.

Just realised that on the week of the FA Cup game is the Conti Cup quarter finals. Should City get through (they're currently second in the group), that'll be an extra time.

I remember last January where the home game against Coventry was postponed due to that club's situation, and then there was a bad form of run after losing to Man City in the Conti Cup (probably expected) & Southampton a few days later in the FA Cup 

On 13/12/2022 at 14:17, shahanshahan said:

City's Conti Cup group game away at Lewes this Friday will be live on the FA Player. Good news for those that couldn't make it in person - I can't watch it live as I'm out for my work Xmas party that night...

Fj2l_HzWYAIQzii?format=jpg&name=large

This fixture has now been reversed due to the frozen pitch at Lewes.(Must have been that blooming dripping pan all this time!).

Presumably a 7pm kickoff. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Presumably a 7pm kickoff. 

6pm, subject to a pitch inspection tomorrow morning.

The fixture is included in Season Tickets, and as far as I'm aware, still on FA Player

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/lewes-fixture-switched-to-robins-hpc/

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1